Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2014-08-04 Content Update (154332)

sinfulbreeze

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    Regarding that Lil Groath glitch, that may be bigger problem. If some players used this to earn rings on non-capped toons, it's really something beyond fair play. It's against non-capped players but also against these who were 77 bud didn't know about this opportunity. I'd vote for fixing this and removing all bonuses which were not gotten fairly
    This however i disagree with. For those of use not fortunate enough to reach the previous caps before the updates, are shorted the boost and extra potential of having better stats and a lil glow to their character. I for one was two days short of capping in the previous caps starting from mnt fang. while only a few thousand xp away from reaching that lvl, i was cut short by the release of humania and didn't get the all favored ring of valiance that i should have gotten. and again with the update of 76 i didn't get to cap for humania either, which led to me quitting for a period of time. its not easy to find time to play this game, with some levels taking anywhere from 8-10 mins to simply clear, it adds up when theres the whole A/O area with 3 different levels and 100-180 enemies per map, it does take a long time. so I ask the sts developers to leave gorath stash-able. let those players, like me, who came close to reaching those previous caps, have their glory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I remember when human was released fang elite vanity was still available then I lvled up my mage from 63-66 and got that vanity but next day devs fixed all this and that vanity was taken away from my inventory.

Something should be happened in this case also, the 2 / 3 PC ring should taken away from all the alts who got it from this glitch and simply sets can put this on all l77 chars.

Or this something that devs want to give the benefit of capping so early? Should have mentioned this then....(#sounfair)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WorstBird View Post
    I remember when human was released fang elite vanity was still available then I lvled up my mage from 63-66 and got that vanity but next day devs fixed all this and that vanity was taken away from my inventory.

Something should be happened in this case also, the 2 / 3 PC ring should taken away from all the alts who got it from this glitch and simply sets can put this on all l77 chars.

Or this something that devs want to give the benefit of capping so early? Should have mentioned this then....(#sounfair)
    Woa, I entirely agree.

Not to mention from STS' perspective, they're not going to sell as much plat if they leave the rings in. A lot of people had 2 piece 76s and put the pet on there to make them 3 piece. Many of those players probably won't go to the effort of capping their 76 now that they have a 3 piece ring on them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I would be lying if I said that I don't slightly admire all those guys who doesn't hesistate and flush 2k ish amounts of plat for Plasma/Maze capping. There is something about it - this hunger for being fast, this effort and usually like no-break 15 hours marathon... Yea, it's cool though. But is it really that god-like to feel so harmed of not getting some title? How about grinding in regular dungeons, spending long hours to get few thousands of exp - isn't that also pretty good? All those masters who cutted their way to 77 can profit on way better drops now, most of them I know are earning millions per day. I think that's already some nice reward for being fast, because that's all i think about that: it's fast. Not proving any special skills, powers, luck, knowledke or whatever And taking the fact that "someone got title earlier" as a reason is really a little bit childish.

Regarding that Lil Groath glitch, that may be bigger problem. If some players used this to earn rings on non-capped toons, it's really something beyond fair play. It's against non-capped players but also against these who were 77 bud didn't know about this opportunity. I'd vote for fixing this and removing all bonuses which were not gotten fairly
    finally someone who doesnīt defend that glitch because he exploited it much. (got no thank left atm)
    Last edited by stricker20000; 08-05-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinfulbreeze View Post
    This however i disagree with. For those of use not fortunate enough to reach the previous caps before the updates, are shorted the boost and extra potential of having better stats and a lil glow to their character. I for one was two days short of capping in the previous caps starting from mnt fang. while only a few thousand xp away from reaching that lvl, i was cut short by the release of humania and didn't get the all favored ring of valiance that i should have gotten. and again with the update of 76 i didn't get to cap for humania either, which led to me quitting for a period of time. its not easy to find time to play this game, with some levels taking anywhere from 8-10 mins to simply clear, it adds up when theres the whole A/O area with 3 different levels and 100-180 enemies per map, it does take a long time. so I ask the sts developers to leave gorath stash-able. let those players, like me, who came close to reaching those previous caps, have their glory.
    that sux that you didnīt reach caps but thats no reason to give that unfair exploit advantage... first of all way not all players who havenīt got ring yet did profit of this glitch; second if the glitch was removed the opportunity for other players to have this chances is taken away so its unfair that some players exploited this glitch -> remove it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I have to agree with removing rings not really fair they didn't cap to get the next ring up..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synfullmagic_23110 View Post
    Am just saying they don't are enough to fox issues
    Ohh, I fully understand now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

My Lil Gorath now stuck im my L75 Rhino toon

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    My Lil Gorath now stuck im my L75 Rhino toon
    well they need to fix this and along with this they need to fix the exploited rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would be lying if I said that I don't slightly admire all those guys who doesn't hesistate and flush 2k ish amounts of plat for Plasma/Maze capping. There is something about it - this hunger for being fast, this effort and usually like no-break 15 hours marathon... Yea, it's cool though. But is it really that god-like to feel so harmed of not getting some title? How about grinding in regular dungeons, spending long hours to get few thousands of exp - isn't that also pretty good? All those masters who cutted their way to 77 can profit on way better drops now, most of them I know are earning millions per day. I think that's already some nice reward for being fast, because that's all i think about that: it's fast. Not proving any special skills, powers, luck, knowledke or whatever And taking the fact that "someone got title earlier"
    Obviously you don't know me well. I've capped many toons the way you described, I've done it both ways.. But this time I was one of the first. So sorry you don't understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    finally someone who doesnīt defend that glitch because he exploited it much. (got no thank left atm)
    Fortunately I have some thanks available Anyway I think this issue is not much to discuss on. It's pretty apparent what is fair and correct.

@sinfulbreeze I'd be feeling sorry for you unless your selfish comments and requests. The group of players who were close to cap in fang is huge, me included. But the rules were set up clearly, we both knew the date of update, which also had been prolonged on the requests of players who were close to cap. No matter what reason made you (or me) not make it, we simply didn't. That doesn't mean you "should have gotten" anything or that you deserve some special glory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starryshine View Post
    Obviously you don't know me well. I've capped many toons the way you described, I've done it both ways.. But this time I was one of the first. So sorry you don't understand.
    The only relation between mine and your post above is the order... I was writing as a response to previous comments, not exactly yours (well actually not yours at all because I wrote it looking at page 2). So however true, I don't know you well, I'm not sure what do you mean by your reply. I fully understand why you wanted to be one of the first, what I said was that I don't see anything so freakin special about it Still I admire those who did that in a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

well hard to believe that someone makes 300k xp in 2days without using enable but it sure is possible if u play 24/7 fully enhanced.... anyways this isnīt even the point.
    The point is that some people say the glitch is just fair because they have capped so fast, but as BroadCastle mentioned there are also people who want to do it the usual (non-enable) way and since the glitch was not announced as a "reward" itīs results have to be fixed.
    Be happy if u made it fast but stay on topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Elite Cut Throat Title was originally created for the level 76 title. It isn't hooked up for level 77 and it wasn't on our radar for this level cap raise. It may be something we can retroactively apply in the future, but we don't currently have plans to do so.
    Please Sam do consider awarding some kind of title or something else. You know how long and hard it is capping to 77 in less than a week, and considering the amount of platinum spent this time I'd say that the early caps do deserve something.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Alessandro Bamba View Post
    Please Sam do consider awarding some kind of title or something else. You know how long and hard it is capping to 77 in less than a week, and considering the amount of platinum spent this time I'd say that the early caps do deserve something.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL utilizzando Tapatalk
    well it was officially known that there is no reward for capping early...so why people even though cap early and then beg for a reward? no reward was intended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Alessandro Bamba View Post
    For a while, let us forget about this "something deserves something" discussion, because it's uneasy to decide who is right in this point. Let's rather talk about some order and fair rules for everyone. Imagine that devs go ahead and give you some special reward even though there was nothing like that announced. I guarantee you there would new bunch of complainers appear. They would say they didn't cap fast just because they knew there is no reward. Of course, if they only knew there would be something special for them, they would cap in few days too. Gotcha? Those players would be in bigger right to complain then those who complain now.

I hope you got me. Not trying to make light of what all those fast 77's have done. Not claiming that something is deserved or not. Just pointing out the facts of fair play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well "special", like discontinued ones. u know.. like the little luck hat
    Oh off topic like this little gem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The topic of this thread is content oooooh scandalous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well it was officially known that there is no reward for capping early...so why people even though cap early and then beg for a reward? no reward was intended
    How was this officially known? I saw no announcement regarding. Please attribute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Oh off topic like this little gem?
    lol...the topic of the post you was referring to...