Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Elite Dungeons...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I'm against anything but letting someone that has dc to reconnect with party. I am Still wondering why anyone thinks there is even a problem with the elites to start with except the dc, but opening elite maps to random joins seems like a mistake that has already been made in the pvp maps. It will be abused and you will have no one wanting to go into the zones bc of it. Out of fairness to everyone who spends there time, which is extremely more than the pots or elixirs in the elite maps, the areas should remain all timed only and no random invites or joins. If dc is the problem then find a way to fix it without jeopardizing the whole system which is not flawed as of yet. I've invested in the game and I hope that you will take time time to really evaluate this before letting the beggars and scammers of Kragg to infest something like the elite maps with random joins , and standing back and watching others kill while they " supposedly" have lag problems anyway. There is a reason we play endgame and these elites are it, so I beg that you don't take that away from us by allowing others to take advantage of us and the elite maps that we learn and strive to perfect. Sorry for the soap box, thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    I'm against anything but letting someone that has dc to reconnect with party. I am Still wondering why anyone thinks there is even a problem with the elites to start with except the dc, but opening elite maps to random joins seems like a mistake that has already been made in the pvp maps. It will be abused and you will have no one wanting to go into the zones bc of it. Out of fairness to everyone who spends there time, which is extremely more than the pots or elixirs in the elite maps, the areas should remain all timed only and no random invites or joins. If dc is the problem then find a way to fix it without jeopardizing the whole system which is not flawed as of yet. I've invested in the game and I hope that you will take time time to really evaluate this before letting the beggars and scammers of Kragg to infest something like the elite maps with random joins , and standing back and watching others kill while they " supposedly" have lag problems anyway. There is a reason we play endgame and these elites are it, so I beg that you don't take that away from us by allowing others to take advantage of us and the elite maps that we learn and strive to perfect. Sorry for the soap box, thanks
    It should be done in similar way as normal maps - create party before entering the map. No one will be able to take free ride to the boss. But in the other hand, if you feel like it, take your chances with a pug. I know I will - every run is a different and you need to adapt to other players playstyle and skills. That makes it fun. (Yeah, I know, it is not always that fun )

I personally vote for option #1. If you are going to do it - do it the proper way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Great Ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Right now you can hardly get a pug run. I haven't tried to a lot but I have several times. It doesn't happen. You join a pug, someone rage quits, the whole run is ruined. If someone new could join then pugs would be feasible. There is no more worry that if someone leaves its over. Just wait for a new person to join. I really like this idea. I have previously made a couple of recommendations on how to avoid many exploits. You can never cover all of them but if my suggestions fix all the best and easiest ones. Candy has listed some exploits that you really couldn't fix. However these seem like a lot of work. If people want to go through the hassle of doing them then they deserve the rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

One Idea based on a few good posts.

At the start of the map before timer starts theres an NPC.

This NPC gives you a token.

Timer starts the NPC disappears.

If you leave map the token disappears from your inventory after 5 mins (this is to allow a DC player back).

Timer goes if you get a new player in although I think if on a timed run and someone has ping high enough to DC its not gonna get on the leader board.

After boss is killed NPC reappears and you can exchange your token for chance at elite loot (think klaas but with a chance at the good stuff).

Boss still drops non elite loot.

On the cost of running its pots, please let us craft and trade HP/Mana pots. I know I can make gems then sell the gems to buy pots but as the crafting system seems to have been rather anorexic for a while now it would make it useful. Say 3 of each gem for 100 HP pots/ 2 of each for mana.
    Last edited by Foebegone; 05-08-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Additional info on costs added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    to the point about it being expensive to run elites, what is the MOST expensive aspect of running an elite that makes it unfruitful for you? My initial thought is potions, and nowadays potentially elixir kits from the consignment shop.
    letting us farm and stash potions is a start...in elites..you need way more then 25..but on off days, gives players to save up for elites....so we can save money for other things..like armors and weapons...maybe a nice pet
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    They need to make some super rare items we can farm from the elite bosses. Vanity + the next tier of gear, and bump up the difficulty of the maps. It will weed out people being able to farm them so hard.

And just saying, a new set of tombs will relieve these maps from being over-farmed!!!
    They do make super rare items: Mythic and Arcane. They come from elite golden chests, which can be farmed. But people always complain that the chance is too low to get these items from elite golden chests. So basically they are "too rare" for anyone to be interested in farming them.

I hear that you want super rare items that can be farmed, but others seem to lose interest in farming super rare items. I guess maybe what they don't like is that there is a double rarity in that it's rare to get the elite chest, and then you also have to make the decision whether or not to open it. So most players don't open them and sell them instead.

Back in season 1, you could not sell elite chests. So we all opened them. I suppose that made it a bit more fun as there was no decision to be made.

A while ago I made a suggestion for a new tombs dungeon that had a super rare drop called an "elite locked crate" that would always give a mythic or an arcane item. Perhaps they need to implement something like this. It could be a plat earner as well, as you could easily charge 100+ plat to open it. And if someone loots one and does not have plat, they can sell it for huge amounts of gold.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Ener yeah. You had a good idea with the tombs and the elite locked. Still doesn't fix the cluster of elites we have now. Where is the next staggered release of mag though? Isn't there supposed to be better ones coming?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I certainly hope that they are better....for Rogues and Sorcs at least. It's kind of ridiculous that the best gear is still upgraded mythics from the Nordr expansion.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Personally I think the most expensive part of elites is the time investment vs the reward. I'm less likely to run something for 20-50min to get a green item than I am to run something for 3min... to get a green item...

Though obviously I'm crazy because I don't mind with the right people.

And btw, shouldn't elite tindirin bosses drop a tooth 100% of the time? At least then my greens and purples have friends...

Star light, star bright...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I would also prefer the second Option but with a change that many have already suggested. If someone leaves the map or disconnects in the middle of the run then it should be possible for someone else to join only through invites. This will prevent the opportunists who are continuously changing maps to find one which is already half way through.
    The first Option is also good but since it would take a longer time to roll out i would prefer something that could be brought into effect as soon as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Lol Fyrce. The boss most stingy with teeth is elite rendtail too. He at the least should spit out teeth every kill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Let the DC player back in if he's in the party. If you can do that then problem many are having is solved. Casual players should be okay with this as you don't need to be running elite without a reliable party.

For me, I use WAY more potions in normal maps than I do in elite (we have some really good tanks :-) ). As a mage I don't have much time to pot if I grab sime aggro, it's bang - dead.

As mentioned above, the cost is time for me - 15-25 minutes with combo lix only to roll a green is tough on the wallet after 5-6 runs. Also, I will say that though sometimes my ping gets high, I have never DC from an elite run.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think that the only things that need "fixing" for elites is for dc players in a party to be let back in. I have a friend who always seems to dc on the boss which sucks. I do solo elites sometimes so I would be really upset if people could zone in n out of my map. Loot distribution and types of loot also need to be addressed as I think this also is a reason people don't do them.

As mentioned before people are not gonna waste time, pots or elix running elites when they dont have a good party or even sometimes when they do. They will go and farm locked crates. And I think this is also a problem.
    Locked crates can give us everything we want in one way or another so why bother doing anything else? The real life super rich can just come on and throw money at them drop something nice. Job done log off. People like me who like to farm n sell can spend all day doing km3 or Jarl on a good day drop plenty. Job done log off.

I appreciate that you guys need to make money and these are a good earner but all the time we have locked crates as they are nothing you do to elites will change anything. Which is bad because quite frankly I'm not sure I can stomach another season in km3 and I'm seriously thinking of quitting the game. A lot of my friends already have.

I know a lot of people are waiting for new mythics and these have been hinted at, maybe one of the items say weapons could go into elite golden chests ONLY?
    Or even on to a map as a super rare drop. I like energizerics idea of an elite mythic dungeon too.

I know you guys love the game and work really hard to make it good for us, but I really believe that unless you find a way to eliminate the locked problem that suits both us and you will just be wasting your time and a lot of other people not just me will get bored. Which is sad because I'd really love there to be something here for me to stay for.
    IGN Rogue: Parisstilton

18. The Following User Says Thank You to R1Caz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

This idea works great although I think it would be best if only the player that dc could reenter. I would not want randoms joining and leeching.

I'm mainly thinking of how good this is cause of a guildmate who constantly disconnects and doing elites with them is very tough. If they could rejoin it would be great.

I don't see a point in making a hard made with the crappier elite gear since no one wants to buy it anyway. Only the best stuff actually sells. The rest just keeps getting relisted lower and lower. And even the best sets aren't selling well due to the mythic being better and cheaper.

It won't help those people make any gold and just add more work to the sts team. I'd rather them use their time for more events than trying to fix something that will never make more gold overall than farming locked on easy stages.

Even with locked prices being so low I would make more gold in a month farming easy stages than farming elite maps and that's remained the same since I started playing in season 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Though option 1 may be harder to implement, it is preferred by me.

Many you get people play this game and option 1 would be the easiest for them to understand. I really don't want to see the spammed rage threads from people who misunderstood how option 2 worked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Am I missing something about option 2? I presumed its how normal maps work now but the timer stops if someone leaves...

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

what happened to this ? are they going to do it ? or not ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasaria View Post
    what happened to this ? are they going to do it ? or not ?
    Come on,don't necro threads,it's very annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Option three, add a button called time run that enables timed run start when ur in the map, which can only be accessible if no npc has been aggressive
    Ingame name: Invasions