Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on the Newly Revealed DMG % System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Mhm why even put the +2.5% dmg on rogue archon rings? its obviously not being calculated, and thats just 1 out of many examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Mhm why even put the +2.5% dmg on rogue archon rings? its obviously not being calculated, and thats just 1 out of many examples.
    Price dip coming

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Imagine 5/5 DMG passive, 15% DMG Happiness Bonus from your pet Loki, 10% DMG from a party members Arcane Ability on Orion, a 30% DMG bonus from a Combo Elixir and a 15% bonus in DMG% from standing in a Shadow Veil.

What would you expect your damage bonus to be? +75% through straight addition of the bonuses, +98.57% through stacking with the Elixir stacked last?

Whichever way you view it, +75% to almost +100% is grossly overpowered. With most Rogues possessing 450+ DMG, that almost means that you are one-hitting mobs in elite Tindirin.
    I wouldn't mind since they are one-hitting me. At least they could have stack pet + skills...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Erm this im skeptical on. Because unlike the damage passives. the archon rings damage actually shows up on your stats. I dont think its broken. however this 5/5 damage not working should either be fixed or taken out.

DEVS look at this topic please. Either tell us you are gonna "look into" or fix it. or tell us you don't care so i can go ahead and find uses for the skill points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defilading View Post
    Erm this im skeptical on. Because unlike the damage passives. the archon rings damage actually shows up on your stats. I dont think its broken. however this 5/5 damage not working should either be fixed or taken out.

DEVS look at this topic please. Either tell us you are gonna "look into" or fix it. or tell us you don't care so i can go ahead and find uses for the skill points
    This is why the price of Archon won't drop fast. People like to believe what is displayed. Nothing wrong with that, but looks can be deceiving. Remember the Alp glitch anyone?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

You can't believe whats on the stats page. They recently fixed a bug with the arcane ring and singe wasn't showing on the stats page properly. Also its likely the code that calculates damage in combat and the code which shows your stats are completely separate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This is why the price of Archon won't drop fast. People like to believe what is displayed. Nothing wrong with that, but looks can be deceiving. Remember the Alp glitch anyone?
    which is why the devs need to hurry up and post in here confirming some stuff or confirming that theyre gonna at least fix some of it. Theres going to be alot of anger once more people peak at this thread. Especially if the archons are bugged. i know alot of people who spent dozens of plat to super gem the 41 archons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong. So basically if I use Samael to clear mobs faster and switch to Singe in boss fight, I basically need to respec for optimal build if I have 5/5 in dmg passive?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=97967&dateline=137622  0853

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Anyone remember when people were asking about players being overpowered w/ skills and buffs and lixers? And devs said they thought about that and had a solution? And we all assumed that meant things were capped? And they sort of confirmed that?

Now we know that it is capped. Only not quite what we had assumed.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Oh for players sake... sts

Plz simplify all this.
    Make things clearer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slappityslap View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. So basically if I use Samael to clear mobs faster and switch to Singe in boss fight, I basically need to respec for optimal build if I have 5/5 in dmg passive?
    No, both samael(10%) and singe(12%) got higher dmg than the 5% passive, so dont put skill point there.

Skill points on passive damage should be considered only if u use pets without dmg on happyness bonus like malison or crawly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

nice guide. ty sir
    S a l x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I wonder how things are going in the Crit research department? Thinking where to allocate the 5 skill points I used to put in DMG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't really care what rules they have, but the stat page MUST match the actual statistics used during battle. Otherwise players have no way to judge their build. I really do hope the fix coming soon will make this so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

As a endgame pve rogue I find this very disturbing. So since I use Grimm my passive damage is useless? And my archon may or may not stack... We really need damage % to reflect in stat page, especially including current pet buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    So basically, if you're using any damage pet... the damage passive is pointless.

Interesting...
    This is true. When equipped with Samael, you recieve an extra 10% dmg from happiness bonus, so putting skill points in the dmg passive is useless. Unfortunately, it applies with Archon Rings as well (STR and DEX types), so with a 3.5% armor bonus, your durable passive is useless. Because of this, I have to switch to a mythic ring for my warrior because I rather have 5% armor bonus from passives than 3.5% armor bonus.
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 04-14-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    This is true. When equipped with Samael, you recieve an extra 10% dmg from happiness bonus, so putting skill points in the dmg passive is useless. Unfortunately, it applies with Archon Rings as well (STR and DEX types), so with a 3.5% armor bonus, your durable passive is useless. Because of this, I have to switch to a mythic ring for my warrior because I rather have 5% armor bonus from passives than 3.5% armor bonus.

I dont think the armor% applies in this because when you equip archon ring your armor is boosted
    Last edited by Cero; 04-14-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Actually in pvp we tested the armor ring quite carefully, and it did still have effect when combined with passive armor.

This was not the case for archon damage ring when combined with damage pet having over 10% damage boost. I put the info on the original thread about this.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1586604
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    So basically, if you're using any damage pet... the damage passive is pointless.

Interesting...
    Actually, the description for warrior archons is that it grants 2.5% armor. It actually calculates in 5% armor, not 2.5%. Tests with serancha showed having the archon was more effective than having it off. I had durability in and it didnt seem to cancel the archons armor effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Wow, failed build. So I have had points in damage all this time, wasted. Wow.