Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mages in PvP

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I don't see why people say mages suck, I get it when they say they DID suck, but now, mages do have a fighting chance. Maybe not the best in 1v1 against warriors, but in a 5v5 clash, mages kick ***.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

So after six seasons it seems your initial description is still correct. Mages are viewed as usesful by other classes if they are the self sacrificing type who work to keep their team alive but dont expect to score much. Otherwise I would not say "completely useless" is correct, but to state that we are still the "most useless" of classes would be 100% correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

From what I see this is being based on majority of mages however there actually many skilled mages out there in pvp. So I don't really think we should say "mages" like every single Mage in arcane legends is weak. Infact what I realised is that:

Rogues are more capable of beating warriors.

Sorcerers are more capable of beating rogues. (If your not then train and practice new combos)

Warriors are more capable of beating sorcerers.

This is all possible from lvls 10 and up where tarlok equipment is sort of like the mythic in end lvl pvp.

As solid said people just aren't using sorcerers right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    So after six seasons it seems your initial description is still correct. Mages are viewed as usesful by other classes if they are the self sacrificing type who work to keep their team alive but dont expect to score much. Otherwise I would not say "completely useless" is correct, but to state that we are still the "most useless" of classes would be 100% correct.
    Being able to beat rogues who have many spots on LB doesn't really make us the most "completely useless class" but rather the "most stupid" and has the "laziest" people not occupying a good spot on ctf kills (were even better flaggers). I find it ironic cuz our primary stat is "intelligence"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    To keep the other two's classes KDR positive? Yessir!
    nope , ask alhuntrazeck he will tell u lmao!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xbadboyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone:1605416
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Being able to beat rogues who have many spots on LB doesn't really make us the most "completely useless class" but rather the "most stupid" and has the "laziest" people not occupying a good spot on ctf kills (were even better flaggers). I find it ironic cuz our primary stat is "intelligence"
    Wow neutrone....preach!!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I'm gonna necro some old threads. Seems like people will respond to anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    Wow neutrone....preach!!
    Lmao

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Is there any mage at all at PVP LB? (kills or flag)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Is there any mage at all at PVP LB? (kills or flag)
    Tongsmash Mage No.4 TDM kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Ill check and mention the rest

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Tongsmash Mage No.4 TDM kills
    So mages can rank in LB after all, so the term "useless" is not a right description then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    So mages can rank in LB after all, so the term "useless" is not a right description then.
    Yep :thumbup:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I did not say "useless", I said "most useless." One mage in top 25 CTF kills and just three in TDM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox:1625822
    I did not say "useless", I said "most useless." One mage in top 25 CTF kills and just three in TDM.
    There are single class LBs, you can find 25 sorcs
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Even if sorcerers were complete and utter nubs with 1 attack damage, you would still find 25 sorcerers in the sorcerer category leaderboard, lol. Your point is...? Nesox has a very valid point. Flagging for a mage is even worse!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1627357
    Even if sorcerers were complete and utter nubs with 1 attack damage, you would still find 25 sorcerers in the sorcerer category leaderboard, lol. Your point is...? Nesox has a very valid point. Flagging for a mage is even worse!
    If they are using LBs as an indication of skill/balance, it's invalid evidence, there are other factors involved, for example, rogues have more kills because they are a pure single target class (sp, aim, nox). Mages have been given buffs on gale to give them the extra dash, one of the reasons mages are behind on flags is because warriors and rogues got way too many flags pre-buff (when mages were so slow) so they cannot catch up now. New flagging system is ideally for tanks.

As for the top 25 single class categories on the LB, you still get banners don't you? Why complain? You can compete with other sorcs..
    Credits to Iady

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If they are using LBs as an indication of skill/balance, it's invalid evidence, there are other factors involved, for example, rogues have more kills because they are a pure single target class (sp, aim, nox). Mages have been given buffs on gale to give them the extra dash, one of the reasons mages are behind on flags is because warriors and rogues got way too many flags pre-buff (when mages were so slow) so they cannot catch up now. New flagging system is ideally for tanks.

As for the top 25 single class categories on the LB, you still get banners don't you? Why complain? You can compete with other sorcs..
    Mages have been historically underpowered. You can go back to the very first posts of this message board and its the same complaints. And there was a HUGE resistance to give mages dash forward. We had dash backwards which was absolutely useless. No one class has been messed up more and had more changes then mages. Sorry when I start seeing in 5v5 CTF clashes at the end of a match that mages have the most kills, you got no legs to stand on. If we have AOE & Crowd control then we should own 5v5 clashes but we don't. So start producing screen shots where mages get the most kills in 5v5 CTF then we can talk.

As for flagging, it is what it is. If you want people to play real CTF then these changes need to be made. But they should also make more team oriented with other stats like flag assists & flag returns. But STS takes the approach like you broke your leg and you go see your doctor and he gives you an aspirin and doesn't fix your leg tells you to go home because Rome wasn't build in a day.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Mages have been historically underpowered. You can go back to the very first posts of this message board and its the same complaints. And there was a HUGE resistance to give mages dash forward. We had dash backwards which was absolutely useless. No one class has been messed up more and had more changes then mages. Sorry when I start seeing in 5v5 CTF clashes at the end of a match that mages have the most kills, you got no legs to stand on. If we have AOE & Crowd control then we should own 5v5 clashes but we don't. So start producing screen shots where mages get the most kills in 5v5 CTF then we can talk.

As for flagging, it is what it is. If you want people to play real CTF then these changes need to be made. But they should also make more team oriented with other stats like flag assists & flag returns. But STS takes the approach like you broke your leg and you go see your doctor and he gives you an aspirin and doesn't fix your leg tells you to go home because Rome wasn't build in a day.
    Mages were pretty op when pvp first started just saying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1627676

you just proved my point, mages were historically underpowered and even if they are buffed with more survivability now it would be hard for them to catch up to the other class's LBs.
    Credits to Iady