Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Essences problem - My solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    #Dontcallmelazy2014
    Dis guy stealing ma lines bro!

Name:  dontcallme.png
Views: 280
Size:  2.5 KB
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    There is 3 weeks!!!
    thats not enough!!!

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Aight, let's not lose focus on this thread. The issue is we feel the elondrian essences are causing us too long of a grind to craft the event crates. STS has responded that they are afraid that mythics will flood and ruin the economy, but the ones looking to open in reality would have one or possibly two in our hands.

I want to point out that the weapons are NOT arcane, nor should they be rationed out to us as such. We are grateful to everyone who has supported the idea that we need better access to elondrian essences so we can craft up our locked within these three weeks! Mata you rock for offering some solutions to this issue
    The flooding is a real problem in a 3 week event. STS should have made a 1 week crate event with essences rates much higher. With crafting time and essence farming time, it would have been about equivalent to a mythic weekend while still acting as a crate sink to remove the mountains of useless crates from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

There's no point of a game if you just spend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Who "just spends"?
    Last edited by Rare; 07-02-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Pretty soon we're going to take our money somewhere else and then there won't be any economy at all.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

plz buy my Elocks at 70k each from auction.
    :P
    this event good. m getting so mch profit selling Elocks.

we non plats guys (me still studying engg, and its vacation now ) are farming 2-3hrs In wt4 and crafting them takes 4hr. so plz donate ur money to us. we needs moneys to buy mythics
    I hope u get mythicr when u pop it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I appreciate that STS finally gave no-plat users an alternate means of being comepetive. I don't say this often, because I don't spend large amounts of plat, but the new system only profits those with time to burn. I have spent months farming Locked for resale only to find out that do to personal time constraints I will only be able to sell a fraction of them at a reasonable profit. I love the fact that essences are farmable but it would be nice to be able to buy them as well or at least see an increased drop rate.

EDIT: Disregard previous comments. Crate prices have dropped so much that soon we will be selling for no profit at all. Farmed or purchesed. the economy is FUBAR reguardless.
    Last edited by Nesox; 07-04-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

This Will Sink The Economy, This Is The Worst Idea I Have Ever Heard. Many Mythics Will Be Around And Loose Value, And The Locks Themselves Will LooSe Value.... They Were 500K Yesterday And Last Night They Dropped To 300K And Now 60K. Thats What Happens When People Farm Essences. And Now You Want To Increas The Drop Rate?!?!?! HahaHahaha Good one
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ancestor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think there is a common misconception that being a plat spender = in game wealth, which usually equates in to non-plat buyers thinking plat spenders are uber rich with infinite amounts of gold to blow on consumable items at their choosing...

i'd write more, but there is no point.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
    This Will Sink The Economy, This Is The Worst Idea I Have Ever Heard. Many Mythics Will Be Around And Loose Value, And The Locks Themselves Will LooSe Value.... They Were 500K Yesterday And Last Night They Dropped To 300K And Now 60K. Thats What Happens When People Farm Essences. And Now You Want To Increas The Drop Rate?!?!?! HahaHahaha Good one
    Hate to break it to ya... but nobody is going to buy those crates for 500k. Or 300k. I doubt even 100k. Especially not now when people have loaded up on normal crates already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare:1709924
    Hate to break it to ya... but nobody is going to buy those crates for 500k. Or 300k. I doubt even 100k. Especially not now when people have loaded up on normal crates already.
    I sold many at 300k. They are down to about 70k and still selling fast.

I like the essence drop rate to preserve value in the crates (for the time being)

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

What about you buy many Locked of Elondria 300k ? So I can laugh too, and. I will ignore u like u wanna disrespectful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

IMO with a 3 week long event it's good to have the essences. Without them the market would be flooded with new mythic weapons by now. Either farm the free crates, buy new ones or farm essences to make your own. Putting in a little work for these will do everyone good in the long run.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Let's keep the discussion constructive, alright? Thanks
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

You must understand that they are running a business not a game and I do understand that and is why it can be hard to get mad at them. They seem to have been having a goal to gain real dollars every weekend which they should because real life needs money. Keeping all of the plat buyers and adding more is optimal for them which it seems a lot have quit and a ton have never paid money so it is a struggle. Even though I am sure they are doing very well. Time for employees costs a lot of money. $15-40 per hour is just a guess. Yes give plat members an advantage but make the people that buy few plat or only people that use free offers which sets makes money off of stay it is a careful balance lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A couple of points I want everyone to consider:

1) STS could make more money on plat sales if they were to allow elondrian essences to be purchased for plat.

2) STS could make more money on plat sales if they made it easier to craft locked grand crates of elondria, since more crates would get opened.

Now ask yourself this: Why would STS decide to NOT allow these things if it means less revenue for them?

Everyone always accuses STS of being money hungry and doing things for their bottom line instead of for the health of the game, but here is a case in which they are turning down revenue because they think this is what is better for the game. And I agree with their decision here 100%.

There were the same complaints about the dragonite bar and dragkins teeth. You cannot purchase dragkins teeth, but you can purchased the finished dragonite bar. Same thing with these crates. You cannot purchase the essences but you can purchase the crafted locked crate.

I'm sorry that some of you speculated by farming locked crates and hoping that the new mythic weapons would be available in them, but your speculation turned out to be wrong. It happens. If you don't want to ever get burned, then don't speculate. It's a gamble just like if you invest your money in the stock market. You invested in locked crates and you got burned. Oh well. It happens. Sometimes your investments pay off nicely, and other times they don't.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-02-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of points I want everyone to consider:

1) STS could make more money on plat sales if they were to allow elondrian essences to be purchased for plat.

2) STS could make more money on plat sales if they made it easier to craft locked grand crates of elondria, since more crates would get opened.

Now ask yourself this: Why would STS decide to NOT allow these things if it means less revenue for them?

Everyone always accuses STS of being money hungry and doing things for their bottom line instead of for the health of the game, but here is a case in which they are turning down revenue because they think this is what is better for the game. And I agree with their decision here 100%.

There were the same complaints about the dragonite bar and dragkins teeth. You cannot purchase dragkins teeth, but you can purchased the finished dragonite bar. Same thing with these crates. You cannot purchase the essences but you can purchase the crafted locked crate.

I'm sorry that some of you speculated by farming locked crates and hoping that the new mythic weapons would be available in them, but your speculation turned out to be wrong. It happens. If you don't want to ever get burned, then don't speculate. It's a gamble just like if you invest your money in the stock market. You invested in locked crates and you got burned. Oh well. It happens. Sometimes your investments pay off nicely, and other times they don't.
    +1 for making the game better STS.
    And guys, 3 weeks. Get grinding. xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Bored.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I guess eric doesnt understand that some people dont have time to grind, dont have the gold the buy 70k a crate

And really pissed off that they farmed all these crates before to find out they would be 100% stupid to open cause theyre just... "normal crates"

Eric im sorry but you sound like youre applying for a job at STG more than youre trying to hear my side in this, STG better listen cause.. well this game should be fun and for the first time ever i want to gamble but i cant cant im blocked by brainless essences farming.