Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrucho View Post
    Why are you been selfish bro?? So if many players will have mythic weapons... You want to keep feeling like top dog in Acane legends?? Is that what it is??
    How is it being selfish? He is lobbying to get more players Shady and Surge plus mythic weapons... He is not saying to remove mythic weapons and people will still open crates even if it's "normal" odds. He is asking for a compromise so everyone can have a chance at the arcane pet not just the LB people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I dont know about any of you guys. Every arcane pet should be found in LOCK CHESTS. Whatever that lock chest is. If someone wants to do leaderboard thats why he has banner for it and a bit of bonus ( arcane pet ).
    Leaderboards are made for people who spent TIME to be there. They didnt have any special reward only a banner as a proof. When i said time i didn't say 3 weeks.. i meant maybe years ( PvP especially ) . Why not every people who are apart of any kind of leaderboard should get an arcane pet at the end of a season? Just saying They spent time too.. They spent golds too.

Put Shady & Surge in Lock Chests ! You can't make an exclusive pet for 30 people!!
    Last edited by Titanium; 06-20-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Just to make sure.

Does this mean the egg will just be give when we reach gold tier? (like the Goblin rings)
    Or you mean we will be able to farm in gold tier?

In first case, can we farm the egg more or not? (will the eggs drop from event box?)
    Sam.

Do you mind answering this?

Edited a bit for better understanding.
    Last edited by Excuses; 06-20-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Why are you been selfish bro?? So if many players will have mythic weapons... You want to keep feeling like top dog in Acane legends?? Is that what it is??
    How is making an arcane pet available for all players, rather than just those who spend the most plat, being selfish? Sounds like someone's got issues.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    How is making an arcane pet available for all players, rather than just those who spend the most plat, being selfish? Sounds like someone's got issues.
    The irony in Thrucho's post!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    This made me lol!
    Come on now... I couldn't have been the only one who caught that! Maybe the only one commenting on it, but not the only one thinking it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Um...what? Sts wants to what us?!
    Oh my bad.. I used a noun as a verb lol ^.^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atten For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numismatics View Post
    Oh my bad.. I used a noun as a verb lol ^.^
    Omg! HAHAHA! Is that what you are fretting over?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I didn't have time to read this whole thread, but I read Remiem's post, and here are my comments about the new event:

1) I like the new ideas added, especially crafting energy

2) For those of you complaining, that means you can technically have 21 energy for every 8 hours. You can craft 5 every 2 hours, and then get one free every 8 hours. That is a lot for sure. That means 63 energy per 24 hours.

3) Yes, you will need to spend gold or plat to make the leaderboard. That is how every leaderboard in arcane legends has always been. But notice I said gold OR plat. Zeus was #2 on the leaderboard in the Goblin event and he never spent any plat during the event. He just bought lots of energy kits for gold. So no, you don't need plat. But yes, you need to spend something. If you don't have enough gold to compete, then I suggest you work on that instead of competing in this event, and save up some gold so that maybe you can compete in the next event, or one down the line.

Remember that this game is an MMO and is a long term game that takes lots of hard work to accomplish things and be successful. Yes, plat can help save you time in that journey. But you can do it without plat. I have not bought much plat in the past year, and have not opened a single locked crate, and have managed to save 50m gold since last August. So don't tell me it is not possible. It just takes a long time and you must work hard at it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

3) Yes, you will need to spend gold or plat to make the leaderboard. That is how every leaderboard in arcane legends has always been. But notice I said gold OR plat. Zeus was #2 on the leaderboard in the Goblin event and he never spent any plat during the event. He just bought lots of energy kits for gold. So no, you don't need plat. But yes, you need to spend something. If you don't have enough gold to compete, then I suggest you work on that instead of competing in this event, and save up some gold so that maybe you can compete in the next event, or one down the line.

Remember that this game is an MMO and is a long term game that takes lots of hard work to accomplish things and be successful. Yes, plat can help save you time in that journey. But you can do it without plat. I have not bought much plat in the past year, and have not opened a single locked crate, and have managed to save 50m gold since last August. So don't tell me it is not possible. It just takes a long time and you must work hard at it.
    You forgot to mention how much Zeus has spent, anyway that's up to his discretion.

The way AL is set up right now we are moving away and away from the core mechanics of this game, such as Arcane egg being exclusive to the games driving force if you will which is opening locks. Will this be a good thing? I guess we'll have to wait till that 30 pets are out circulating the market, how many will be merched and how many will be hatched.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I was talking about his idea of taking out 2x chance on mythic weapons.. Hope STS don't listen to him

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Gold Tier
    Then, if you make it all the way to Gold Tier, your reward is a very special new tradeable pet egg. Hatch the egg to receive the new Legendary Bear Pet, Dovabear.
    When you cross from any of the tiers (Pre-Bronze to Bronze, for example) you will instantly be granted the rewards associated with that Tier.

In the case of going from Silver to Gold, you will be instantly granted the tradeable Dovabear Pet Egg. If your inventory is full, it will simply overflow and you will still get it. If you want more Dovabear pet eggs, you would need to advance another character to the Gold Tier. If you choose to then go on and sell it, gift it or open it yourself - that is your decision.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    The irony in Thrucho's post!
    Haha it's funny because you guys are in such a hurry to defend your friend that you didn't read his post.. He is asking to take 2x on mmythic out... I never said anything about arcane pet.. Hehe now go read his post again if you want to reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Being able to craft energy makes a big difference. Looking forward to seeing new maps and bosses - hope it's not all going to be as drearily green and gooey as the goblin ones lol. The tier rewards are great. I reckon the token items will be good too.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    How is it being selfish? He is lobbying to get more players Shady and Surge plus mythic weapons... He is not saying to remove mythic weapons and people will still open crates even if it's "normal" odds. He is asking for a compromise so everyone can have a chance at the arcane pet not just the LB people.
    I never said anything about arcane pet.. I don't like the idea of taking out the 2x cchance on mythic ... You guys want mythic to be 30m 40m 50m.. They don't have to be so expensive.. Not any one has 1m in game let a long 30m .. That's why I saying that he is being selfish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Nice!

This event already seems to be better than last time. I really like the sound of that pet. I need a new one!

Still a little worried about the energy mechanic. So, essentially every 24 hours, we get 3 runs in the event. If the event lasts for about 21 days, this means that we get about 63 runs ish until the event is over. Is this enough time to get all the tiers?

Do we still collect tokens to spend in he event town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I never said anything about arcane pet.. I don't like the idea of taking out the 2x cchance on mythic ... You guys want mythic to be 30m 40m 50m.. They don't have to be so expensive.. Not any one has 1m in game let a long 30m .. That's why I saying that he is being selfish
    He was suggesting that as a compromise, so we could get the arcane pet into lockeds. He was just stating what happened last time with the 2x mythic weekend. The post was focusing on the arcane pet and one possible option so we could all have a chance to get it. Maybe next time you can ask the person to elaborate instead of jumping in and calling names and making ugly allegations towards other players. Or even better make a suggestion that offers a different solution to be constructive.
    Last edited by Raregem; 06-20-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I proposed a suggestion so that it would be a viable option to put Shady and Surge into the crates. Simply requesting Shady and Surge be put into crates without any trade-off and the suggestion may be ignored. The company is still aiming to make money after all.

When 31 Mythic Weapons were first introduced with 2x chance of dropping it only lasted a weekend roughly. Prices started at around 10m and quickly dropped to about 3m. So again that was only a weekend. This event is 3 weeks. Sure it may cost a *little* more or little more effort to open these but it will not stop most crate poppers at all or even slow them down. How much do you expect Mythic weapons to be at the end of 3 weeks? Will people even want to open them by then since the price will have declined so much due to flooding of the weapons?

Trading off 2x chance for mythic weapon IN EXCHANGE for putting Shady and Surge in would probably help keep the price reasonable on everything.

Aiming or "top dog" or whatever is irrelevant. I will most likely to be able to get my gear, my pet, etc. If I was being selfish, I would recommend something absurd to make things cost more such as more plat/gold for energy kits. I'm looking out for my friends, guild mates or anyone else who just enjoys playing to collect and casually play (even though I'm a bit more than a casual player).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    S+S better drop from Elondrian crates too or you're going to have a freaking riot on your hands.
    You think giving 50m to 30 random people would change anything? IMHO it would ruin the game for them. What are you gonna do with 50m? Buy Sammy, mythic bow, PvP all day and complain how there's nothing to do? Might as well quit the game.
    And for other players, it's not good either. So someone was just lucky? Are we playing a game or a lottery?

you're giving out 30 50mil arcane pets to whoever can run nonstop with plat?
    I doubt it will be necessary to run mission map 20/7 to get to 10th place. If there are enough people willing -and capable- to do that... oh well. I have been wrong before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    I just think the event like Goblin Event, Richer >> Winner..
    Arcane pets cost 20-40m. You can spend that money while getting to leaderboard, or to buy egg from CS. Your choice.
    I prefer both over a lottery, see above. ARCANE pets are NOT for everyone.

Decrease plat cost to 5 per 5 energy or you aren't solving this particular problem. 10k gold per energy kit is not viable.
    All it has done is load up our crafting slots so we will have to spend plat like mad to be able to be productive.
    8 hours for 1 energy replenish is insane. At least they could make it 5 energy slots and fill them up every 8 hours.
    It's the same for everyone, and rewards are designed to take that into account.
    Would you want to run the event 12 hours a day, instead of 1 hour, if the final reward was the same? I prefer 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Sts has not fixed the problem. They have merely reduced the wait time from 8 hours to 2 hours.
    I can't remember Tarlok all that well but 1 portal in 30 minutes sounds about right, maybe 1 in 15. But now you're guaranteed a good boss once you reach silver/gold tier, so if you skipped Goblin and Wolf during Tarlok, you get same fights with the new system.
    Yes, it may be necessary to farm a lot of essence fast, and craft energy during the day and locks over night :-(
    I wish it was possible to queue crafting tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    I have a lot to say but I'm not going to say it all...only words I have are this makes it a solo event
    Yes this is going to be a solo event, especially now that Sam dodged the question about pug/solo difference in rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevaporz View Post
    IMO it makes little sense for the developers/graphic artists to spend their time as limited as it is (we hear this over and over..)on designing and game testing an arcane pet that will be available to so little.
    Yes, the same idea occured to me with Nightshade. All this talk about limited game resources, and now they put in a pet that only 3 (or 5) people will ever have? That's a waste if I've ever seen one.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    It's the same for everyone, and rewards are designed to take that into account.
    Would you want to run the event 12 hours a day, instead of 1 hour, if the final reward was the same? I prefer 1 hour.
    I'd rather be able to run as much as I want / am able to, no matter what the reward is. Something is very wrong with the concept of having players' ability to run / play as they wish restricted.

Yes, I understand STS put in a bunch of time to make this event system and made a major mistake of building it around an energy system that nobody wants. However, just because something has been done does not mean it can't be changed. STS has always told us that no change is final, but the statements from them now seem to say that energy is never going away.

If this must be the case so they don't toss out what they obviously spent a bunch of time developing, it needs to be adapted significantly in order to slow down the exodus of players from the game. This is what the community is asking for. I just hope we are heard.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: