devil's advocate here... if i'm in an elite dungeon or just a dungeon where my group is nonstop running and agroing all the mobs possible all the time, there's no time to open chat and have a huge block of on screen letters take up my visibility just to say Thanks for the revive. even a simple TY can cause the entire group to wipe or me to just get killed again because i'm trying to say something.

when i'm on my enchantress, revives are implied. noone else can do it, if someone dies it's my job to revive them. if i went to the store and bought a box of nails because i needed them, i wouldn't go out of my way to say thanks because it's the salesman's job to ring me up. and i certainly wouldn't take the time to say thanks if a part of the ceiling was about to fall on me and kill me, it's not his job to revive me and if he did, then i'd say thanks.

so if i'm playing and run out of potions and someone gives them to me, going out of their way to do something that they didn't have to do, they get a thanks, and if i walk into a dungeon and say hello, well, i usually get a bunch of questions or friend requests. i'd prefer to be left alone, i came in to kill stuff not have a chit chat

hello, thank you, and good bye