Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level 41 Mythic Weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    @Falmear
    If you don't believe it's better, can I ask why you are selling your arcane staff? If it's for reasons to save money and buy back cheaper, then I understand.
    I'm selling my exceptional arcane staff so I can buy a clean/non-exceptional gemmed staff and putting the difference towards buying the mythic gun if its worth it. Arcane staff will be useful for certain timed runs so I'll need one regardless and I can spend the rest of the season trying to get exceptional gems. There is no way to know how good or bad one is versus the another. People can read whatever they want into me selling. But ultimately the mythic gun has to stand on its own based on real stats and how the proc works. Not what people say in the forums week(s) before its released. Somethings there is no way to know because the details aren't disclosed and these things can make or break a weapon. So this is more of me holding STS's feet to the fire so they don't disappoint on the mythic gun like they did on the arcane staff.

3) I never said armor reduction stacks. Infact, it doesn't stack.
    I misread this and when I went back and re-read what you saying, so I understand what you mean. Assuming you have one rogue in your party aimed shot is 15% armor reduction, so when this procs we are talking an extra 9% for 4 seconds against the same target. The question for me is this an AOE armor reduction or single target.

Reading some words off a piece of paper doesn't convince me of anything until I see it in action and can test it for myself. Why do you think car dealerships allow you to take cars on a test drive? We already went through tons of forum rage over Whim, Arcane Staff & Singe. And going back and fixing this stuff is a major uphill challenge. So I try not to read too much into what is said before items are released and we know the stats and I have had a chance to test it. Back when mythic staff was released, I brought up an issue where there was no real way to take advantage of the .5 second crit bonus. Yet nothing was ever done on that. So you can see by these examples why I am more conservative on my analysis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You never quoted anybody in particular, so I was not sure who you were referring to as the armor debuff question came up a few times in the thread. Since you referred to my post (by sticking with Falmear's opinion) I thought you were referring to me. If that was not the case, please quote the person so ambiguity doesn't arise. Thanks!

Crawly roots and as a result, disables auto aim. However, it does not work if you just stunned with a bow stun. Try it.
    I don't own crawly, but did test him extensively before the PVP Legend of the Week event. However, since there would be no benefit to snaring a stunned person, that isn't something I would think to test. However, if a proc is involved, it might cause oddities if there is some conflict between stun and "root". Also, how will it work with panic? There's so many implications with it that it's impossible to say.

There's really no way to know how this will function until the gear is released and we can test it in practice. So many things look one way on paper but act unlike we would expect. I don't like speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    lol crawly snares? seriously from serancha? lmao. How about root, you mean root = stun so it doesnt let you charge skills, shoot arrows, deploy healing packs ????
    I don't understand what you are asking and/or laughing about. Root and stun are totally different things, and even if the dev statement below doesn't affect pets, the fact is the same, you can still do everything under the Crawley AA except walk. The only problem when rooted or snared is that auto aim is not 100% (It does, however, work about 75% of the time.). (PS: This kind of post is why I never make statements I can't back up)

1) As per the devs when PVP was introduced: Skills won't function the same as they do in a PvE map. For example, all roots become snares.

2) As per the Terminology Guide:

Root - Rooting a Mob holds it in place - it cannot move if it's been rooted. Handy for solo kiting mages and crowd control.

Snare - Snaring a Mob makes it slower - slightly less effective than root, however still an effective means of kiting and crowd control.

Stun -
    A Stunned Mob does not move, nor can they attack or cast spells - a highly effective method of crowd control, although typically effects don't last as long as Root or Snare.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-10-2014 at 01:54 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I actually don't have anything agaisnt the gun for mages cause i think they deserve it and maybe will be able to maintain more range during fights increasing their survivability cause lets be onest mages are easy preys for the other 2 classes right now.

What i am having problem with is the bow, i know rogues will own everyone henceforth because when you higher a rogues damages differently from the other 2 classes its not just for stats show in town it really hurts and holds value in pvp add to that rogues can kit and everyone is good gamed.

That sword and sheild better be darn guild devs :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    What i am having problem with is the bow, i know rogues will own everyone henceforth because when you higher a rogues damages differently from the other 2 classes its not just for stats show in town it really hurts and holds value in pvp add to that rogues can kit and everyone is good gamed.
    Truth. If rogues can OHKO other rogues with an Expedition Bow, imagine with a mythic bow. Hallelujah.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I don't own crawly, but did test him extensively before the PVP Legend of the Week event. However, since there would be no benefit to snaring a stunned person, that isn't something I would think to test. However, if a proc is involved, it might cause oddities if there is some conflict between stun and "root". Also, how will it work with panic? There's so many implications with it that it's impossible to say.

There's really no way to know how this will function until the gear is released and we can test it in practice. So many things look one way on paper but act unlike we would expect. I don't like speculating.

I don't understand what you are asking and/or laughing about. Root and stun are totally different things, and even if the dev statement below doesn't affect pets, the fact is the same, you can still do everything under the Crawley AA except walk. The only problem when rooted or snared is that auto aim is not 100% (It does, however, work about 75% of the time.). (PS: This kind of post is why I never make statements I can't back up)

1) As per the devs when PVP was introduced: Skills won't function the same as they do in a PvE map. For example, all roots become snares.

Root - Rooting a Mob holds it in place - it cannot move if it's been rooted. Handy for solo kiting mages and crowd control.

Snare - Snaring a Mob makes it slower - slightly less effective than root, however still an effective means of kiting and crowd control.

Stun -
    A Stunned Mob does not move, nor can they attack or cast spells - a highly effective method of crowd control, although typically effects don't last as long as Root or Snare.
    Crawly does root in pvp, its a pet, not a skill.

Thats why so famous on twink lvls, and same unfair on rogue v rogue fights like ribbit.
    Last edited by Haligali; 05-10-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Truth. If rogues can OHKO other rogues with an Expedition Bow, imagine with a mythic bow. Hallelujah.
    I wish STG would listen to some of the advice I had to offer on weapons and do the amulets first, haha.

@Falmear
    Thanks for your reasoning, it makes sense.

@Sera
    While that may be, crawly does in fact root and does not apply to the developer's first statements. Just like the maul proc! Anyways, regardless, the point was made about crawly. I'm curious to know if they would use crawly logic for the gun's root proc as well or logic from your post. Either of the two would be relatively bad. The proc is neither a skill nor a pet, so this should be interesting. Nevertheless, I think that mages deserve the root!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Stun -
    What I mean is, when you use crawly's AA it makes you not able to move, not just a heavy slow. I know "root becomes snare" but this is different, that you cant move and still can attack. Snare = move slower but can still attack, root = cant move but can still attack, isnt it stated in your post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    What I mean is, when you use crawly's AA it makes you not able to move, not just a heavy slow. I know "root becomes snare" but this is different, that you cant move and still can attack. Snare = move slower but can still attack, root = cant move but can still attack, isnt it stated in your post?
    Yes, whether it is technically a root or a snare, the result is the same. It is not a stun, because you can still fight, you just have trouble moving.

It's possible the "root becomes snare" rule only affects player skills and not pets, or else Crawly is an exception to the rule. However, it's still not a stun which people were saying it was. That was the point.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Can i also add it is already difficult to kill a rogue with just 4 skills?

With a sheild and sword which prevalently is a tanking weapon how am i expected to do enough damage to a rogue who is kitting critting and now hitting harder than ever before?
    Devs are pratically putting wars in a position that makes them kill slower a class they could hardly kill at a faster rate earlier.
    While i see mages having better odds with wars and this is a good thing unfortunately i also see rogues standing on the top of the food chain farming us all.

That sword and sheild better darn good devs :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Can i also add it is already difficult to kill a rogue with just 4 skills?

With a sheild and sword which prevalently is a tanking weapon how am i expected to do enough damage to a rogue who is kitting critting and now hitting harder than ever before?
    Devs are pratically putting wars in a position that makes them kill slower a class they could hardly kill at a faster rate earlier.
    While i see mages having better odds with wars and this is a good thing unfortunately i also see rogues standing on the top of the food chain farming us all.

That sword and sheild better darn good devs :/
    When lvl 31 mythics were introduced, what did warriors do? some use pavise but most of them prefer damage so they used devourer maul and entombed hammer while other classes use mythic bow and guns, and warriors still rocks in clashes. If you want damage, use glaive/magmatic claymore/arcane maul, OK?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

While that may be, crawly does in fact root and does not apply to the developer's first statements. Just like the maul proc! Anyways, regardless, the point was made about crawly. I'm curious to know if they would use crawly logic for the gun's root proc as well or logic from your post. Either of the two would be relatively bad. The proc is neither a skill nor a pet, so this should be interesting. Nevertheless, I think that mages deserve the root!
    *Breaking news*

Root from mage gun proc does not work in PvP.

*Kills myself*

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Actually most used arcane maul to cope with bow...

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T mit Tapatalk

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

So we throw away old mythics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    In the case of mages, yes, in the case of the other 2 classes i wouldnt hurry to throw away anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

No new armor and helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

And is there coming a contest or smthn like that which gives free myth weap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Sold my weeks ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    No new armor and helm?
    I'd expect those next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Stun -
    When crawly "roots" me I cannot use skills. I consider it a stun skill with different animation. The stun skills like this come with several names such as stun, terrify, panic, and now root.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Again everyone's worried about mages and rogues lol...watch how more important warriors will be in clashes than mages. When your fighting another guild in PvP let's be honest are you typing /g warrior join or /g Mage join? Without shields mages will die fast so you don't need to worry about the gun proc .. Rogues bow will make them immune to samaels aa and most of the mages stun skills think about that.. I really hope STS increases the Mage proc to heal or add some sort of forest armor like scorch's aa so we don't die so fast.. help the Mage class before we become useless

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post: