Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Guide] The Definitive Guide to Speed Leveling and Kraag Tomb 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

KT4 is undoubtedly best essence farming for event, you will get mostly energy essence, then elondrian, then glacial, and a few fire...never once seen a blood essence from that area which is good for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

^ ^ ^

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Hey, very nice guide, kill points help a lot in soloing tombs. But although your announced time of soloing this tomb with rogue is 2.5 mins, my rogue (lvl 36, no mythics, no supergems, using lvl 36 quills of brutality) soloes this tomb for about 3.5 mins. My build is standard (max aim+max nox+1/5 piercer+4/5 veil), at kill points I use veil+charged nox+uncharged aim (for crit boost)+auto-attack spam. Am I doing something wrong, or it's all just about gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It gets faster as you get more practiced at it and optimize your pulls. Daggers are faster than bow, in general.

Still 3.5 is a pretty decent time. This guide was made at the end of season 5, so using mostly level 36 end-of-season stats. It needs to be remembered that tomb mobs scale with your level also. Any increase in time here will apply across all tombs though, so the comparison numbers remain accurate. For a full run including all bosses and mobs, I'm about 3 minutes solo at level 41 with tons of experience in the map, so you're on track.

Also something I've noticed, is that your run times will get faster if you repeatedly use charged nox when doing the pulls. This is because it spreads the poison through the groups of mobs, so by the time you get back into the alcove to killl them in a bunch, many are already at low health.

(Disclaimer: This charged nox approach does not apply to lb speed running, just soloing this style tomb with mid-high density mob population)
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Hey, very nice guide, kill points help a lot in soloing tombs. But although your announced time of soloing this tomb with rogue is 2.5 mins, my rogue (lvl 36, no mythics, no supergems, using lvl 36 quills of brutality) soloes this tomb for about 3.5 mins. My build is standard (max aim+max nox+1/5 piercer+4/5 veil), at kill points I use veil+charged nox+uncharged aim (for crit boost)+auto-attack spam. Am I doing something wrong, or it's all just about gear?
    Sera is a pro speed runner. I complete the tomb in around the same time as you on my rogue. I use the same strategy as you and have similar gear. I may give it a go using daggers and see what difference that makes. Also, something tells me that I would be quicker on Chrome. I pot a lot as a rogue and on tabs or phones you have to take your finger off the attack to spam pots. The other option is to take your thumb off the movement joystick(good in elites) but I don't like standing still in tombs. Take far too much damage that way. On the cpu you can do both at once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Sera is a pro speed runner. I complete the tomb in around the same time as you on my rogue. I use the same strategy as you and have similar gear. I may give it a go using daggers and see what difference that makes. Also, something tells me that I would be quicker on Chrome. I pot a lot as a rogue and on tabs or phones you have to take your finger off the attack to spam pots. The other option is to take your thumb off the movement joystick(good in elites) but I don't like standing still in tombs. Take far too much damage that way. On the cpu you can do both at once.
    I prefer daggers in tombs, because mobs at kill points are tightly packed, so losing multiple target attack for the sake of little damage increase is unreasonable, I think.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoloToha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

If only we could actually get more people in Kraag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Awesome Guide! I shall try this when i decide to cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Besides, Razor shield works pretty well when soloing kt4. If you have upgrades for duration and bleed (dodge is recommended, too, but not spinning freedom), you can speed up your runs by 20-30 secs (if you didn't use it). Unfortunately, your pet stays out of kill point and can't provide you with his buff, so charging your razors and then tapping Ribbit's/Gyrm's AA won't work(( Anyway, you can spam uncharged aimed and have a constant +30% crit boost, which is pretty decent.
    Last edited by MoloToha; 07-27-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

On next lvl cap, should make a race between two teams, one in wt4 and one in kt4. All top50 what i know lvld in wt4 this season so im a bit sceptic but never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I was hoping to do this last cap, but was 3 hours late starting due to work, so it screwed the plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It gets faster as you get more practiced at it and optimize your pulls. Daggers are faster than bow, in general.

Still 3.5 is a pretty decent time. This guide was made at the end of season 5, so using mostly level 36 end-of-season stats. It needs to be remembered that tomb mobs scale with your level also. Any increase in time here will apply across all tombs though, so the comparison numbers remain accurate. For a full run including all bosses and mobs, I'm about 3 minutes solo at level 41 with tons of experience in the map, so you're on track.

Also something I've noticed, is that your run times will get faster if you repeatedly use charged nox when doing the pulls. This is because it spreads the poison through the groups of mobs, so by the time you get back into the alcove to killl them in a bunch, many are already at low health.

(Disclaimer: This charged nox approach does not apply to lb speed running, just soloing this style tomb with mid-high density mob population)
    I can vouch a 100% for this nox is a must... bleeding ticks spread well the more closer the mobs are the more the chance the nox will spread and it doesn't get much closer than in these areas.

I know where I'll be next level cap... js. :^} And actually during level cap the essences are a pain in the u know cause they fill ur inventory o.O

Also I'm not going into any detail... but there's an easier way to get the essences.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 07-29-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Boulder. No details needed. Lol It's not a big secret.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

just wanna confirm.....skeletons spawned by witchs really dont give exp? exp only shows integers,sometime, kill two mobs will give you 1 exp....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    just wanna confirm.....skeletons spawned by witchs really dont give exp? exp only shows integers,sometime, kill two mobs will give you 1 exp....
    actually...

the witches who summon the skeleton mobs have 0% of exp in them ,

in kt4 i saw my kills were more than that of WT4

if exp shows integers thats true , but killing 2 mobs can give you 1 exp only if your in a low lvl zone for example my lvl 13 twink got 1 exp from killing 5 mobs in [brakenridge] brakenridge

if your at a zone where an XP and its embedded in a symbol like this(/) means the exp produced from mobs is ULTRA LOW

its best recommended to go to a high level zone for better EXP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I have confirmed with extensive testing. The mobs summoned by witches give 0xp and 0 kills. You can test on the first witches in WT3. They are there clean. You will get one kill for each witch and none for the mobs. 0 kill= 0 exp. That's 12 skellies if you let them summon all, so eliminates fractional exp.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-19-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I have confirmed with extensive testing. The mobs summoned by witches give 0xp and 0 kills. You can test on the first witches in WT3. They are there clean. You will get one kill for each witch and none for the mobs. 0 kill= 0 exp. That's 12 skellies if you let them summon all, so eliminates fractional exp.
    that doesnt sound good for twinks who aim to level up in WT4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You can level up just fine in WT4. There's still mobs there that count. You're just killing a lot of extra that don't, which isn't really an efficient use of time, pots and energy. That is the reason I made this guide, to provide people with a more efficient alternative. Information is power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

your guide gets an A++ and can be stickied since 98.97% of the people believe that WT4 is a great EXP run ZONE, which is an obviously FALSE , i had levelled up to 25 in KT4 when i met some people who said WT4 =>> MORE EXP bro go farm there , from then on i regret till now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It would be a good idea for it to be stickied, but I think that's up to the mods.