Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We will never get buffed in pvp. :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlis View Post
    Lmao we are talking about mages buff here, right? And you are saying that you can't ask STS to buff mages? Imo your all gave suggestion were total nonsense. Do a video there you own maxed rogue and tank in real 1v1. Btw If you put more points to strength, you won't do enough damage to kill tank or rogue without stunlock.
    Look, I made my mage back in season 2 and have witnessed pvp with and without stun immunity. Without it, fb and charged weapon stun are OP.
    Also, it would've helped if were actually reading my whole post because what I said was that you can't ask STS to buff mages altogether, from L1 to L41, just because certain people don't have the extra skill needed to play the class. You are probably included in that group.

Part two, it takes no luck to kill a rogue with gnarled myth gun and sam at L41. In fact, it can even happen without stunlock from AA because a crit combo of fb-light-ice (~30% crit atm) can one-combo any rogue with less than 3.8k HP -1.4k armor. Apart from certain tanks, the rest can definitely bite dust if you're using the right pvp spec, keep distance and know your combo timings. You can choose to increase STR in your spec without sacrificing too much damage by using defensive gear like talisman ammy or an HP ring with elon shards. But again, this is endgame and like I also mentioned, mages are doing absolutely fine there at the moment.

Pertaining the speed buff I suggested, let me explain. Increasing a mage's speed to 25% (using a mythic pet with speed buff) gives room for reaction; for example, when spotting an enemy in TDM by giving you the upper hand in throwing the first fireball stun or approaching fast enough to land a time shift afterwards on a stunned bunch of opponents (TS is great in PvP if used correctly). This way with a bit of practice you can always start with charged FB instead of shield and have real surviving chances, something that nearly doubles the effectiveness of the shield and your survivability alike.

I'd advise you to try actively playing the other classes before forming an opinion about how balanced the mage class is -- or is not -- in PvP because all I read from your post were extreme OP suggestions with no solid explanation. Like it's been pointed out countless times, you're looking at PvP from a 1v1 point of view, which is not how PvP was designed to be played (notice how both PvP maps are team vs team?).
    Last edited by Madnex; 09-14-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Correction

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post: