Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ending Blocking in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

lol just in this thread there are like 2 ideas for new maps this has started like 4-5 months ago you think that if StS wanted to make that change it would have waited so long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    +1

STS should take a serious look at his 2nd proposed fix as it is a great idea and it will help end some of that dirty play. I copied and pasted it here for STS' convenience.

"2.Spot blocking- make the join button only available if there is a spot available on that players team, when you press the join button it teleports you directly to the corresponding players team."

Totally disagree with this. How am I supposed to kill Ravvy if I can't join the other team? Or you, for that matter? If I can't join a friend and fight against them, I would quit the game. They are the only ones worth fighting these days.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

No matter what approach they take its gonna piss some of us off and make some of us happy. If they do nothing....more and more lb players that have played this game since s1-s2 will be retiring. PVP is the only thing to do at endgame as theyve created a paradox with the locked drops. Nothing worth farming. So we PVP...now that isnt worth playing for at least 80% of the players out there who arent fortunate enough to have the new best weapons some of us have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    If you play enough, you end up playing them randomly. For example, if I had to guess, there will be a total of 10-15 players going to TDM at any point in time. So within a game or two, you'll have the choice to play against them.

This blocking or calling phenomenon doesn't happen at the start of the game. It usually happens later in the game, when players on Red team leave and Blue starts to gang or block because the other team has a rival gang [guild is not the correct term here] member. I understand your point though. Perhaps, this direct join (which bypasses the lobby) can happen after say when 5 or 10 points have been scored.

Another idea is to disallow anyone to join while the teams are even in the later rounds of a game. So, if the TDM score 15-17 and it's 3v3, don't allow anyone to join until someone leaves. I think this suggestion was more for CTF, where the death tolls don't end the game. I suppose there can be a time limit on when people can stop entering lobby and do a direct join instead.
    I have been playing pvp for a year and a half. Blocking has never been a problem for me because I don't give it the time of day. Blocking is a form of trolling. They want a reaction. If you don't give them one and ignore them, they get bored and go away.

Being in a neutral guild, you shouldn't be having block issues unless you are in a match with the dramalamas, in which case I suggest finding a game with mixed players. Nobody bothers blocking games with us or Chiv (or most other guilds, for that matter) because we are not involved in drama or guild wars. Blocking us has no benefits to the blocker. All it does is make us stronger by giving us a challenge.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk:1799513
    Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    ...unfortunately spot blocking is pretty common and people are mean so it won't stop.
    When i hear the word "block" allways 1 name comes to my mind xearthquakex. This guy is a block toon because he joins a game and blocks it i think i never saw him play to this point! He does good work for his guild, as Zeus said 5 or 4 in tdm were not enough!

So now i get an infraction because of insult of other players? Well, TY i care as much as STS for pvp changes/bug fixes/ listening to the community/ fixing kershal ! Have a nice day!
    Honestly, I couldn't give a horse's rump about whoever you're talking about.

Only developers can end spot-blocking - period.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Bottom line is you can't end blocking in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Blocking is almost totally limited to games involving the guilds who participate in it. These are the people with block-obsessions who tell me to leave as soon as I join a game. They automatically assume I am there to block before the room screen finishes loading, because someone in my guild is on the other team. Then if the same people find they are losing, it "must" be because of someone blocking because their egos say nobody could possibly kill them otherwise.

Normal people in normal guilds don't deal with this crap. We're not paranoid, we play fair, and anyone trying to block us gets bored real fast because they get nothing out of it. No reaction, no hissy-fits, and they don't make us lose either because we don't require our hands held by endless guild backup in order to play.

This is a problem of dramalama guilds, and threads like this always get shut down because they are just fodder for more of that drama, naming people and trash talking. If you don't like it, you do have the option to move to a pro circuit where people are normal and play with sportsmanship and maturity.
    this is nice for endgamers because some endgamers are mature. twinks ARE NOT MATURE. some are, 5%, most arent,95%, and so there will always be spot blocking. Then u ask "Why aren't you an endgamer then?" heres y. we have a total of 500k gold, or twinks r rich endgamers who suck at endgame so they twink to get easy kills.