Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Seriously not fun anymore.

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Under no circumstances should anyone ever handover any account information, ever. Shortbus please don't ask again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

lols at cat of courage!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Under no circumstances should anyone ever handover any account information, ever. Shortbus please don't ask again.
    yer you tell him Justg! *sucks up to dev* (o^-^o)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While slowly grinding to level 35 here I feel I have to toss in my 2 cents.

Overall I kinda agree with the OP, in that the latest expansion pack and its difficulty tuning has resulted in it becoming a bit 'less fun'. I can see the tradeoffs – for one the slower level and item grinding means more hours of gameplay, and more dangerous enemies can make for more challenging gameplay and thus arguably more fun. But the best way I can describe it, in a way that hopefully a fair amount of you gamers can relate to, is that this latest expansion has shifted things more towards WoW, and away from Diablo. In Diablo, things explode and huge groups of enemies get slaughtered left and right. So do you as players. But if you're in a tight group, you are rampaging through the dungeon feeling supremely powerful and kicking butt. I would happily take things being more tuned like that, even if it meant tuning loot drops lower to compensate, and even upping the grinding time.

To me, this kind of game is inherently repetitive, but I would like to be having a blast minute by minute as I am repetitively grinding rather than slowly picking off one mob by mob in the swamps. (Am I supposed to feel that I'm chipping away at a rock with a fork with common mobs as a glass cannon DPS level 33 archer with the best level 30 pink bow? I get that my archer isn't maxed out, but it feels like elite mobs in WoW, which I hate :P That's fine and all for playing six hours at a time in front of the computer, but not for Pocket Legends little bit sized mobile chunks imo.)

Developers, don't worry – you haven't lost me or anything yet. I'm looking forward to the PVP and at the rate of your support/patches I know my voice will at least be heard and discussed/thought over, if not implemented, so I will definitely stick around, and plan on hitting 35 to PVP with my archer. But I feel like things are being a bit rushed now for the sake of providing something to do for the hardcore community twiddling their thumbs at the level cap. In that sense I am really looking forward to PVP, so that can provide a suitable distraction for 'us' to last us for a while, and let you (the developers) focus on more fun things.
    Last edited by pyro; 05-15-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Snick lvl 35 dps archer (Alterra)
    Athena lvl 30 aoe enchantress (Alterra)
    Bryck lvl 29 warrior tank (Alterra)
    Bankers lvl 1 trading mule (Alterra)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    While slowly grinding to level 35 here I feel I have to toss in my 2 cents.
    if it is a penny for your thoughts, why do we always offer 2 cents?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarii View Post
    if it is a penny for your thoughts, why do we always offer 2 cents?
    Inflation.
    Snick lvl 35 dps archer (Alterra)
    Athena lvl 30 aoe enchantress (Alterra)
    Bryck lvl 29 warrior tank (Alterra)
    Bankers lvl 1 trading mule (Alterra)