Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arcane Ring too OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amelana View Post
    In any case this ring remains so op .. unfortunately so if I kill an Arcane Ring user ... I would put it on pure luck...

(mean 1v1)
    Not only luck, but skills at duel
    Rogue is all about where you move and timing your aimed shot right hihhi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    Not only luck, but skills at duel
    Rogue is all about where you move and timing your aimed shot right hihhi
    And pray you crit... (LUCK)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    arcane ring should be OP as it cost 100mil+.
    also this is lvl41 arcane.
    u r saying as if when u enter u only see a group full of arcane ring users everytime.

those that are using arcane ring has spent lot dollars and those arcane rings users tht are skilled has spent alot of time+dollars.

its fair i say.
    The price of the arcane ring has nothing to do with its OP.
    The price of the arcane ring was manipulated and we are probably paying way more than we should :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The arcane ring is not OP. The difference is this large because of the enormous gap between a lvl31 mythic ring to a lvl41 arcane one - let's count together.

Mythic - top for two seasons (including its release season). So lvl31 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl36.
    Arcane - top for three seasons (including its release season). So lvl41 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl51.

So is Rendtail's ring overpowered more than its arcane rarity suggests? No.
    Is the PvP part of the game pay2win? Hell yeah.
    I think this whole "mythic top for 2 seasons, arcane top for 3" is messed up with upgrades and release of new mythics. Some Lvl26-31 mythics still top(helm, armor, amulet) but lvl26 arcane hooks outdated at lvl31, mythic lvl31 warrior and lvl36 mage weapon was never top due to their arcane counterparts. Etc.
    Last edited by Haligali; 05-12-2014 at 08:01 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I'll be honest. People with no skill and arcane ring can be killed for sure. Pros like Parf with arcane ring cannot be killed (unless you crit 4k ). Ring costs 100m approx right now..and i think anyone who buys it at that price deserves to have "some" advantage. Decreasing crit would be better than nerfing the ring. Without the crit, ring user will only hit like 2-2.5k, which is managable if u pack fast.
    Rogue vs Rogue is really no skill at all. The person who crits and uses the combo wins. The match starts and the rogues pack. 3 on both sides. and BAM!, the match ends. Still 3 Packs on both sides....wtf is this? really not a skill match..but a gear match.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Endkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I just got 1 shot killed by an arcane ring and you all have the nerve to say it's not op...4k crits will 1 shot any full myth rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

its true. its often very OP, but i took down an arcane ring rogue the other day more than 10 times, dying only once or twice myself. I'm a mythic rogue, with legendary bow and no arcane pet.

the ring on a tank (or on a rogue using it well) is ridiculous though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

May I ask what is so wrong with it being OP? like I always said before, arcanes were suposed to be OP. Only item people dont think is OP is kershal scepter. Dont bring hooks here because it was OP for its level, and now its OP for twink.
    And pls tell me why are you guys complaining? To make it nerfed so legendary user (AKA 1k gold user) can kill arcane user (AKA 100m> gold user) who also had other maxed out items? Dont you think its kinda ridiculous?
    this thread is crap tbh.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 05-12-2014 at 07:45 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I geared down my pet (matched yours) to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.

Xeno is slightly exaggerating though. Yes, a legendary rogue user stands no chance. That is a sign for him to go farm and get your mythic gears. You are fighting a rarity that is two level rarities above you so what did you expect the outcome would be? However, a traditional full mythic + samael user does stand a chance. He just has to make sure he crits, which in a rogue vs rogue is not that hard. Damage is so high this cap, it does not matter all that much if you're a ring or non-ring (but full mythic) user. The ring only gives you a higher chance to one hit, but the possibility to do the same with full mythics is not that much less.
    Parth and Sceazikua are CORRECT... for something as hard as this is to obtain... it had better be OP plain and simple and yes that means very few will have it and that means everyone isn't going to be running around with one.

The ring is exactly the way it should be period. This post is ridiculous like Sceaz said. Just like in life there will always be the haves and have not's and the have not's are always going to want what the haves have ;^}
    Last edited by notfaded1; 05-12-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

At the end if the day, it us still an arcane item. There will be just as many mauls/kershals as rings come the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge:1635586
    I just got 1 shot killed by an arcane ring and you all have the nerve to say it's not op...4k crits will 1 shot any full myth rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pleurer kid, pleurer
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The arcane ring is not OP. The difference is this large because of the enormous gap between a lvl31 mythic ring to a lvl41 arcane one - let's count together.

Mythic - top for two seasons (including its release season). So lvl31 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl36.
    Arcane - top for three seasons (including its release season). So lvl41 ring theoretically stops being top at lvl51.

So is Rendtail's ring overpowered more than its arcane rarity suggests? No.
    Is the PvP part of the game pay2win? Hell yeah.
    I understand your point of view and agree...but the truth is that, for now, arcane ring users have big advantage, maybe new mythic weapons will change all this..i hope so! But on level 51, probably, everyone here will say arcane ring isnt that OP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Us smurfs are still struggling to kill warriors using magmatic T.T we are even squishy with arcane ring.
    But if found that we use the new magma armor,I think I use magma of security?,I'm get much better results vs a warrior.I wish gale didn't put +25%speed with the "WOOOOOOOSH" upgrade.I would love to use the 50% armor with the speed boost but without the sling shot =p almost 2k armor + speed would be nice to use(I just really dislike the sling shot )
    ..yes bro, when warrior uses jugger, even using magmatic and no arcane items or pets, its impossible for mage to kill him (even with mage using sam and all top gear including arcane ring)..your shield disappears and we still have jugg on and horn waiting..not balanced at all! =/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The simple truth is that in 1v1, gear generally outclasses skill. However, in a group clash, skill often determines the winner. Yeah, I know all the Samaels and Maulers seem OP, but they can be beaten by good team.

The Ring is OP - I can't deny that, but is it so OP that in a group clash, they can't be killed? No. However, if you have a Legendary team facing Arcane/Mythics, well, that probably won't end well.

What nobody wants to say is that, as important as skill may be, gear provides the advantage. Gear is what makes a noob a genuine threat in PvP. Gear makes a very skilled player seem invincible. I've killed plenty of Ring noobs by using terrain, other players and stuns to win. Annoying tactics like shielding with Truell in TDM can give you exactly the advantage you need to level the playing field, but only if you know how to do it. You simply can't say 3, 2, 1, go and expect to win.

Actually, my biggest issue is that the current crop of Legendary gear is so pitiful (for Rogues and Sorcs especially), that Legendary gear from several seasons ago are still so much better! I was trying to figure out what the best blend of offensive and defensive gear was for running elite, and I kept coming back to upgraded Mythics, Fangmaster Ring of Warfare (though I admit I also use an Archon of Potency lv41 most of the time) and Tarlok Heart of Potency. This means that the best amulet is an event item from last season, a ring from Kraken, and upgraded Mythics from the Nordr expansion. Right now, the best bow is a junk crate bow (Expedition Recurve of Potency). So, why is it that this seasons gear is so useless? Why is it that even if I have a considerable amount of gold available to invest, I'm still looking at gear one, two or three seasons old?

Sure, gear staggering may be to blame, but gear progression should imply that this seasons elite legendary items should be better than something from one or two seasons ago. The problem, in truth, is that current Legendaries are not scaling well. And, if the elite legendaries aren't competitive, then what value does it have in auction? This means that it is more fruitful to farm locked crates than it is to run elites to generate income, and THAT is a pitiful realization.
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 05-12-2014 at 10:59 AM.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Guys, just think when maul came out on level 31..imo was way more OP for warriors, than arcane ring is nowadays! Just a matter of time, till new mythics come..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The problem is how the equipment has been staggered this season and how this itemization is working. Arcane is only good relative to other equipment. Right now we are all using the same gear for more or less 8-9 months. The complaint isn't that the Arcane ring is too OP, but how itemization is being implemented.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I honestly don't know why you crying every one knows what the hell game is arcane legends yes pay to win so pay or play for free without cry or leave like the recension SAY

I really feel bad for the people playing
    spacetime games. The company is basically one
    of the worst out there, can't even see why
    people give them awards. The games are far
    from being free, which is fine as a game
    developer has to earn money like any other
    worker. However their games not only are fully
    centered on milking money from the player, but
    there's also a completely unexistant care for the
    playerbase, as they make new games every year
    literally abandoning the previous ones. A game
    like pocket legends that is supposed to be a
    "mmo" has had its development dropped after
    not even 3 years, that's a joke for someone who
    supposedly makes mmo, and an insult to all the
    people who invested in the game buying loads
    of platinum. Of course AL will have same faith,
    and all the company does is censoring their own
    forums to avoid complaints. Stay away from
    them, there's way better gaming companies
    with better mmos out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The problem is how the equipment has been staggered this season and how this itemization is working. Arcane is only good relative to other equipment. Right now we are all using the same gear for more or less 8-9 months. The complaint isn't that the Arcane ring is too OP, but how itemization is being implemented.
    Exactly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Humans are competitive and "sore" losers.

This is an MMORPG type of game where STATS win with a little bit of "SKILL" (not really skill, it's just timing and order of attacks with a simple push of five buttons; there is no technical execution) and you want to "cry" because an "Arcane" ring owns you for free? Yes, stats don't always win, you need a little bit of strategy but the only time players win against "top geared" players is because they are terrible at the game and don't know what they are doing. However, you fight against a player who knows what they are doing just like yourself and wears "top gear", you will get "farmed".

There are games that provide a "true" way to compete against other players where "skill" (your own execution, strategy and knowledge) win, not the gear you wear e.g. beat em' ups, first person shooters, real time strategy and racing games (there are more but to list the top four).

People who "whine" about PVP on an "MMORPG" I believe, are really terrible at technical execution, lack "skill" and this type of game is suited for them because, what is so hard about mashing some buttons to kill mobs, level up, become stronger and over time obtain "better" gear to kill less geared players? Oh, so much skill...look at me pushing/holding down buttons, ohh whoopee I leveled up, looted *name strong gear*, mash buttons, killed noobs, feels so awesome! I'm Pro!

If the problem is you play this "type" of game and are one of those "players", then stop crying because this is an MMO and competing/winning in this "game" requires the best "stats". So "play" the game and obtain the "best" gear; go buy platinum, open locks, speed up crafting; get grand gems, use elixirs, use pet stun etc. Do everything you can to win and if you don't or refuse to, then shut your mouth, get farmed and keep crying.

As for Parf /Zeus getting owned, well it just shows him winning is "solely" reliant on "stats" not on "skill". Perhaps the ring has made him lazy or it is so powerful that "skill" is not required to win at all; like he has 999999 life/damage and all he has to do to win is push one button. All these threads about PVP and gear is pointless. If you are one of those "players", you are delusional, this game does not provide "true" PVP, it's an MMORPG.
    Last edited by Allocate; 05-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Hi, this is my signature:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allocate View Post
    Humans are competitive and "sore" losers.

This is an MMORPG type of game where STATS win with a little bit of "SKILL" (not really skill, it's just timing and order of attacks with a simple push of five buttons; there is no technical execution) and you want to "cry" because an "Arcane" ring owns you for free? Yes, stats don't always win, you need a little bit of strategy but the only time players win against "top geared" players is because they are terrible at the game and don't know what they are doing. However, you fight against a player who knows what they are doing just like yourself and wears "top gear", you will get "farmed".

There are games that provide a "true" way to compete against other players where "skill" (your own execution, strategy and knowledge) win, not the gear you wear e.g. beat em' ups, first person shooters, real time strategy and racing games (there are more but to list the top four).

People who "whine" about PVP on an "MMORPG" I believe, are really terrible at technical execution, lack "skill" and this type of game is suited for them because, what is so hard about mashing some buttons to kill mobs, level up, become stronger and over time obtain "better" gear to kill less geared players? Oh, so much skill...look at me pushing/holding down buttons, ohh whoopee I leveled up, looted *name strong gear*, mash buttons, killed noobs, feels so awesome! I'm Pro!

If the problem is you play this "type" of game and are one of those "players", then stop crying because this is an MMO and competing/winning in this "game" requires the best "stats". So "play" the game and obtain the "best" gear; go buy platinum, open locks, speed up crafting; get grand gems, use elixirs, use pet stun etc. Do everything you can to win and if you don't or refuse to, then shut your mouth, get farmed and keep crying.

As for Parf /Zeus getting owned, well it just shows him winning is "solely" reliant on "stats" not on "skill". Perhaps the ring has made him lazy or it is so powerful that "skill" is not required to win at all; like he has 999999 life/damage and all he has to do to win is push one button All these threads about PVP and gear is pointless. If you are one of those "players", you are delusional, this game does not provide "true" PVP, it's an MMORPG.
    Whoa whoa whoa, owned? Sorry, he killed me once. He can tell you the outcome of those matches when I matched his gear. However, you are right about one thing. Being overly geared does make you lazy and forget strategies. Against a lot of tanks, I can break their juggernaut if I employ lazy man's strategy. Why do that instead of the correct method? The correct method requires more time for the kill.

On the other hand, when matched up against equals in terms of gear, that is when PvP becomes fun. Then, it is not a battle of gears but a battle of strategy which is why I really enjoy guild clashes. Have you checked out my YouTube channel?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: