Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What the new Nekro quest means for most players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I went to the quest guy just to see how does it look like, accepted quest, deleted quest, back on selling elixirs,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arpluvial View Post
    Hey guys, let's make sure to keep the feedback constructive. Feel free to let us know what you like and don't like about the event.
    We would like to see just one single arcane or mythic item that has nothing to do with locked crates or plat and instead must be earned by hard work. Can't we just have that once?

I certainly understand that STS must bring in revenue, but you are going to kill this game in the process. The best gear/pets that can be had consist of mythic & arcane weapons, arcane ring, and arcane pets, and all of them come from locked crates. How about introducing something, just one single item that is the best of its kind, that is NOT in locked crates and instead must be earned.

We all understand that most items cannot be like that, but how about ONE that is that way. I think that would make a lot of folks happy.

I'm in no way suggesting that such an item be easy to acquire. I'm just suggesting that it be free to acquire. It should be super hard to acquire and really take some grinding and luck. It looks like this Nekro quest may be like that, but the problem is the fossil that nobody will be able to get, and therefore it becomes a waste for anyone to even bother doing the quest prior to acquiring the fossil, which 99% of the players will never do.

I do understand that an arcane shard (or arcane weapons) can be looted from an elite golden chest, but I'd have better odds winning the lottery. I've run elite dungeons hundreds of times this season, and probably have looted an elite golden chest maybe twice. And you probably need a few thousand of those to have a good chance to loot an arcane shard. It's fair to say that if arcane shards only came in elite golden chests and not in locked crates, there would be maybe 5 arcane rings in the game.

I think we would all like to see a quest where we can craft an arcane (or mythic) item that is the best of its kind, and where all the crafting elements needed are direct drops from mobs or bosses, no matter how rare they may be. I think that would make a ton of folks including me very happy. Just make sure to keep the crafting items super rare, and also keep them equally rare so that one single crafting item does NOT become the next arcane shard/fossil. Let them all be equally desired and rare, so crafting this item is like a puzzle and not a task where 99% is easy and one single items stands in the way.

How about some multi stage crafting, where you need multiple recipes and multiple crafting items. Look at PL crafting of demonic items for an example of what I'm talking about. We need something like that.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-01-2014 at 12:44 AM.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hey guys, let's make sure to keep the feedback constructive. Feel free to let us know what you like and don't like about the event.
    i think many many feedback has already been given against crate popping events. we just dont feel that you guys listen. the points given here are valid IMO. if we dont have an arcane fossil its no use getting the other recipes. Prove that you listen, respond to this and give us an alternative way to get the arcane fossil without having to open locked crates.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IshoootU For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    We would like to see just one single arcane or mythic item that has nothing to do with locked crates or plat and instead must be earned by hard work. Can't we just have that once?

I certainly understand that STS must bring in revenue, but you are going to kill this game in the process. The best gear/pets that can be had consist of mythic & arcane weapons, arcane ring, and arcane pets, and all of them come from locked crates. How about introducing something, just one single item that is the best of its kind, that is NOT in locked crates and instead must be earned.

We all understand that most items cannot be like that, but how about ONE that is that way. I think that would make a lot of folks happy.

I'm in no way suggesting that such an item be easy to acquire. I'm just suggesting that it be free to acquire. It should be super hard to acquire and really take some grinding and luck. It looks like this Nekro quest may be like that, but the problem is the fossil that nobody will be able to get, and therefore it becomes a waste for anyone to even bother doing the quest prior to acquiring the fossil, which 99% of the players will never do.

I do understand that an arcane shard (or arcane weapons) can be looted from an elite golden chest, but I'd have better odds winning the lottery. I've run elite dungeons hundreds of times this season, and probably have looted an elite golden chest maybe twice. And you probably need a few thousand of those to have a good chance to loot an arcane shard. It's fair to say that if arcane shards only came in elite golden chests and not in locked crates, there would be maybe 5 mythic rings in the game.

I think we would all like to see a quest where we can craft an arcane (or mythic) item that is the best of its kind, and where all the crafting elements needed are direct drops from mobs or bosses, no matter how rare they may be. I think that would make a ton of folks including me very happy.
    STS doesn't care bro, they just want money money $$$$

I waited a month after ursoth for something fun to do and we get this? Back to heroes of order and chaos.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    I'm sure it's in their best financial interest to make sure this game has some longevity and does not die like PL, DL and SL did. Keep the player base happy and keeping them very active is the best way to ensure that. New players come all the time. What makes a game plateau and later decline is when more people are leaving than coming.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

opened a few locked crates. no arcane fossil. no reason at all for me to do the damn quest. i will never in my wildest dreams be able to afford an arcane fossil.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

maybe a quest for non plat users to craft a seasonal banner/or helm for the event...revealing 1 of 5 sets available at random (some more rarer than others, a few being ultra rare). a quest that obviously doesnt require an arcane shard to craft the item, and wont get people mad about stat comparisons to other "arcane" items. just a quest for collectability and looks. i think that would be nice...it would still get everyone to start running elite dungeons, thats for sure....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arpluvial:1759764
    Event? Does this mean its a limited time? I dont think so but if it is, that would make this situation bad in my opinion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm sure it's in their best financial interest to make sure this game has some longevity and does not die like PL, DL and SL did. Keep the player base happy and keeping them very active is the best way to ensure that. New players come all the time. What makes a game plateau and later decline is when more people are leaving than coming.
    I haven't player the other legend games but I don't think STS learns from their mistakes.

If this game dies they will make another one to get more money money $$$$, that's how they do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I think its a good idea, to have some crafting ingredients from elite bosses bad thing is its only uses are for NEKRO. If i remember correctly arcane shard is under a section of arcane rarity of "weapons" which is rarer to get than eggs, if so then arcane fossil will also be on "weapon" category? Sad Nekro was nerfed without even testing it in game and seeing how potent its original stats is in game. STS pls study about ektoplasms other uses, such as a new gem.

on negative commenter, you guys realize there are lots and lots of people who just play the game and leave the mechanic to STS. like NIKE's slogan "juts do it" lets apply to

"Juts play it"
    Last edited by epicrrr; 08-01-2014 at 02:14 AM.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

How does one keep feedback constructive? The community is not liking it, plain and simple. The masses are awakening (hopefully) .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Stop complaining you can no event if you like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I haven't player the other legend games but I don't think STS learns from their mistakes.

If this game dies they will make another one to get more money money $$$$, that's how they do it.

Name:  milking_cow_illustration.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  102.7 KB

True that. It's a no brainer how this company works and here's the cycle:

1. Make a game
    2. Get people to like the game (best items farmable and let these people be rewarded for their hardwork)
    3. Introduce the plat sucking phase - locked crates which cost plat to open
    4. Get people to open locked crates by placing the best items in game through locked crates
    5. Introduce more ways to suck plat like event energies, quests like the Nekro crafting scheme, etc
    6. Develop a new game and repeat nos 2-6.

I'm sure our veterans from PL, DL, and SL could fill in for this
    duck dynasty falls

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

What we like: not pay to win
    What we don't like: pay to win
    What we get: pay to win
    IT IS SIMPLE!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just an idea..sts shud make the arcane fossil drop from lock like another mythic like a lunar/doom, but shud make the parchment drop from elite bosses very very rare(perhaps most rare drop in the game).. Helps both lock poppers and farmers same time n also gives us farmers something to do.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sunny2306 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

for rich players is not the problem, it is not difficult for them. because they have all the expensive stuff.! but for most of us who use a legendary item, this is very difficult

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Just give us some places to farm something that is decent and can be sold for a fair amount of gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I waited a month after ursoth for something fun to do and we get this? Back to heroes of order and chaos.
    Heroes Order and Chaos.. yes it is a good game. I like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    It's a no brainer how this company works and here's the cycle:

1. Make a game
    2. Get people to like the game (best items farmable and let these people be rewarded for their hardwork)
    3. Introduce the plat sucking phase - locked crates which cost plat to open
    4. Get people to open locked crates by placing the best items in game through locked crates
    5. Introduce more ways to suck plat like event energies, quests like the Nekro crafting scheme, etc
    6. Develop a new game and repeat nos 2-6.

I'm sure our veterans from PL, DL, and SL could fill in for this
    All best gear was always farmable in other STG games. PL, DL & SL actually were quite extraordinary free to play games as they completely lacked the pay to win aspect.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wake up everyone, this is business for them, its normal for a business man finding a way for more profit. U dont like this game anymore? Just quit like some ppl did. Or you still wanna play this game for free? Just enjoy playin and stop complaining about anything.

READY TO TRAIN, READY TO KILL, READY TO DIE