Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CTF Tournament? L41 Players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    Who are those people who have to spend 2-3m just to enter tourney? I'm assuming those who want to join are mostly using mythic rings atm. If you're an arcane ring user, then 2-3mil for a ring is peanuts for you. Allowing mythic rings should not be a precedent for also allowing arcane rings imo.

If you're bent on not using myth rings, may I suggest the use of any ring without an aura? This will eliminate arcane, mythic, archon and winterstar rings.
    I think you know how many arcane rings are in circulation right now, especially in pvp endgame. In my guild alone, we have 4-5. I know Magnum has quite a few. I'm not quite sure about Republika though.

As Cero said, a rogue gets very very strong when equipping an arcane ring, strong enough to kill a flagger in seconds. As a result, I don't think it's fair to allow them in the match. However, I also do not think it's fair to force ring users to get a separate ring when the next best ring is also costly. This goes for archon rings as well. If y'all are not willing to even downgrade your ring, how can you expect arcane users to be willing at all?

@Cero
    Allowing 2-3 arcanes last time did not seem to make the matches unbalanced. I think I had around 12-14 (84-98 players) teams iirc and they were all geared out as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-01-2014 at 08:22 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

That's why I suggested the use of any ring without an aura. You are talking about the number of rings that are now in Magnum, and ofc you know how many there are in your guild as well. What about those people who are skilled pvp players but do not have these rings? What I'm saying is downgrading from a 100mil ring to a 2-3m one shouldn't be an issue as those people can easily afford or even borrow one. If you feel that allowing mythic ring users to use their rings is a disservice to arcane rings users, then by all means level the playing field by requiring a standard ring or as i suggested, one without an aura. It can be legendary but it still wouldnt be an archon ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's why I suggested the use of any ring without an aura. You are talking about the number of rings that are now in Magnum, and ofc you know how many there are in your guild as well. What about those people who are skilled pvp players but do not have these rings? What I'm saying is downgrading from a 100mil ring to a 2-3m one shouldn't be an issue as those people can easily afford or even borrow one. If you feel that allowing mythic ring users to use their rings is a disservice to arcane rings users, then by all means level the playing field by requiring a standard ring or as i suggested, one without an aura. It can be legendary but it still wouldnt be an archon ring.
    2-3m is still an expense. Unnecessary expenses cause people to lose interest or not participate from my experience of making tournaments. That is why I do not have things like a jackpot for tournaments, as a payment on entry is a turn off to most players.

So, in short, I do need to level the playing field. This is also why I am keeping the arcane rule to 2-3. This is flexible enough to allow weapons but not flexible enough to use the arcane pet of your choice. Make sense? If I limited that rule to 1, then it means that player will have to find a mythic staff or mythic weapon user which can be equally expensive. Thus, that rule remains to what it is.

The last tournament lasted a month and most players I know do not want to be dumping money for that amount of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

people should stop complaining about rings and the amount of arcanes, Zeus is trying to make it fair for everyone and tournament should be open also for those who cant afford mythics/arcanes.

Time to show your skills more than your wallets!

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

parth I can't get my head around u putting mythic ring in the same category as arcane ring lol

Idk I say allow 2 arcane items per team that's it, be it ring or weapon or pet.

Or make a separate tourney for each groups the wealthy arcane user and the poor non-arcane . Or make whatever rules u think fair and ppl will either join or not lol

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    parth I can't get my head around u putting mythic ring in the same category as arcane ring lol

Idk I say allow 2 arcane items per team that's it, be it ring or weapon or pet.

Or make a separate tourney for each groups the wealthy arcane user and the poor non-arcane . Or make whatever rules u think fair and ppl will either join or not lol

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk
    Meecah,

If you're talking about statwise then no, the ring is not close to the arcane ring at all. However, if you take away the arcane ring and not allow it to be used, it become the next best ring. So, that becomes a 2-3m expense for any player. Do you want to spend 2-3m just to enter a tournament? I sure as heck wouldn't. I've already explained why that causes interest level to go down.

The higher the cost of participating, the less participants there are. I've learned that from many tournaments that I've seen on forums.

Need a case and point? Goodsyntax's contest! No offense to Good, it's a great contest, however, due to limiting arcane gear and not providing an affordable substitute you only really see 2 guilds entering in that contest when expected turnout was much more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Meecah,

If you're talking about statwise then no, the ring is not close to the arcane ring at all. However, if you take away the arcane ring and not allow it to be used, it become the next best ring. So, that becomes a 2-3m expense for any player. Do you want to spend 2-3m just to enter a tournament? I sure as heck wouldn't. I've already explained why that causes interest level to go down.

The higher the cost of participating, the less participants there are. I've learned that from many tournaments that I've seen on forums.

Need a case and point? Goodsyntax's contest! No offense to Good, it's a great contest, however, due to limiting arcane gear and not providing an affordable substitute you only really see 2 guilds entering in that contest when expected turnout was much more.
    I see more interest waning if you allow the use of arcane rings, though :/ You can literally one-shot people with that. Say you allow 2-3 arcanes per team. Equip a maul and a ring on a tank and a ring on a rogue. You now have a rock who can flag and a hitter who can kill. Why are you more worried about people not participating because they cannot use their top goods, than others not participating because they will be going against people WITH top goods?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I see more interest waning if you allow the use of arcane rings, though :/ You can literally one-shot people with that. Say you allow 2-3 arcanes per team. Equip a maul and a ring on a tank and a ring on a rogue. You now have a rock who can flag and a hitter who can kill. Why are you more worried about people not participating because they cannot use their top goods, than others not participating because they will be going against people WITH top goods?
    That's why I won't allow the ring in the game...which is what I've been saying but as a result, players will have to use winterstar rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

That's why I won't allow the ring in the game...which is what I've been saying but as a result, players will have to use winterstar rings.
    Much better, then. I got confused by all the comments and thought that arcane rings were going to be allowed and counted as one of the 2 or 3 arcane rule. Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

So far it seems as if no one agrees with you Parf. People also might not want to enter the tournament when they find out they have to use Winter Star rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    So far it seems as if no one agrees with you Parf. People also might not want to enter the tournament when they find out they have to use Winter Star rings.
    It's not a matter about agreement. You want a case and point? Again, Kalizzaa's contest.

They wanted arcane gear to be removed from the contest, even had a poll on it. However, when that was implemented and people had to downgrade, now they only have 2 guilds actively participating in that contest.

People don't have to like the rules, they're made in the interest of keeping things fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Woo arcane legends world tournament sounds Nice

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Athellica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It's not a matter about agreement. You want a case and point? Again, Kalizzaa's contest.

They wanted arcane gear to be removed from the contest, even had a poll on it. However, when that was implemented and people had to downgrade, now they only have 2 guilds actively participating in that contest.

People don't have to like the rules, they're made in the interest of keeping things fair.
    In most cases that I am aware of, my guild included, the rules had nothing to do with the lack of entries in that contest, it was purely due to too little time to get teams together from announcement to contest time.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    In most cases that I am aware of, my guild included, the rules had nothing to do with the lack of entries in that contest, it was purely due to too little time to get teams together from announcement to contest time.
    In cases that I am also aware of, in the highly geared out guilds, it would mean that they literally had to downgrade everything which is very very expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I say allow all gear. People work hard for their gear, and should be allowed to use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I say allow all gear. People work hard for their gear, and should be allowed to use it.
    Don't you think this would effect turnout rate as well as people stacking teams?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Don't you think this would effect turnout rate as well as people stacking teams?
    I think the people who turn out for a tournament like this are your best and most geared players anyway. As you are placing a limit on how many arcane items can be on one team, I don't see any problems with arcane rings being included in that count.

BTW, I assume arcane pets are not included in that count?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think the people who turn out for a tournament like this are your best and most geared players anyway. As you are placing a limit on how many arcane items can be on one team, I don't see any problems with arcane rings being included in that count.

BTW, I assume arcane pets are not included in that count?
    Ener, have you seen how hard a rogue with an arcane ring hits yet though? I can show you if you'd like. That's the whole reason why I'm scared to allow the ring, despite having one because it might unbalance matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Ener, have you seen how hard a rogue with an arcane ring hits yet though? I can show you if you'd like. That's the whole reason why I'm scared to allow the ring, despite having one because it might unbalance matches.
    Does the ring really boost your damage that much? I thought it only gives about 40-50 extra dmg. I thought most of the difference in having an arcane ring is in your armor and health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Does the ring really boost your damage that much? I thought it only gives about 40-50 extra dmg. I thought most of the difference in having an arcane ring is in your armor and health.
    I do 4.6k crits on mages.

It is only overpowered on a rogue due to aimed shot.