Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge/dex vs Mana/int?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Dodge/dex vs Mana/int?

Strength is primary for a warrior. That is a given.

What is the second stat....dex or Int? 50/50?
    Is there a cap on dodge percent?

I find holding agro is no difficult so long as I have mana. I begin to lose it to mages and rogues when mana is depleted.

On the other hand, the ability to survive is high on my bucket list. keeping my party alive is obviously at the top. Should I collect more Int as my secondary stat for mana and lower my ability to survive?

Thanks for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Go for full str in stats... u can add int by upgrading passive skill or equipment
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

IMO... Dex if u off tank, but from the explanation u want to be pure tank.. so add int.... 800-900 mana is enough if u use VB or SS, 1000-1200 if u don't use VB or SS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIEGE_ View Post
    Strength is primary for a warrior. That is a given.

What is the second stat....dex or Int? 50/50?
    Is there a cap on dodge percent?

I find holding agro is no difficult so long as I have mana. I begin to lose it to mages and rogues when mana is depleted.

On the other hand, the ability to survive is high on my bucket list. keeping my party alive is obviously at the top. Should I collect more Int as my secondary stat for mana and lower my ability to survive?

Thanks for the help
    Use potions. I have never met a pro player who didn't spam pots when necessary. Dex over Int for the damage. I use VB so mana usually isn't an issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

thank you men.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think pots only give %of your total mana, so more mana you have the more mana you can get from pot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would use str + int over str + dex in gears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toughenn View Post
    i would use str + int over str + dex in gears
    I agree only because str + dex items typically have a much lower armor stat, in the case of helms and armors. Weapons wise, you usually trade off a very low amount of DPS for a relatively large amount of mana. Additionally, the Int version of sword and shield weapons usually has higher armor (as of last I knew).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toughenn View Post
    i think pots only give %of your total mana, so more mana you have the more mana you can get from pot
    I'm using about 1-2k HP potions a day, I don't care about a few mana potions, especially with how cheap they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

IMO...you should see your mana first before adding int or dex, if you don't have too many mana, you should go for int, even when mana pot is cheap, because you too occupied with spamming both mana pot, life pot, and also casting skill, but it all depend on gear. I always put my finger on pressing on life pot and casting skill, mana pot only used when not to busy with large mobs. But it all depend on playstyle..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

So that I get this straight....To beat the end game bosses, you have to spam pots? So really you go into the fight with 1000 pots, and you spam till you win? There are no tactics, or warrior style that can be used to win? If you do die, you spend plat to revive with invulnerability also?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

These guys will tell you it's not that simple. For endgame now strategy - checkpoints, skills, party - way more important.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

So that I get this straight....To beat the end game bosses, you have to spam pots? So really you go into the fight with 1000 pots, and you spam till you win? There are no tactics, or warrior style that can be used to win? If you do die, you spend plat to revive with invulnerability also?
    You spam pots when necessary. Without strategy you will die, no matter how many potions you use. Additionally, pot spamming is usually used against mobs rather than bosses. My rul of thumb is to keep my HP above 80%, but preferably full.

You don't need to use plat revives, and the invulnerability plat revive is largely unused. This said, plat revives are convenient and a large portion of my plat consumption (I do free trials but do not buy plat).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    These guys will tell you it's not that simple. For endgame now strategy - checkpoints, skills, party - way more important.
    Couldn't agree more with this statement. Party class balance, smart pulling to the right spot, and having the right skills in the party. And know which enemy to take down first. Otherwise, as a tank, you are left with cleaning after the scattered mobs brought about, and fight to pull aggro from that scattered bunch. Thats why I hate it when other class pull ahead of me.

Strategies came from being familiar with the map and mobs.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

1 INt = 3 hp war, 10 mana, no dmg increase
    1 dex = 3 hp war, 0.02 critial dodge%, 0.05 % dodge, 0.14 dmg

on your stats 5/5
    25 int = 75 hp, 250 mana
    25 dex= 75 hp, 3.5 dmg, 0.5 % crit, 1.25% dodge

even if you wanna be pure tank.. if you doing pve theres no point putting in Intelligent.. use mana pots like what everyone else is saying

If i had to choose between the two.. i would rather go for dex , the HP that intelligent gives is same as dex but with dex you get dodge ,crit, dmg increase .. while INT is only HP and MANA
    so its up to you whether the additional 75 hp , 250 mana is worth investing for (when u can pot anyways) .. if you can put points on both then okay u wont have to choose LOL

you should have enough points tho to have both of them as ur passives.. unless youre doing 5 skills

Priority PVE
    1. str
    2. durable
    3. Agility ~ Damage passives
    4. Intelligent

damage passives give more overall damage than agility passives
    - only way it can help u with pve is killing faster and holding agro but im not sure how effective that is..
    - i guess it will come down to how effective 1.25% dodge overall VS damage for holding agro

pvp priority is alittle bit different
    Last edited by inkredible; 04-07-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Still need good tactics, otherwise you end up killed and if the fight goes too long, the boss will reset, your effort useless. I usually spam life pot between 10 - 100 life pot, depend on map. Mana pot maybe only 10 - 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    1 INt = 3 hp war, 10 mana, no dmg increase
    1 dex = 3 hp war, 0.02 critial dodge%, 0.05 % dodge, 0.14 dmg

on your stats 5/5
    25 int = 75 hp, 250 mana
    25 dex= 75 hp, 3.5 dmg, 0.5 % crit, 1.25% dodge

even if you wanna be pure tank.. if you doing pve theres no point putting in Intelligent.. use mana pots like what everyone else is saying

If i had to choose between the two.. i would rather go for dex , the HP that intelligent gives is same as dex but with dex you get dodge ,crit, dmg increase .. while INT is only HP and MANA
    so its up to you whether the additional 75 hp , 250 mana is worth investing for (when u can pot anyways) .. if you can put points on both then okay u wont have to choose LOL

you should have enough points tho to have both of them as ur passives.. unless youre doing 5 skills

Priority PVE
    1. str
    2. durable
    3. Agility
    4. Damage passives
    5. Intelligent

( if youre goin pure tank .. with more dodge.. more hp etc)

pvp priority is alittle bit different

damage passives give more overall damage than agility passives
    - only way it can help u with pve is killing faster and holding agro but im not sure how effective that is..
    - i guess it depends on how effective 1.25% dodge
    -
    I'm 5/5 agility & knowledge

As pure tank, i'm not really care about dmg & dodge, not very useful.. my total dodge only 3.30%, dmg 269 (only tarlok set and conquerer wall potency). Only need to find good party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    I'm 5/5 agility & knowledge

As pure tank, i'm not really care about dmg & dodge, not very useful.. my total dodge only 3.30%, dmg 269 (only tarlok set and conquerer wall potency). Only need to find good party
    ok so 75 hp help u in pve. and help u save pots. thats why u would choose intelligent over damage passives anyways, its true the damage is not so important when ur in pve bec a warrior can only do so much damage but it does help with agro at some level.. while intelligent only helps ur character .. not others

i dont see a "pure" tank there when you rather save pots than hold agro... im not saying that damage would make a whole lot difference
    but i can assure you 100% , Intelligent passives in pve is not a pure tank when its only benefiting you

durable - benefits your survival - benefits the team ur taking damage for
    agility - benefits your damage/ dodge/ hp - dodging helps with ur survival, damage helps increase agro - overall benefit ur team
    damage passives - benefits your damage - damage helps increase agro
    intelligent passives - increase hp , mana = benefits you = 75 hp wont make a difference with ur survival when your potting .. u gain 500+ hp with pots.. 75 is nothing
    Last edited by inkredible; 04-07-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    ok so 75 hp help u in pve. and help u save pots. thats why u would choose intelligent over damage passives anyways, its true the damage is not so important when ur in pve bec a warrior can only do so much damage but it does help with agro at some level.. while intelligent only helps ur character .. not others

i dont see a "pure" tank there when you rather save pots than hold agro... im not saying that damage would make a whole lot difference
    but i can assure you 100% , Intelligent passives in pve is not a pure tank when its only benefiting you

durable - benefits your survival - benefits the team ur taking damage for
    agility - benefits your damage/ dodge/ hp - dodging helps with ur survival, damage helps increase agro - overall benefit ur team
    damage passives - benefits your damage - damage helps increase agro
    intelligent passives - increase hp , mana = benefits you = 75 hp wont make a difference with ur survival when your potting .. u gain 500+ hp with pots.. 75 is nothing
    I spend most of my skill point on passives: 5/5 durable, knowledge, agility, might & 2/5 crit... the rest active skill.
    My playstyle is to keep my party alive by spamming life pot alot (left hand on life pot, and right hand keep casting skill), sometimes mana pot, and hold agro with 3 taunt skill (CS, Jug, and HoR). Rarely press mana pot when in large mob, that's why i need int for mana, so i can continuously hold agro and still alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think potion give %of your total mana, like: i have 1000mana each pot will give me around 300mana, if i drop to 660 total each will only give around 180/potion
    and 300mana can give you 5-6skill cast before u hit pot again, but 180only can cast 3. and when tanking is busy with skills, hard to do both at same time.
    thats why if you running a elite without a mage is very impatient...