Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well I have been farming km3 for over a year and yes it is great to be able to make more gold in there now, but I am not going to because km3 simply has no fun aspect to it anymore. Instead of wasting 3 weeks in km3 I am going to jump into new games considering there is an energy system and I will most likely have little time to run the event without buying kits with gold or plat. This energy system turned me off and it is making me want to stop playing this game especially since it looks like stg is very very plat hungry now and I only see it getting worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speedofsound For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    The energy system is still there, yes. It will still cost 1 energy to enter portals.
    Why cant this event aoso as tarlok
    Had fun to hunt portals
    I hate this energy events, it costs much gold/plat

sorry for my english
    Last edited by cookiehunterx; 06-15-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeocapat View Post
    Nobody really cares if mythics are looted in abundance except Zeus, Energizeric and a couple other mercs. Majority of AL players that just farm their b* off for a living would be happy to see some sanity priced mythics ,and not just at the end of the season when they are near to useless, once in a while not only because this mythics look like they will be dc after the event but mainly because of the miserable low prices the legendary items the rich players told the poors to go farm and sell in order to have money for their mythics worth.
    What you don't realize is if mythics become cheap, then the elite legendary items that those players farm will become pretty worthless and they will have no way to farm anymore as the potions and luck elixirs will cost as much as the loot is worth.

Right now you can farm for magma claymores that are worth hundreds of thousands of gold. If the new mythic weapons end up being worth 1-2m as the level 31 mythic weapons were worth after the price crash in season 4, then you can expect the magma claymore to be worth 50k at best. But if you keep the mythic weapon prices higher like the level 36 mythic weapons were in season 5, then you can expect the magma weapons to retain their value.

Unfortunately you are going up against the rules of economics here. You all want expensive loot to farm, but cheap mythic and arcane prices. Unfortunately that is impossible and cannot happen no matter what STS does. They tried the "cheap mythics" route during season 4, and the result was that elite farming came to a halt and tons of players got bored and quit. Back in season 4 if you were a rogue, you could buy a mythic bow for 1.5-2m, and if you couldn't afford that then you could buy a bonechill bow, which was almost as good, for about 2k. So then why would anyone want to farm for elite legendary weapons?

Remember that while we do have these fun events, more than half of the time there will be no event and the game still has to be playable these other times. Mythic does not mean the stats are good. Mythic is a color rarity, meaning they are more rare. That is what the colors mean. If it was more common, then it would not be mythic.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak:1682383
    It means that, god forbid, more people would be able to afford the new and old mythics.
    Haha, yeah, may the Divines forbid people actually being able to afford stuff without spending their money on plats!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fauksuras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rem or Sam, will elondian locked crates have a chance to loot arcane eggs and arcane weapons/shards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dont want the ENERGY SYSTEM !!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pls stop crying about energy system, its good bcs then drops keep their value. We all saw how low winter event stuff went..
    im not rich but i had few mils before goblin event and i tripled my gold during the event.. so buy those energys, reach gold tier and start looting its worth it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    What you don't realize is if mythics become cheap, then the elite legendary items that those players farm will become pretty worthless and they will have no way to farm anymore as the potions and luck elixirs will cost as much as the loot is worth.

Right now you can farm for magma claymores that are worth hundreds of thousands of gold. If the new mythic weapons end up being worth 1-2m as the level 31 mythic weapons were worth after the price crash in season 4, then you can expect the magma claymore to be worth 50k at best. But if you keep the mythic weapon prices higher like the level 36 mythic weapons were in season 5, then you can expect the magma weapons to retain their value.

Unfortunately you are going up against the rules of economics here. You all want expensive loot to farm, but cheap mythic and arcane prices. Unfortunately that is impossible and cannot happen no matter what STS does. They tried the "cheap mythics" route during season 4, and the result was that elite farming came to a halt and tons of players got bored and quit. Back in season 4 if you were a rogue, you could buy a mythic bow for 1.5-2m, and if you couldn't afford that then you could buy a bonechill bow, which was almost as good, for about 2k. So then why would anyone want to farm for elite legendary weapons?

Remember that while we do have these fun events, more than half of the time there will be no event and the game still has to be playable these other times. Mythic does not mean the stats are good. Mythic is a color rarity, meaning they are more rare. That is what the colors mean. If it was more common, then it would not be mythic.
    Its you that don't understand. I am not mythics should become cheap i am saying their prices should be kept in range with the current value of the legendary items. If the legendary items were worth lots of gold then the mythic could have been rare/extremely rare no problem and even though a handful of players managed to manipulate the prices it wouldnt matter..but.....

The current legendaries have dropped so low in price you would probably have to loot 20/30 of the best type to be able to obtain a mythic weapon. GOODLUCK WITH THAT.
    Add the mythics seem to be discontinued add they will be the best if not one of best weapons for pvp and you obtain a easily influenceable mythic market that ends up like the arcane ring market. Prices sky rocket and the poor farmer is left disoriented with his 600k sword.

The drop rate must be abundant in other to give a low rooftop to the mythic items hoping their prices stay not too near and not too far from the legendary loots.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jeocapat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

In the coming Ursoth's Assault Event, there will be new bosses, new items, new quests and a lot of new fun!

Part of that fun will come in the form of Chests and Crates. Here are the details:

Event Chests
    There are two different kinds of Event Chests that can drop during the event.

Attachment 91901
    Entangled Chests can drop from the first 3 bosses and contain things like armor, items, gold, and more, but do not have the chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Attachment 91902
    Spirit Chests, however, are extra special chests that drop from Ursoth (the #4 event boss) and are awarded to players when they reach Silver Tier. Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests can also be crafted with a recipe (obtained when you reach bronze tier) allowing you to combine 3 Entangled Chests with Elondrian essences to make one Spirit Chest.

All event chests are free to open.

New: Locked Grand Crates of Elondria

Locked Grand Crates of Elondria are special locked crates that have a DOUBLE chance to drop the new mythic weapons. They drop rarely from the 4th event boss, Ursoth. That crate looks like this and costs 15 plat to open, just like a normal locked crate:
    Attachment 91917

You'll also be able to obtain a special crafting recipe (purchased with tokens) that will allow you to combine 3 regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch plus Elondrian Essences to create one Locked Grand Crate of Elondria.

Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? )
    Turns out to be less aye.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeocapat View Post
    Its you that don't understand. I am not mythics should become cheap i am saying their prices should be kept in range with the current value of the legendary items. If the legendary items were worth lots of gold then the mythic could have been rare/extremely rare no problem and even though a handful of players managed to manipulate the prices it wouldnt matter..but.....

The current legendaries have dropped so low in price you would probably have to loot 20/30 of the best type to be able to obtain a mythic weapon. GOODLUCK WITH THAT.
    Add the mythics seem to be discontinued add they will be the best if not one of best weapons for pvp and you obtain a easily influenceable mythic market that ends up like the arcane ring market. Prices sky rocket and the poor farmer is left disoriented with his 600k sword.

The drop rate must be abundant in other to give a low rooftop to the mythic items hoping their prices stay not too near and not too far from the legendary loots.

You get 3 free energies per 8 hours, not including the ones you loot (per character). So, if you have 5 characters, that is around sixty free runs per day (assuming that you do not loot any energy balls).

So, please tell me, how is this a bad thing? Free players can still enjoy the event completely for free, but if they want to participate on the leaderboards, they will need to spend some gold.

The double odds crates would curb the amount of crates that platinum users would open. Isn't that a good thing? Or, perhaps, when free users finally loot one out of a spirit chest, they want it to be worthless due to the crazy amount of locked crates platinum users spent. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but I see the system as granting double odds to platinum users at a higher cost of platinum for them per crate.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-14-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be cool if we can ride our pets that would be so awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? )
    finally something to remove those locks from everyones hoarding inventory.

sink those locks
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't know why you would need to do that. Why the rush? The even lasts for 3 weeks. Let's suppose it takes you one week to get the recipe. Then you have 2 weeks to craft. Remiem said the crafting time for the locked crate is 4 hours. You have 5 crafting slots. If you keep them busy, that means you can craft 90 regular crates per day into 30 event crates. That means in the 14 days remaining in the event, you could craft 1260 regular crates (if you have that many) into 420 event crates. And if that is not enough, use an alt to double that amount.
    You need 10 new Elondrian Essences to craft one new locked. These drop at the same rate at current essences. So going by your example you would need to loot 4200 Elondrian Essences. Check the announcement & chat box archive for this information. Also these essences will not be purchasable. So for the average person its not going to be possible to craft many crates. So your example isn't valid and wrong because it doesn't account for the time required every 4 hours you need to spend farming Elondrian Essences.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I was thinking, if you can craft an Elondrian crate with 3 regular crates, and the process needs crafting recipe bought with tokens that can be bought with plats plus the elondrian essences that can drop from normal maps, then it would be too simple to obtain mythics if you have enough plats, crates, and time to farm for the essences. Other than the perceived fun and curiosity, if I just want the new mythics, I'm not sure now why I should spend/wait for energy if this will be that easy. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Instead of the energy system, wouldn't it be better if you guys did something like the portal system we had? Killing bosses for portals.

Lieutenant at your service

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hozukreti View Post
    You make goblin event as a test for this big event, i saw feedback thread about goblin event too..and most forumer give feedback about energy system that need to change. Some also want this energy system need to removed. Some want to reduced the time of energy slot to full. Some want to add more energy slot. Some want 1 energy kit to restore all energy slot. And many more other feedback/suggestion there.

So, what did you change for this event? Or our feedback about this energy system are useless?
    No one of plat users complained on energy sistem so ye its useless since those r feedbacks from free players.

Послато са GT-I9505 уз помоћ Тапатока

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I still think tarlok portal spawning sistem was best for plat and non plat users and for me its best ever since game is relesed.

Послато са GT-I9505 уз помоћ Тапатока

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandorix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    You need 10 new Elondrian Essences to craft one new locked. These drop at the same rate at current essences. So going by your example you would need to loot 4200 Elondrian Essences. Check the announcement & chat box archive for this information. Also these essences will not be purchasable. So for the average person its not going to be possible to craft many crates. So your example isn't valid and wrong because it doesn't account for the time required every 4 hours you need to spend farming Elondrian Essences.
    So then it sounds like the limits of crafting the elondrian crates will be based on how many essences are out there. It sounds then like these crates will be pretty rare, and probably will be worth a nice amount of gold. I'm not sure why you would be complaining about that though? It sounds like STS is shifting away from locked crates with this move and trying to earn money based on the energy system instead.

Since everyone has spent the last year complaining about how the locked crate system is lousy, then I would think they would welcome such a change. It seems that nobody is going to be happy unless STS becomes a charity and provides the game for free with no major revenue areas.

All I can say is this new system sounds fun to me. I'm holding almost 200 locked crates, so I'm in the same boat as most of you. I don't see this event causing my crates to go down in value any. If anything, I see it as a chance to spend my time farming for essences, crafting my locked crates, and earning some nice amounts of gold for each one I craft and sell.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    10 is old info. Still tuning it. Also as a reminder, essences are not tradeable ( as they have always been ).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

If the energy and essences can be looted from normal maps, it would give me something to do rather than just waiting. I will see how this plays out. I'll just farm more locked in the meantime. Glad I already sold the bulk of my locked I've saved up since shuyal!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!