Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mob Scaling Findings: Higher Armour is not better

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    This!^^^
    Ofc when you run with a tank in pt, the runs will be slow, and you would have less deaths and use less potions.
    Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk
    This is what I believe or lead to believe, that purpose of a tank is less deaths and less potion guzzling for mages and rogues. If my gear allows it then its all good right ? I try my best to keep the pace up, but then my concentration drops and I get sucker punched to respawnsville.

Here's the thing.... if the party is slow, why does the warrior get the blame first, you know my damage is lame but I'm keeping aggro so shouldn't the mages or rogues be guilty for not taking down the mobs fast enough, maybe they don't have the firepower to do so, then gear up and stop blaming me *glares at pesky rogue* LOL

I would be really sad if the findings are that higher armour does not benefit and rather is a risk! I would just have to go all out Health, I was actually gonna try to increase my armour further but I'll wait now for devs response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    you can t verify or falsify a observation made about the levelling for a party by inserting data for a single toon.
    it s answering a question no one asked. if the time isn t a valid indicator for you, that something might be not in balance with the leveling of elite runs for *this obviously can t be stressed enough party runs*, it s a good idea to come up with a party test setup. or let the devs look at the code. i don t see how inserting single player test data helps to explain or debunk seranchas observations.

for mored tesla humor, please look here :

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla
    Fine, party me in game. Better yet, I'd like Sera to party me (or any of the 30 involved in testing) so that I can k ow both the procedures and verify my own. It should only take 30-60 minutes to collect all the data I could need and then I will run all the numbers.

There shouldn't be a reason for mobs to only scale when in a party. Otherwise, a level 2 soloing a map would have the same mobs as a level 41 soloing the same map.

PS: typically the opposing view point is required to provide evidence to prove their conclusion. Not the defense disproving it.

Examples:
    -Newton's laws of gravity. (Easier to prove so probably a poor example. But, granite and ivory balls. The apple was first but didn't solidify his claim)
    -Tesla's study of voltage versus hertz and their relativity to amperage. (Tesla coils at world fair demonstration)
    -Einstein's law relativity. (Bending if light around the sun. Proven when comparing star location during a solar eclipse)
    -The Manhattan Project. (This one is self explanatory)
    -Feynman's Tachyons. (Still unproven, but if the Chinese could make Feynmion without faking the results they would be proven)
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 06-28-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mihu View Post
    I think this might be true, my warrior friend says that his elite runs take longer with maul which makes no sense but just happens. Also in km3 i can do 1min30sec runs easily with skilled legendary players but when i hav full myth team it usually takes almost 2mins.
    This would contradict the OP since the Maul has zero armor.

PS: maul takes longer because you waste time spamming pots and dying. Great in boss fights for the proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He runs faster with goblin glaive so maybe its the rarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I have read somewhere that rarity affects the difficulty level. one need to wear atleast 2 same rarity items. but I read it like a year ago.
    that's y I nvr bought mythics.(bought only pavise)

anyway great observations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    I have read somewhere that rarity affects the difficulty level. one need to wear atleast 2 same rarity items. but I read it like a year ago.
    that's y I nvr bought mythics.(bought only pavise)

anyway great observations.
    Doesn't effect damage intake. Check my numbers. Direct correlation between armor stat and damage intake has been proven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Wow these comments,
    If tank is good, the runs are faster. Why not to take a good tank in pt? He takes all the damage, wastes potions and all u have to do is spam skills. And some one mentioned here, maul runs are slower than normal runs. Our guild runs normal elite caves at 13-15 mins. If there is mauler, runs are definitely faster if he tanks properly with time to time procs. If there's warrior in party, the time of your runs depends on: How good tank is in keeping aggro, and how good dps'es are good in killing mobs faster. There's no one who cares about mobs difficulty.

P.S: An elite farmer(Non tank) who wants smooth runs, will always look for a tank with high armour or hp for sure instead of entering elite jagged with full dps party.

Last edited by Ishtmeet; 06-29-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Wow these comments,
    If tank is good, the runs are faster. Why not to take a good tank in pt? He takes all the damage, wastes potions and all u have to do is spam skills. And some one mentioned here, maul runs are slower than normal runs. Our guild runs normal elite caves at 13-15 mins. If there is mauler, runs are definitely faster. If there's warrior in party, the time of your runs depends on: How good tank is in keeping aggro, and how good dps'es are good in killing mobs faster. There's no one who cares about mobs difficulty.

P.S: An elite farmer(Non tank) who wants smooth runs, will always look for a tank with high armour or hp for sure.

lol no. it depends on how much lucky was he to proc maul.
    it's fast when maul proc frequently throughout the run . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

@crows

yep. it makes alot harder to kill mobs. almost forever. that's y I used to run with architect sword or entombed past in farming easy elites. or soloing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Fine, party me in game. Better yet, I'd like Sera to party me (or any of the 30 involved in testing) so that I can k ow both the procedures and verify my own. It should only take 30-60 minutes to collect all the data I could need and then I will run all the numbers.

There shouldn't be a reason for mobs to only scale when in a party. Otherwise, a level 2 soloing a map would have the same mobs as a level 41 soloing the same map.

PS: typically the opposing view point is required to provide evidence to prove their conclusion. Not the defense disproving it.

Examples:
    -Newton's laws of gravity. (Easier to prove so probably a poor example. But, granite and ivory balls. The apple was first but didn't solidify his claim)
    -Tesla's study of voltage versus hertz and their relativity to amperage. (Tesla coils at world fair demonstration)
    -Einstein's law relativity. (Bending if light around the sun. Proven when comparing star location during a solar eclipse)
    -The Manhattan Project. (This one is self explanatory)
    -Feynman's Tachyons. (Still unproven, but if the Chinese could make Feynmion without faking the results they would be proven)
    Lol looks like you're a brilliant physics student?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    lol no. it depends on how much lucky was he to proc maul.
    it's fast when maul proc frequently throughout the run . .
    Haha,
    Haan jo bhi ho maul toh maul hi hai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I am confused as to why Sera isn't replying? If you're 100% sure you are right you'll be able to counter everyones arguments. After page 6 you haven't replied which is a bit stupid since you should be explaining as to why you're right and how you know you're right.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    I am confused as to why Sera isn't replying? If you're 100% sure you are right you'll be able to counter everyones arguments. After page 6 you haven't replied which is a bit stupid since you should be explaining as to why you're right and how you know you're right.

Maybe she's sleeping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

actually where"s the dmg stacking thread? couldnt find it.
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I say get 2 parties of 4, 3 people same in both parties, 4th person is a mage on one pt and tank in other. Fourth player merely sits in the room doing nothing. Average time out of 20 runs on both pts see what happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post

I have explained all I need to, and nothing I say will make a difference at this point, since people will decide what they want about the info. The devs are going to look into it, which means there will be information when they do that.

As for the trolling, flaming and accusations, I will say this: I have a job and a life, which does not include sitting on a forum round the clock trying to prove somethig to a bunch of people who think I would actually make up something like this. I have never posted anything without purpose and a firm grounding behind it. I have no reason to lie, fabricate or make something up. I also do not believe in wasting people's time, including my own. So you can all get off your high horses and read my 1000+ posts and clue in that I am not an idiot and may possibly have a valid point.

I have nothing further to say to any trolls, and if the developers would like the rest of the data including test points, group run data, and the info from ALL the zones we tested on, they are welcome to request it from me by pm. I will finish by reminding everyone that flaming and trolling violates sts tos, as does calling me stupid.

Moderators feel free to lock this up if needed, I think we can wait for null_void

Thank you.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-29-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I have explained all I need to, and nothing I say will make a difference at this point, since people will decide what they want about the info. The devs are going to look into it, which means there will be information when they do that.

As for the trolling, flaming and accusations, I will say this: I have a job and a life, which does not include sitting on a forum round the clock trying to prove somethig to a bunch of people who think I would actually make up something like this. I have never posted anything without purpose and a firm grounding behind it. I have no reason to lie, fabricate or make something up. I also do not believe in wasting people's time, including my own. So you can all get off your high horses and read my 1000+ posts and clue in that I am not an idiot and may possibly have a valid point.

I have nothing further to say to any trolls, and if the developers would like the rest of the data including test points, group run data, and the info from ALL the zones we tested on, they are welcome to request it from me by pm. I will finish by reminding everyone that flaming and trolling violates sts tos, as does calling me stupid.

Moderators feel free to lock this up if needed, I think we can wait for null_void

Thank you.
    Just ignore them sera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Why all the tests with damage output?? Didn't have anything to do with "damage" according to Sera's op.

Better test, solo a mob with legendary gear then with mythic and check the time it takes (make sure the legendary had lower armor). This is a simple test. Need more to isolate variables.
    Last edited by Rare; 06-29-2014 at 06:43 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I am cofused as to how you think i'm trolling and flaming your thread? Could you care to explain as all i'm trying to give you is constructive feedback and a way to make your tests more accurate.

Also you can't be 100% sure because this is most likely all based of your damage. Think about it, less damage = less mob health/damage dealt. Makes sense huh? You've found something worth looking into but I don't think it's right.

Also blocking me on the forums is quite immature, all i've given you is constructive feedback and i've made several valid points. There is no point in making a thread where you know people will disagree and blocking them.

I don't know if you can see this but I don't care, just making my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Why all the tests with damage output?? Didn't have anything to do with "damage" according to Sera's op.

Better test, solo a mob with legendary gear then with mythic and check the time it takes (make sure the legendary had lower armor). This is a simple test. Need more to isolate variables.
    Did it already.