Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
Hey gang,

I wanted to interject some commentary about the Dev Teams culpability with the design of % damage items. The designers who made these pets and items didn't do so with any malicious aims in their hearts. They put together a suite of items out of the available statistics to modify with the aim of making items that they thought you, the players, would enjoy. When the stats of the pets or items went live and people seem delighted, it was job well done and then on to the next thing to work on.

Really, the core issue is one of documentation. Spacetime is really good at making stuff, but not all that hot in leaving behind a nice trail of documentation about it. It is something that we are working on doing better.

This issue of documentation leads to multiple problems. For example, pet abilities have been designed in the past with sufficient power that they justify a very long cooldown. The problem is, the designer who did that thought that the cooldown would always be enforced and didn't know that it could be circumvented. In a nutshell, they were lacking documentation about how pets really work. This, and other issues, are on our roadmap to address.

I really appreciate the effort Kalizzaa has put into testing these issues and bringing them to light. As a long time MMORGP player (and min/maxer) myself, I can empathize with the desire for more information. One thing that we do have fixed that will come out with the next client of Arcane Legends (a new app version) is the % display being accurately reflected in the roll up of numbers that are shown in the Avatar section. This should go a long way to helping you better understand which item or pet is the one you want to use.

As always, thanks a ton for being part of the Arcane Legends community.

Warm regards,
Samhayne
Sam,

Does this mean that there will not be a rewrite to the code to enable damage stacking?