Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite dungeon No fun with pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Elite dungeon No fun with pots

Sad you allow potions in Elite dungeon.

Not because it gets less hard, but because there is no more NEED to play your class as it's meant; Tank, DPS & Heal.

With pots 5 tanks can do it, none of them actually learning to keep aggro on you, 5 mages can do it etc.

To put is short; You took the ELITE out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baktus View Post
    Sad you allow potions in Elite dungeon.

Not because it gets less hard, but because there is no more NEED to play your class as it's meant; Tank, DPS & Heal.

With pots 5 tanks can do it, none of them actually learning to keep aggro on you, 5 mages can do it etc.

To put is short; You took the ELITE out of it
    fine remove the pot. option and I'd like to see how you'll deal with the bosses.

EDIT: well I've logged back in last night and noticed pots can be use in Frozen nightmare now -_-, so are you referring that map or the shadow caves? Well Frozen nightmare is pretty easy without pots specially with a good team but shadow caves, it's a different story considering the bosses can nearly KO you even with elixers, and btw my post was about the shadow cave dungeon and if it's Frozen nightmare you referring to then yes I do agree.
    Last edited by regie831; 01-25-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its not a matter of me, but forcing all to play clever.

I have cleared all elite bosses in parties with only level 30'ish players - who knew how to play - because we made sure the party was well balanced (and yes, we all played wow/other mmorpgs before).

Now with pots, I can't get anywhere because people play without caution and brain.

So the elite part is gone = no fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

u do have the choice to not pot right? freedom of choice is a great thing.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The pots were added since I started I think. I remember when I was on my first char and in my 30s or lower 40s joining a friend against Fridge and I'm pretty sure pots weren't available (can you say wipe? sure you can). Man, it was hard.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You always could use pots against fridge, he isn't part of an elite campaign

I may or may not be in a guild called The Rusher, where I may or may not enjoy myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Um, the pots are due to the shadow caves elite campaign. Do that one w/o pots and then come on here and say you need to remove pots from elite campaigns. Please? It should be quick, so hurry and come post.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pots don't seem to help much. Honestly, I still can't solo it. :P
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regie831 View Post
    if it's Frozen nightmare you referring to then yes I do agree.
    It is Frozen Nightmare i am talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I agree about it being a shame they added pots to FN, and I posted my thoughts in another thread. Sadly I don't think we'll see the dungeon returned to being "elite", so IMO they should just remove that title from it...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hey you wanna do some real challenging stuff ? Go Forest Haven and run through the dungeons without using potions nor elixirs. UNequip all your armors and weapons. Use only your SKILLS and normal attack.
    If you can survive it without dying ONCE .. guess what... you are TRULY an elite class player. OK ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    hey you wanna do some real challenging stuff ? Go Forest Haven and run through the dungeons without using potions nor elixirs. UNequip all your armors and weapons. Use only your SKILLS and normal attack.
    If you can survive it without dying ONCE .. guess what... you are TRULY an elite class player. OK ?
    This actually sounds like fun. Ima try it now. :P

Edit: Okay...that wasn't at all fun. Why would anyone want to do that on a phone?!
    Last edited by Tsarra; 01-26-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Lack of fun
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Umm guys, try looking at this through a lvl30s point of view. Im sure us 50s have died at least once in FN due to accidental aggro or what not, but to a lvl30, FN is their shadow caves...lvl50s playin a lvl30 dungeon and complaining about it being too easy? HAH!
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post

Edit: Okay...that wasn't at all fun. Why would anyone want to do that on a phone?!
    Not feeling elite anymore ? Hey, go ask your elite friends run through it with ya again "naked". If ya can all survive, you guys are truly elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Not feeling elite anymore ? Hey, go ask your elite friends run through it with ya again "naked". If ya can all survive, you guys are truly elite.
    Wow, what crawled up your....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    Umm guys, try looking at this through a lvl30s point of view. Im sure us 50s have died at least once in FN due to accidental aggro or what not, but to a lvl30, FN is their shadow caves...lvl50s playin a lvl30 dungeon and complaining about it being too easy? HAH!
    I made a level 30 with frozen XP gain just for FN, and logged many hours there with my 30 when it was actually elite. It was some of the best PvE fun I've had in this game with a good group. Why would you just assume people would be approaching it from that slanted perspective?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Wow, what crawled up your....?
    U did..........?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoy playing a game on my phone with a community and having fun. I do not enjoy shredding all of the skin off of my fingers, spending countless hours looking for groups that actually know what they are doing and generally beating a dead horse like trying to solo some of these areas definitely is. Let's remember, I may enjoy playing with you all, but that doesn't mean that I'm particularly adept at approaching any of you for a group. Nor should I have to be. I'm all for scaling difficulty based on number of players in the instance on these levels, but I doubt anyone would agree with that, so I've kept it off the suggestion board. It's bad enough I have to use an MMO wiki to translate a third of what's said on the forums into readable English, but now I have to be friendly with people who think that your level of skill on a phone game dictates your worth as a person if I want to get anything done???

So anyway, my Lost Expedition still says 14/16. It probably will for a while. I like it like that. I also die a lot when I solo Plasma Pyramid. And I like that too.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post

hehehe... had a good hearty giggle at this. *grin*

I agree with your other post as well. Some people take gaming far too seriously. My guild leader in another online game cursed me out and said I was a coward because I sacrificed myself for our guild. First of all, I sacrificed myself. Secondly, as online games have not become the barometer of bravery we had all hoped they would become, lay off the character assassinations, bud. Thirdly, I sacrificed myself. I do find it sort of hilarious that in this thread's case, someone is taking serious gaming too seriously. Ha.

Anyway, if you ever feel like teaming up for those last two quests, add my mage. No one should die alone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the next elite area, I heard we won't be allowed to touch the screen...