Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Development - What's Next for Arcane Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Finally free respec!! I need them for all of my char!

Sorry my English

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Woa thx sts did it look like a new token vender with that icon above her head pls say new stuff? And the new event level looks cool nice round huts i want to live in a cool house like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

whoop whoop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    So I finnaly wont only get 2k of gold 3 times in locks?
    No. You will continue to get the 2k payout, but will no longer receive the higher ones. Those will be replaced with elixir kits. Makes no sense to me because the economy isn't inflated from the gold payouts, it's because there's nothing to buy ATM.

Drop hooks from crates, release the new red bow or dags. Throw in the new mythic amulet and ring and leave the big payouts alone. Plenty more people will pop crates and now we have stuff to buy. (:Economy fixed, boom!

Adding in. Swap out the Ethyls for the lix kits or some of the pinks we can't sell anymore.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 04-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I'm surprised PvE is highlighted instead of PvP but I agree this is the main fix we're all looking forward to. I hope the new skills system resolves the 5-6 skill-swapping exploit too; we've already went through the unfair advantages on that one.

Yes on the first but not sure about the second. Taking a look at the bigger picture, what was revealed changed maybe five point placement and everyone will get a chance to respecialize soon. Does it need to be fixed or will it result in a broken PvE environment like PL? I like the current level of difficulty.

This should be low at the need-to-do list. True, it is an exploit and yeah, like the case of swapping skills it does involve some amount of skill but its impact on the game isn't as severe. So, if they fix skill-swapping then they should go ahead and fix this too - just keep in mind that fixing "parking" would most likely involve changing core game mechanics so unless more people complain I don't think it'll be done.
    * I highlighted PvE for 2 reasons...

First one being that the PvP aspect has been covered in a ton of posts already while PvE doesn't nearly get that same kind of attention, even while it's just as big a problem for people who want to be competitive in that area.
    Second reason is that I don't PvP, so it wouldn't be very valid for me to comment on that aspect of the game.

As for the skill/weapon swapping, I don't agree, again from a PvE perspective at least. I swap skills/weapons/pets at bosses or on the fly during certain situations, without the abuse of any macro, as do many other people I play with. It's part of the strategy for effective runs. Taking that away, just because it gets abused in PvP wouldn't be fair game the way I see it. I'd be fine with STG disabling skill swapping during PvP if it's such a huge problem, but I sincerely hope they'd leave PvE out of it.

* As for the damage stacks, I totally agree that this should be looked at carefully before implementing any changes.

That said, people spent tons of gold (and plat) on gear for seasons, just to find out that a lot of stats/buffs/debuffs are totally useless in a lot of circumstances.

Another example are the hardcore plat/kit farmers who run on combo's 24/7, many of the stats on pets suddenly seemed to be useless. Why would any plat/kit farmer ever want to buy a +% pet again, if it's just totally negated by you combo elix or kits? The ironic thing is that those are mostly the people with the cash to afford these expensive pets/items in the first place, while for them they are the least useful.

So yeah, I don't want things to become easy either, but I do hope that better system of stacking % buffs/debuffs gets implemented. If not for PvP, at least for PvE.

* the parking of mobs is indeed not something too serious, but it's still an exploit that allows lazy farmers with a lot of time to run elites in way that was clearly not intended (no offense to the people who actually use this). But yeah, if I had to pick one suggestion to drop, it would've been this one.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Did I just saw a green ice queen vanity? Or should I say forest queen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I think taking the higher gold payouts is silly. It's not going yo fix the economy and will make me open less locked crates, thus spending less plat. I typically will have 100k on my toon and then will buy locks to open. I'll stand there opening and buying locks until I run out of gold. Reducing the amount of gold just means people like me will open less locks. Also, for the poor guy, that gold is much needed for things like pots. Not everyone has heaps of gold they're hoarding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    No. You will continue to get the 2k payout, but will no longer receive the higher ones. Those will be replaced with elixir kits. Makes no sense to me because the economy isn't inflated from the gold payouts, it's because there's nothing to buy ATM.

Drop hooks from crates, release the new red bow or dags. Throw in the new mythic amulet and ring and leave the big payouts alone. Plenty more people will pop crates and now we have stuff to buy. (:Economy fixed, boom!

Adding in. Swap out the Ethyls for the lix kits or some of the pinks we can't sell anymore.
    I agree completely. There is nothing to buy with this new itemized system leaving people just sitting on gold.

As far as pvp goes I like the assist flag idea. 10k flags is hard to get, changing the game this way will double the time it takes to reach this ap. I think all team members who are near the flagger when they score should receive 1 flag as well. This will motivate players to stick to the flagger until the end and if they make it to the goal it's a plus for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Raregem; 04-23-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbollido1 View Post
    Did I just saw a green ice queen vanity? Or should I say forest queen?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	85429

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Exclamation Mostly great changes but...

For the most part I'm excited about the new changes Sam which is great... Like Candy I'm a little concerned about the gold from crates though. Removing the gold from crates is a bad idea. Already getting pinks that are worth less than the 2k 2k 2k payout is lame.

I also finally looted my first red arcane weapon and what was it... Lvl 26 hooks that are worth less than mythic daggers... this is ridiculous (outright ripoff) Yes I'm a rogue but at least if it was a staff or a maul it would be worth the thousands of crates opened to get first arcane weapon.

Either fix the Rogue Arcane Hooks (through an upgrade quest or something) or get rid of it altogether... huge disappoint getting hooks that won't even sell for what a glacian will sell for now. Considering the rarity (way harder to loot in locked than a red pet which is stupid rare already)

So let me get this straight you're taking the biggest gold payout which is like only 50k away so then what's left...

We spend 15 plat and 13,000 gold to get what... pinks that might sell for as little as 150 gold each o.O

Minus going through tons of crates looking for a Shard or decent redpet, maul, or staff what's left if not some decent gold payout???

Answer will be nothing unless ur interested in hoarding a bunch of snow vanities and holding them for year till their worth something... if anything something more of value should be added to crates as normal payout in gold or something else (if you make the elixirs something better than you can buy normally then maybe this could work?)... nerfing them is a bad idea though because if you don't loot something RED which is already next to impossible... then what is there as a consolation if not at least some of your 13k gold back or hopefully a little extra to make up for all the 2k 2k 2k and terrible pinks you keep getting in the last 10 crates???

Let's not kid our selves...
    (The pinks are worth something for the first couple hours they are available and some of the weapons are worth something for a couple weeks spiraling down in value the whole time)

I've opened a lot of crates and I can say... I don't have a lot of gold.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

Lix kits will be the new Ethyl. Js.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

sounds good but I hope the slyvan adventure is not too short and I also hope it will have a lot of fighting and why not some brain busters that will make it even more difficult. I also want to mention where are the videoooooooooos from season 1 I remember bael's video and from season 2 madrom's video why StS why you stoped these small videos I was in love with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Why are you waiting bring it on cant wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

After opening tons and tons of locks, i agree gold payout is running economy of game am 100% sure... Its good they removed it... Price of items is real crazy, they shoul've made arcane ring recepie cost 1-2m @_@ and somthing like that to sink gold... Seriously as one of frnd said 'If you dont have 100m,you're broke in game'

Too much gold ingame, sink gold before this game becomes like pocket legends...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Exciting!!!!
    ...Everything Happens For a Reason...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

We can't rush to assumptions on what will happen to locks. If these added lixs are superior in someway to what we currently see then it could be a good thing. They need to hold a high value in CS. If they replace the 50k payout they should be worth close to this. This keeps poppers happy and doesn't discourage new players from spending all their gold to buy locks to pop. Instead of generating 50k of new gold it just shifts the existing gold available in the economy around. This keeps inflation lower. Could work but this could go bad as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    We can't rush to assumptions on what will happen to locks. If these added lixs are superior in someway to what we currently see then it could be a good thing. They need to hold a high value in CS. If they replace the 50k payout they should be worth close to this. This keeps poppers happy and doesn't discourage new players from spending all their gold to buy locks to pop. Instead of generating 50k of new gold it just shifts the existing gold available in the economy around. This keeps inflation lower. Could work but this could go bad as well.
    Big you have a good point here. I agree with most of what you say, however whose to say the crate lix will retain value? Has a single item from locked retained value except orange and red? No. They have a short boom when new items are introduced into locked then they fall to nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Big you have a good point here. I agree with most of what you say, however whose to say the crate lix will retain value? Has a single item from locked retained value except orange and red? No. They have a short boom when new items are introduced into locked then they fall to nothing.
    That is always the problem Candy. It needs to be something that manages to hold value. I'm not sure exactly what would achieve this. Maybe a lix that increases the chance of looting a mythic or arcane from locks. Maybe 7 day luck lix, lix that increases super gem chance, 100% reroll lix. Lock prices may even increase if this is done which would make farming gold easier for new players. 50k payout doesn't happen extremely often. Maybe one in twenty or so. Although I've only opened 40 locks so I don't have that big of a sample for stats lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

seems great keep updating us

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The removal of the highest payout of gold from Crates, and the putting in of new elixir kits is not a fix for economy issues, but it is a step in the direction of reducing the large influx of gold in the economy. There are many moving parts involved, and the little pieces are just as relevant as the big ones. As for the value of the elixir, it should be worth something on the CS no doubt, but that's not up to us...
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com