Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Map Level Restrictions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrpredalien View Post
    Lol,, that would suck for lower level players,
    or twinks who are power leveling to farm.
    As for me, well.,, I'm not all supportive over it Lol
    It just means they'll have to ask for someone to PL them rather than leech XP. I doubt it'll be enforced much in lower campaigns since AO3 is where the majority of the problem is at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Don't be so mean to people dude.
    If you don't want them in your game just boot them, it's not that hard.
    Stop trying to make this game against noobs, let them level up and let them have their fun.
    Boot button's there, problem solves.

Fiuevy - Level 60 Enchantress.
    Sanatorium - Level 5 Twink Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Fluevy, this new option will simply allow players to create the game they want with less booting. What could anyone, besides the leeches, possibly have against that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back to the post theme; Level restrictions or not

Most of you neglect the opposite idea;

How often have you joined a game in a zone that is your own level - and being booted by some high level (insert own negative word here)?

I suggest a new kind of level restriction; high level hosts CAN NOT boot a - or restrict entrance for - players that meet the zone's level. I'm so tired of L50 players making low level games and booting us that were meant to level up in this zone.

Why do the L50 make low level games? To get easy loot and sell - thereby corrupting the game economy and making rare pinks less rare.

With this argument in fact I think high levels should be prevented from getting loot from zones 5 levels below their own level. That would leave the high level gamers who actually are in the game to help the struggling players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Baktus, stop flooding every thread with this idea. No one will agree with you. You may like the idea for 5 minutes, but wait until you're level 50 with nothing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We'll add a checkbox in 1.7 that can restrict the hosted game to at least the minumum level required by the campaign.

-ALS
    Just boot them if you still don't want the level 50 or lower to the minimum level of that campaign...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Baktus, stop flooding every thread with this idea. No one will agree with you. You may like the idea for 5 minutes, but wait until you're level 50 with nothing to do.
    Lesrider zoom out. Then you will see that flodding the market with low level pinks farmed by high level players does nothing good to a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baktus View Post
    Lesrider zoom out. Then you will see that flodding the market with low level pinks farmed by high level players does nothing good to a game.
    This is Pocket Legends and not Pocket Market. Maybe there's a market app similar to Farmville that's more to your liking. Flooding the market helps low levels get gear for cheap prices.

Spamming your suggestion in countless threads is kind of rude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was about to post this same suggestion; however, I think the host should be able to enter the minimum (or maximum) level of players allowed to join the group.

-Derek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    You have plenty to do. Like any other game, once you've “won” you can always play again (i.e. start a new character).

And for the record, even though I have two level 50 characters, I completely agree about preventing high level characters from screwing around in low level dungeons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

OMG, just start your own game already, Baktus. And invite your own friends.

As for level restrictions, an option seems sort of ok.

I would hate to see a required level restriction, because even if you are NOT boosting a toon, playing in the next higher dungeon above your level isn't always leeching. I can guarantee all of my toons can survive as is and solo the next higher dungeon outside their level range. This is generally what I do. I move on based on quests, not levels, and generally have no trouble with at least the next campaign. So my level 8 is ok in Dark Forest, my level 12 in Balefort, etc. It depends a bit on the campaign but having a hard level restriction would mean my toons play in areas much too easy for them. And I suspect there are other players like this as well.

Hmm...where was I where a bunch of level teens killed snowmen fine but the level 31 bird kept dying...?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I can see what you're saying but I doubt people will use the option on lower dungeons. I think it'll primarily be used on AO3 maps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    OMG, just start your own game already, Baktus. And invite your own friends.

As for level restrictions, an option seems sort of ok.

I would hate to see a required level restriction, because even if you are NOT boosting a toon, playing in the next higher dungeon above your level isn't always leeching. I can guarantee all of my toons can survive as is and solo the next higher dungeon outside their level range. This is generally what I do. I move on based on quests, not levels, and generally have no trouble with at least the next campaign. So my level 8 is ok in Dark Forest, my level 12 in Balefort, etc. It depends a bit on the campaign but having a hard level restriction would mean my toons play in areas much too easy for them. And I suspect there are other players like this as well.

Hmm...where was I where a bunch of level teens killed snowmen fine but the level 31 bird kept dying...?
    Level restrictions wouldn't be strict. Not like a lvl 44 couldn't get into ao3. What we all mean by level restriction is a level 1 can't get into ao3 and such. How many times have you been in ao3 and a lvl 21 joins in level 10 gear? *Raises hand*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Level restrictions wouldn't be strict. Not like a lvl 44 couldn't get into ao3. What we all mean by level restriction is a level 1 can't get into ao3 and such. How many times have you been in ao3 and a lvl 21 joins in level 10 gear? *Raises hand*
    I actually did see a level 1 in AO3. “Please don't boot me.” Well, no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    But you were boosted to 50 in ao3 lvl 2, thus, not being able to make that argument.
    Twinks right :P Everyone here when they started was supported by atleast 1 max level cap character.... so not allowing that makes it that the supporting newbies dun go on.... But yeh, not allowing lv30s in ao3 is valid i suppose..
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bladesword View Post
    Twinks right :P Everyone here when they started was supported by atleast 1 max level cap character.... so not allowing that makes it that the supporting newbies dun go on.... But yeh, not allowing lv30s in ao3 is valid i suppose..

Uh, no. Some of us played the game through on our own with people the same level as us. Not everyone got boosted or leeched. Just because you can't imagine anyone doing it, doesn't mean we didn't.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We'll add a checkbox in 1.7 that can restrict the hosted game to at least the minumum level required by the campaign.

-ALS
    Checkbox isn't really enough.

There might as well be an option to set a max level.

(To go a step further, having a set of create game loadouts would be even better!)

For instance in the Winter Festival, it can be rough if you have less than 5 in a L10 Factory then turn a corner only to be faced with L50 Snowmen, etc.

Run away! Run away!

I'll admit, this would be most useful in campaigns that scale to the party's level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Checkbox would still help tons

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Checkbox isn't really enough.

There might as well be an option to set a max level.

(To go a step further, having a set of create game loadouts would be even better!)

For instance in the Winter Festival, it can be rough if you have less than 5 in a L10 Factory then turn a corner only to be faced with L50 Snowmen, etc.

Run away! Run away!

I'll admit, this would be most useful in campaigns that scale to the party's level.
    I don't really get what your saying, Less then 5 in a level 10 dungeon with lvl 50 snowmen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I don't really get what your saying, Less then 5 in a level 10 dungeon with lvl 50 snowmen?
    As an example, the "Factory" level in the recent Winter special area would scale enemies and drops to the highest level character in the party. Now, let's say you've got four level 10s running around, doing the quests for the snowman helm or farming, whatever. All of the sudden, in the middle of a fight with a bunch of mobs, a level 50 joins the game. INSTANTLY, the enemies scale up to level 50 mobs, and the party wipes.

Yes, I've been there. And yes, it's bloody annoying.