Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unrewarding time in the caves, drop rates horrible, gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Unrewarding time in the caves, drop rates horrible, gold sink.

Dear Mod or developer,

I play this game a lot, I love this game but the sheer low drops and gold sink the Shadow caves have are now driving me crazy. I ran that area all day today, 45 times . and got one.. one glowstick.. all the other times orangex also white and grey. after waisting over a 190k we stopped. It was not worth it, the pinks are almost nonexistent.. more and more i fear am feel this way, especially against the witch... It's fun but -extremely- unrewarding to play this series of areas.. can you please undo the last drop rate change, thanks.

This is only my opinion, if anyone wants to agree or disagree feel free.

again thanks for developing this game but shadow caves really turn me away because you get nothing good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

See, someone said a few days ago that the drop rate was too high. It may have seemed a bit true, but not to more casual players. Some people thought they spoke as representation of the entirety of the game population.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You got a drop, why are you complaining?

They're looking to make these items rare, desirable, and pricey, not cheap, easily obtained, and common.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They're already common - in the CS. The changes they made were extreme but a bit late IMO. Quite a few people already have multiple sets and stand to make millions, while others like the OP here have to do it 45 times to get one item. The caves are fun, but it is kind of unrewarding to do all that to get something that everyone already has.
    Last edited by Kujen; 01-15-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spelling..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the other option which I find others are doing is farming gold and selling pinks. no one wants to do the caves to have such a low rate. It is pretty much the lottery now.. course I really like my glowstick but the fact people have eight sets, and I have been shown to my hard earned 44 times wasting money is very much a let down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in a lot of agreement, my biggest issue isn't that they wanna make things rare I'm fine with that. However the amount of gold u spend is outrageous by buying potions and elixir. Even the non bosses are hard to beat in the caves. The witch is ridiculous to beat. Point is you still have to have good players to beat the caves. You can't just get 5 lvl 50 of anyone and go through it. So the fact that it is that hard the drops should be a little more frequent. I don't even go there now its a waste of gold for me. Either way love Pocket Legends and to me this is only a minor complaint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I don't have a ton of gold and spent about 50K in the caves on pots the other night. I haven't been back and unless I'm with a really good team I won't go back. I agree that gold sink is a perfect description. Fortunately I am still having fun in other areas but it was a bit disappointing nonetheless.

(I could have more gold but I don't always keep my auction slot full and I often go around giving good drops and pinks to other players since other players have done the same for me, which is one of the things that really drew me in...the friendly community)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    See, someone said a few days ago that the drop rate was too high. It may have seemed a bit true, but not to more casual players. Some people thought they spoke as representation of the entirety of the game population.
    Just because the drop rate is too low now, doesn't mean the 100% drop rate was right either. They need to find a happy medium. So far we've only seen the two extremes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cool

lol sorry I got you so work up in game Azi but give them hell
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    You got a drop, why are you complaining?

They're looking to make these items rare, desirable, and pricey, not cheap, easily obtained, and common.
    I personally think there should had a rollback since most of the people that complained about the high drop rate had stock piles of the gear then was able to make huge profits from selling their stock piles once the drop rate got lowered. The would have made it fair for everyone.

Now we got some people bragging in town about how they have huge stock piles and getting rich because of the update.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It's true, the drop rate really is low. Though thats from actually getting a rare drop point of view, its still quite fun to actually play with friends. I did get two pinks yesterday, two Fate pieces. Yes Fate, not Hate, which i found weird.

It's one of those updates where the ones who catch it have everything to gain. (for DD players, maybe like iOS Ogre Crush glitch). And to be honest I don't really see the existing shadow sets running out from the CS unless we see more and more inflow of new players, which I've noticed, maybe, stabilise since after android release.

What I can say is probably just look forward to the next content update, when it will make all these shadow stuff practically useless. Assuming they do a good job with the new content. Think they will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

I agree the caves are not very good now. im not going to run it 45 times for one pink. I think the only players who moaned about the drop rate were the farmers AFTER they stock piled all the new gear. i got all three sets while the drop rate was good not to sell but to to use on my avatars since the rift cosmos wraith is far too expencive. i loved the caves it was fresh and a challenge with good rewards. now its almost impossible when you get two witches in the same room one was enough and what do you get for your trouble an orange. it would have been better to keep 100 % drop but for one person per boss and if that player who got the pink on that boss should be ruled out from getting one from the next boss so it would be fair 5 stages 5 bosses 5 pinks 5 players at least. i wont be going into the caves until they do something to reward the hard work im disapointed about all this as i love this game play it all day every day. just cant please some people theres gonna be more new sets when the new campains come out wich you will pay for so why everyone moaned about the free caves is beyond me. its only a game stuff the auction crash its not like your losing real money come on its pathetic.
    Last edited by thugimmortal; 01-15-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azicader View Post
    Dear Mod or developer,

I play this game a lot, I love this game but the sheer low drops and gold sink the Shadow caves have are now driving me crazy. I ran that area all day today, 45 times . and got one.. one glowstick.. all the other times orangex also white and grey. after waisting over a 190k we stopped. It was not worth it, the pinks are almost nonexistent.. more and more i fear am feel this way, especially against the witch... It's fun but -extremely- unrewarding to play this series of areas.. can you please undo the last drop rate change, thanks.

This is only my opinion, if anyone wants to agree or disagree feel free.

again thanks for developing this game but shadow caves really turn me away because you get nothing good.
    grats for the pink!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I did exactly what you did -- got just enough thenfirst night for my chars (well, my pally and bear have to share Hate). I didn't buy anything extra, and I'm actually missing a few weapons I didn't bother getting. While I agree the drop rate is too low now, I still hold by the 100% drop rate being too high.
    As for 100% drop rate for one person and then he can't get anything on the next round -- you know that person will leave the second he gets that pink, unless he's a decent enough person to stick around for the others (more likely if they're his friends, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    I agree the caves are not very good now. im not going to run it 45 times for one pink. I think the only players who moaned about the drop rate were the farmers AFTER they stock piled all the new gear. i got all three sets while the drop rate was good not to sell but to to use on my avatars since the rift cosmos wraith is far too expencive. i loved the caves it was fresh and a challenge with good rewards. now its almost impossible when you get two witches in the same room one was enough and what do you get for your trouble an orange. it would have been better to keep 100 % drop but for one person per boss and if that player who got the pink on that boss should be ruled out from getting one from the next boss so it would be fair 5 stages 5 bosses 5 pinks 5 players at least. i wont be going into the caves until they do something to reward the hard work im disapointed about all this as i love this game play it all day every day. just cant please some people theres gonna be more new sets when the new campains come out wich you will pay for so why everyone moaned about the free caves is beyond me. its only a game stuff the auction crash its not like your losing real money come on its pathetic.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cabero, stop complaining and quit if you don't like the way it is. ^_^;

There will be no rollback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I did exactly what you did -- got just enough thenfirst night for my chars (well, my pally and bear have to share Hate). I didn't buy anything extra, and I'm actually missing a few weapons I didn't bother getting. While I agree the drop rate is too low now, I still hold by the 100% drop rate being too high.
    As for 100% drop rate for one person and then he can't get anything on the next round -- you know that person will leave the second he gets that pink, unless he's a decent enough person to stick around for the others (more likely if they're his friends, I guess).
    Yeah i agree that the person would leave so why not impose a timescale on that player so he couldnt get another pink on that stage until after a certain time. and yeah my dex mage shares shadow and death too.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just don't think all these complicated ideas are necessary. They simply went from one extreme to the other, and now need to find a happy medium. From the sound of it, drop rate is close to 0% -- so increase it to 5-10% maybe? I dunno how that would turn out -- just throwing out random numbers.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe the drop rate is around 3%.

I like the way it is, that means there will be some equipment not ANYONE can have.

I saw two drops in about 10 cave runs, I honestly don't think they need to be changed much.

Considering 3 bosses spawn on the second, and fourth cave, I think it's plenty fair.

People also complain that they are now too challenging, I've never died to any boss while on Bear, it just takes a decent tank. Don't cry because your group was too weak to kill. :/

Set up your group properly, two mages, a bird, and a GOOD bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    I believe the drop rate is around 3%.

I like the way it is, that means there will be some equipment not ANYONE can have.

I saw two drops in about 10 cave runs, I honestly don't think they need to be changed much.

Considering 3 bosses spawn on the second, and fourth cave, I think it's plenty fair.

People also complain that they are now too challenging, I've never died to any boss while on Bear, it just takes a decent tank. Don't cry because your group was too weak to kill. :/

Set up your group properly, two mages, a bird, and a GOOD bear.
    2 drops in 10 runs would be enough for elite... but since we are all plenty of that stuff isnt worth it to do atm...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Refried, I just got done reading a post you made saying you made 6M off the shadow items. Really, I bet you would be rather annoyed if you put all that time in the 45 runs I made and came up with one. Don't talk, of course you want the drops the same because you, are in fact, set up for this game with six million. Also pal, I am sick, college is still on break and unemployed. I have plenty of time on my hands to do 45 runs, don't even try to defend yourself.

I already know you just don't want everyone else making money and have that elitist attitude which amuses me. Six million. Right? You do know their is a pre-set amount of rarest until they are gone right? Come on Guy, before you talk take into effect you just smacked the community with that brag of having multiple sets and making six mill. Lol, that is really pathetic Refriedchicken.