Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Not sure if this makes any sense, but I'm even more bored now =[

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Not done by a long shot, but Oasis represents the Far East Coast of Alterra. It is where the high-level content is located.

We'll continue to update the game, add content and systems, but the land will be what we call Alterra-Complete.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Not done by a long shot, but Oasis represents the Far East Coast of Alterra. It is where the high-level content is located.

We'll continue to update the game, add content and systems, but the land will be what we call Alterra-Complete.
    But it sounds like lvl 50 is staying the cap and the world won't be getting any bigger. Is that what you're saying?
    That actually doesn't sound so bad -- I would much rather have other things to do than level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Smile

We listen to you... your feedback is very important. It affects what we do on a daily basis.

We're always going to want to do what is best for the overall health of the game.

We're still working on Pocket Legends. The last towne (Oasis) is underway and we are working on some systems to make the end-game more meaningful.

We appreciate your patience as we complete what we started in April 2010.

If you are bored, take a break. Come back later.

Even if it is just to tell us how we're still screwing up the game
    Woah, woah, WOAH.

WOAH.

I thought campaigns have been planned to level 100? Or are they still planned and just not receiving the towne treatment?

DIT-TO-THA-E: Just read your post, G.

Edit dos: Okay, still a bit confused. Will 50 be the cap?
    Last edited by Banned; 01-11-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This update got me and a few old friends back playing in AO3, even if its for a few good hours. Good structure and concept of teamwork required to finish. Nostalgic feeling of the good co-op days..

This game is not just about earning millions of gold for self-benefit or boasting how rich/powerful/pro you are, be it in game or forums. If you play PL because of this only, then you have ultimately failed.

If you are bored, perhaps you should invest time in helping out new players to bring up the community. I am pretty sure thousands of players who tried this game quit cause they do not know how to play/advance. Its a good thing end game items are cheap, so its easily affordable by new lower level players, who may now have the motivation to play their way up to wear the few level 50 high-end pinks in their inventory.
    Last edited by Orei; 01-11-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    IGNs | Orei (Elf) - Lvl 50 Mage/Paladin | Oreio (Ursan) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreides (Avian) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreii (Elf) - Lvl 47 Mage | Oreiz - Lvl 20 Storage Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Refried & Lesrider,

Is this your first MMO? I've played with the two of you and you are both good players, but this is just the way MMOs are. It has happened to WoW on a larger scale (Casual Player = Money). WoW used to be very hard back when 40 man raids just came out, up until AQ40 where less than 5% got to see NAXX 40 and AQ40 end bosses. Cthun was the hardest boss I have ever fought. We wiped for so many hours. It was so hard when we first started, it was literally impossible! lol. But if you ask people who play WoW, not many have played that fight because there was no chance that a casual player could ever get there. So the devs made WoW easy and till today, many years later, they are still making bank. At one time, gold in WoW was hard to make and epic mounts were special, but now gold is worth almost nothing because it is so easy to obtain. Pocket Legends is is a good, short instance, mini MMO. It is for the casual player. Just like you, I have more gold than I can spend on PL, but this is how every MMO becomes after a while. If the devs wanted to make a game for endgame players they wouldn't make any money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orei View Post
    This update got me and a few old friends back playing in AO3, even if its for a few good hours. Good structure and concept of teamwork required to finish. Nostalgic feeling of the good co-op days..

This game is not just about earning millions of gold for self-benefit or boasting how rich/powerful/pro you are, be it in game or forums. If you play PL because of this only, then you have ultimately failed.

If you are bored, perhaps you should invest time in helping out new players to bring up the community. I am pretty sure thousands of players who tried this game quit cause they do not know how to play/advance. Its a good thing end game items are cheap, so its easily affordable by new lower level players, who may now have the motivation to play their way up to wear the few level 50 high-end pinks in their inventory.
    you play almost everyday your kill count keeps going up.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #187
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Campaigns will continue to raise the level cap. Oasis and end-game systems signify a completion to the land, but the game will never stop evolving.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by formosus808 View Post
    Refried & Lesrider,

Is this your first MMO? I've played with the two of you and you are both good players, but this is just the way MMOs are. It has happened to WoW on a larger scale (Casual Player = Money). WoW used to be very hard back when 40 man raids just came out, up until AQ40 where less than 5% got to see NAXX 40 and AQ40 end bosses. Cthun was the hardest boss I have ever fought. We wiped for so many hours. It was so hard when we first started, it was literally impossible! lol. But if you ask people who play WoW, not many have played that fight because there was no chance that a casual player could ever get there. So the devs made WoW easy and till today, many years later, they are still making bank. At one time, gold in WoW was hard to make and epic mounts were special, but now gold is worth almost nothing because it is so easy to obtain. Pocket Legends is is a good, short instance, mini MMO. It is for the casual player. Just like you, I have more gold than I can spend on PL, but this is how every MMO becomes after a while. If the devs wanted to make a game for endgame players they wouldn't make any money.
    Same exact thing like this happened to La Tale and Maplestory (which is more similar to PL than WoW, because they're free to play, but to go further you need to pay cash).

The formula for success in any MMO is to attract a new player and turn them from a casual gamer to a more serious gamer through incentives, which include things that make the game easier or things that you pay money for. I wouldn't be surprised if Platinum became more and more important later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Campaigns will continue to raise the level cap. Oasis and end-game systems signify a completion to the land, but the game will never stop evolving.
    Oh dear... I was hoping that once I got the 150/2/95 on my pally, I wouldn't ever have to re-spec to get better gear... actually, I guess once it's that high, I can just use booster items...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Awesome possum, yo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Still kinda cryptic, but ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Same exact thing like this happened to La Tale and Maplestory (which is more similar to PL than WoW, because they're free to play, but to go further you need to pay cash).
    Maplestory... man, that was just icky... nexon is gaining a lot of ground with Vindictus tho, personally, I LOVE IT.... PL needs to take a back seat for it :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Awesome possum, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Still kinda cryptic, but ok.
    I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it... oh well, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

How about a new continent? The current one smells funny. You also have that little island you can do something with.

Can you also confirm whether the new quests are active in the game or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by formosus808 View Post
    you play almost everyday your kill count keeps going up.
    What does kill counts have to do with my post? Anyway its merely numbers, and doesnt mean im actually playing.
    IGNs | Orei (Elf) - Lvl 50 Mage/Paladin | Oreio (Ursan) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreides (Avian) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreii (Elf) - Lvl 47 Mage | Oreiz - Lvl 20 Storage Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it... oh well, lol
    Not sure I understand it enough to like it or hate it. Like I said, still kinda cryptic. Vague.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Maplestory... man, that was just icky... nexon is gaining a lot of ground with Vindictus tho, personally, I LOVE IT.... PL needs to take a back seat for it :P
    Maplestory gained a ton of money through their cubing (cough gambling) system...It would be something the devs could look into for more revenue.

Spend real cash to buy something to "upgrade" current equips -> Item has a chance to lower the stats on equip, keep it the same, or increase it

Then we become slaves to Platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Maplestory gained a ton of money through their cubing (cough gambling) system...It would be something the devs could look into for more revenue.

Spend real cash to buy something to "upgrade" current equips -> Item has a chance to lower the stats on equip, keep it the same, or increase it

Then we become slaves to Platinum

Meh, maple is dying, but vindictus is awesome... 3d mmorpg game, just plain awesome... youtube it?

Anyways, I personally think that most people there actually got their NX for free... that's what I always did(played CA, not MS). And now with PayPal, getting Plat for free!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

North and south side?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

yeah guys there are only we (may 50 ppl) disliking the latest updates... the great mass of ppl havent any money/time to buy/farm rift/void/cosmos... they all enjoy the new staff and can play every ao3 level. so devs said right, may 95% of the 2500 ppl i c online enjoy the latest updates...
    and sts certainly trys to keep the mass of players...

the only problem we have is we want be better than the mass and wear items that are better than normal and not easy to get... now i cant distingue whos noob droid gen or oldie...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....