Thread: [Suggestion] Simplify enemies movement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Simplify enemies movement

this is still a suspicion, but i saw most normal enemies, especially in elite, try to move very smart, e.g.: circling clock's aoe to avoid getting rooted, avoiding traps, scrambling after getting pulled by traps, or even kiting

please just please, remove this feature, it is okay for boss, but for normal mobs? c'mon
    and this is still a suspicion, but complex algorithm like this only make things complicated and laggy (imagine all this 'smart' algorithm done in every mobs, every maps played), and probably this is the cause of recent lags/dc

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Sure, let's make elite even more simpler.. No strategy, just pot spam and skill spam even more.

I don't know about you, but games like that will get boring.

There's a reason why AI was created. There's also a reason why games like COD/Battlefield are better on multiplayer than singleplayer campaign. The games are always exciting since you don't know what to expect. Variety is the spice of life.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i know, that's why i only complain now, just after the spikes and disconnections happen everywhere.

you'd really rather playing a smart, but laggy game? not me though...

and also, if you really know about AI, AI is meant to work slowly... at least that's what my professor said to me :P, lol

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    i know, that's why i only complain now, just after the spikes and disconnections happen everywhere.

and also, if you really know about AI, AI is meant to work slowly... at least that's what my professor said to me :P, lol

thanks
    Uhhh, in most games you can adjust the AI. And the AI is supposed to be smart if you want to have fun. I remember when I played NHL 07. Hockey game. Was so easy to be the computer because I eventually figured out the tendencies. Now, they have it where the AI adjusts to YOU. Makes the games much more fun. They should have that in AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post

thanks
    It would make more sense to fix the lag problems than to revamp the AI.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Uhhh, in most games you can adjust the AI. And the AI is supposed to be smart if you want to have fun. I remember when I played NHL 07. Hockey game. Was so easy to be the computer because I eventually figured out the tendencies. Now, they have it where the AI adjusts to YOU. Makes the games much more fun. They should have that in AL
    well... i suppose that is offline game, am i right? i can't find another reason on why elite maps has a relatively more lags than normal maps, and this game is not a roaming online game, the burden of running the enemies algorithm are multiplied by number of maps created and number of mobs, and afaik the hardest and trickiest things to do i mmorpg are mostly pvp, or fighting another player, it is okay to have smart computation or else, but don't make it lag, and guys... those are mobs... boss should normally harder than mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    It would make more sense to fix the lag problems than to revamp the AI.
    i guess so :P, but that can't solve why elite maps are relatively laggy, and pretty much frustrated why a pretty much normal latency of 300ms can make the games not responsive enough