Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Convince me...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Phar, you do know that the second you say you're joining a guild you'll probably get lots of gifts? Probably every guild wants you!
    I got offered a full hate set to join some random persons guild o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    join AEO, lol lets see perks--

all the forum forms are here-
    mystical
    range
    arterra...
    gamelova..
    me...
    jespo..
    redryder..
    twink..
    bean..
    contradin..
    moarpewpew..
    devyn...
    cascade..

should i go on?
    Lets see who I got in my friends list.

mystical
    range
    arterra...
    gamelova..
    me...
    jespo..
    redryder..
    twink..
    bean..
    contradin..
    moarpewpew..
    devyn...
    cascade..

should i go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    tbh it is not necessarily devoting yourself to something. half the time i have no idea people in my friends list are aeo. it is just nice to suddenly find a connection, and so try harder, laugh harder, party harder...
    it is simply being is something. there arn't any real rules except for just play well, and if you are in a guild that does ask a lot, then you are in the wrong one.
    Okay I like the play harder, party harder, laugh harder. But how long will that last? I used to be a member of The Heart of Shattered Knights. It was really casual until we creeped to the number 1 guild. Then mandatory training sessions started and I was forced to duel staked against players much more skilled then me. Lost over 100,000 laborers to The Savage xD....

Anyways AoE is full of extreme hardcore players. Whats stopping it from becoming very extreme and competitive when theres an official system?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    I was never a guild/clan person. I enjoy working to get everything for myself and not relying on others; gives you more sense of worth IMO. Although I help friends out all the time, I would never commit to a guild. Besides PvP (which is very flawed) purposes, I don't see a real need for guilds in PL.
    I think thats more reason there should be guilds in PL though. I will admit guilds will be better in this game. Not like other MMO's were Guild Leaders require you to farm resources for them so they can level or you get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    I kind of feel the same way as you, phar. I've been there and done that with guilds, not sure if I need / want to join another.
    Agreed. This is certainly not my first MMO. Been in many guilds and seen many Casual guilds crumble under the lure of greed and power.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 01-13-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

if you really feel insecure about guilds, you can leave anytime. if afraid of ties, make sure to get your own armor sets so you wont be stripped of borrowed guild property. if you wish to keep it from happening, come up with a checks and balances system of guild management.
    actually that is not a bad idea.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

if you really feel insecure about guilds, you can leave anytime. if afraid of ties, make sure to get your own armor sets so you wont be stripped of borrowed guild property. if you wish to keep it from happening, come up with a checks and balances system of guild management.
    actually that is not a bad idea.
    What about the time invested into the guild? Can't refund that . IF they make a guild system that is pretty secure and doesn't give one player absolute power then I will think about joining a guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

time to emulate some government system... checks and balances people, checks and balances...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Sweet! Kossi listed me first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Sweet! Kossi listed me first
    And he listed me second! Maybe because I'm temperamental all the time, one second I'm chill and talking to you, then the next I flip out on you . Might be bipolar. LOL
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    And he listed me second! Maybe because I'm temperamental all the time, one second I'm chill and talking to you, then the next I flip out on you . Might be bipolar. LOL
    I'm the same way when you use that damn stylus -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm the same way when you use that damn stylus -.-
    I have NO IDEA what you are talking about? What stylus .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about? What stylus .
    -____________________-

You're not fooling anyone!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

-____________________-

You're not fooling anyone!!!!
    Do you have proof I have this so called stylus? And if I do what and how do I use it for? Because I don't know why I would need a stylus when I can use my fingers to play PL .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Do you have proof I have this so called stylus? And if I do what and how do I use it for? Because I don't know why I would need a stylus when I can use my fingers to play PL .
    So that you can hit 6 skills at once -.-.-.-.-.-

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Decision made . Never ever joining a guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that completely killed the post..

If I may speculate, please correct me if I am wrong.

Pharcyde, you seem the type who likes to win, and enjoys being the best at whatever it is that you do. When you enter some sort of agreement or deal or whatever sort of binding contract of any type you dedicate yourself to being the best. A casual guild that boasts large amounts of members and a carefree attitude with no obligations would seem a guild you would be least interested in. However, a small tight knit guild, that focuses on teamwork (when the game requires) and has the same passion and drive to be the best, seems like it would be a better fit than you know!

Let me know if this is correct or if I am just way off mark.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh, I am on the same fence as pharcyde. There is one I'm thinking of joining, but only because I really like the people. They are still my friends if I don't join. I'm not one that likes to be tied down. I am loyal to my friends, I don't want to ever feel like I HAVE to be loyal to anyone. I'm more of the rebellious, free-spirit person.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Well that completely killed the post..

If I may speculate, please correct me if I am wrong.

Pharcyde, you seem the type who likes to win, and enjoys being the best at whatever it is that you do. When you enter some sort of agreement or deal or whatever sort of binding contract of any type you dedicate yourself to being the best. A casual guild that boasts large amounts of members and a carefree attitude with no obligations would seem a guild you would be least interested in. However, a small tight knit guild, that focuses on teamwork (when the game requires) and has the same passion and drive to be the best, seems like it would be a better fit than you know!

Let me know if this is correct or if I am just way off mark.
    Sorry but totally off

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Meh, I am on the same fence as pharcyde. There is one I'm thinking of joining, but only because I really like the people. They are still my friends if I don't join. I'm not one that likes to be tied down. I am loyal to my friends, I don't want to ever feel like I HAVE to be loyal to anyone. I'm more of the rebellious, free-spirit person.
    I'm like that in real life too. So why submit my loyalty to a virtual gamer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I'm like that in real life too. So why submit my loyalty to a virtual gamer?
    im not submitting loyalty.
    I found a guild with most of the best players and the ones I know the most and so i join, so when the system comes out i dont have to worry about ordering my friend list (1k people i think lol)
    I really dont think a guild in a casual game will punish you for not showing up some day. its not like we even have mega instances.

cmon, im pretty much done convincing you for aeo, but just upset with your misconceptions. this is NOT WoW.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

cmon, im pretty much done convincing you for aeo, but just upset with your misconceptions. this is NOT WoW.
    Understandable, I am not just referring to WoW though. I have played other casual games with extreme guild systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Understandable, I am not just referring to WoW though. I have played other casual games with extreme guild systems.
    they are usually extreme for a reason. most browser text mmos have pvp that hurts people, so it is extreme. here, there is just no way for one player to go and mess up another players game! i suggested a couple of guild system utilities such as recallable guild bank in order to fix the guild item runs and ranks so that random joiners cant just edit important stuff.

phar, you know what you could be doing? since we all obviously have no idea how it is outside of PL, please go through your list of problems and try offering solutions or how you think PL could avoid it in game. either by how a system works, player actions or dev interventions. i am officially getting slightly exasperated with this holier and know more than thou mentality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LOL pharcyde we should make our own guild k k XD your mage my bird lets goooooooooo
    Characters- GreekMuscle LvL 50 Pure Int Mage (Shadow) GreekMusclez LvL 50 Pure Dex Bird (Void/Shadow/Sunblessed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I am not a joiner of cliques, either. I think I would prefer to be known more as a great player than as a high ranking guild officer. I did join Caberos' guild because it has goals based on the game itself, but if I ever felt uncomfortable, I would just leave it. Anyway, if your character dies, that character is automatically no longer in the guild. I don't know about that Area of Effect guild. It looks like a bunch of old farts. (j/k) I'm sure they would rather run together because they are just familiar with each other now. Can't blame anyone for that. So I guess to most people, a guild is a group of people you trust, and with whom you like to run. But remember, I am a noob at MMOs. I've never played one before this. I have no idea, really, how guilds will work in the game.