So, I decided to continue digging a bit more and, using the data I already had, and Fluff's remark to track the Max and Min values, I created the following chart:

Name:  MaxMinDMG.JPG
Views: 632
Size:  52.2 KB

What is interesting to note is that as armor levels increase, the delta between max and min damage seems to shrink. This implies that with more armor, the damage received by a mob attack becomes more consistent and far less peaky. Note how there is an 800 DMG differential with no armor, and with 1900 armor, this differential is spread by about 270.

Even the differential between 1729 armor and 1900 tells a great deal. The max/min differential at 1729 is 370, and at 1900 is down to 270. This 100 point difference spread over all the hits that you would receive in the average elite Tindirin run would account for dozens of health pots. If your offensive damage outweighs your need for defense, just be mindful of the cost burden this choice brings.

Clearly, a good tank, or a pair of good crowd control sorcerers will help a great deal in the decision to spec for DMG or defense.

I would be curious to see if this max and min value is an individual calculation, or if it is a party based calculation.....anyone up for some testing?