Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends 1.2 (Planar Arena) Client | Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

What is wrong? Well first second death probably is. I died so many times in arena, probably more than DiCaprio's oscars.

And when i join to the arena, fps drops to 5.

Fix it please.

-Prod

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Consider only resetting boss health when the gates open. Nothing takes the wind out of the sails like grinding a boss down to a sliver then getting one shot out of no where, use an Ankh and find out he is back to full health.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Increase the gladiator drops in those arena chests.

A guldie of mine opened 70 arena chests and didn't get a single gladiator inside of them. She spent over 1M on ahkh. That's a huge loss. We like to play hard content, but it does also need to be balanced with ability to farm and earn gold.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Increase the gladiator drops in those arena chests.

A guldie of mine opened 70 arena chests and didn't get a single gladiator inside of them. She spent over 1M on ahkh. That's a huge loss. We like to play hard content, but it does also need to be balanced with ability to farm and earn gold.
    Agree the loot is not equal to the pot n ankh usage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Here is a short list of boss abilities that are able to one-shot (3390 hp and 1504 armor rogue, solo mode) and are unavoidable. I'm sure that this list is even bigger when running in 4 member party. These should be nerfed in the first order:
    - Mother's ranged attack (i discovered that she has one)
    - Stahl's normal attack (lol?)
    - Glob's rush
    - Rutger's poison DoT (actually, it doesn't insta-kill, but it damages so hard that you will die even when you spam pots)
    A short list of attacks that insta-kill and hard to avoid. These should be nerfed in second order:
    - Vortex crystal explosion
    - Pumpkin explosion (only in party mode, in solo mode it damages me for something like 60-70% of my total hp)
    - Captain Bloodhammer's long-charging bomb attack (very wide range, deadly when combined with effects like vortex crystal)
    - Frostir's windup attacks (actually, they are easy to avoid, btu this slow area makes it impossible)
    I didn't encounter Lord Mardrom, is he included in boss list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Talking Arena is ok hard but...

Ok I almost completely agree with Jade and Candylicks comments here more than any of the others:
    Singe is now SO much more what he was supposed to be from the beginning. I have sam and singe and now singe is more inline and perhaps even surpassed sam finally. Props for devs SAM IS MUCH BETTER!

Overall the increased difficulty to arena Boss's is GOOD! It's supposed to be hard not easy but the big problem with this besides it being hard... IF YOU KILL HARD BOSSES the LOOT SHOULD REFLECT THIS! Between myself and one of my guildies we opened over 100 of the new elite arena chests and neither of us got a single piece of the new armor! The noble and architect stuff is worthless... I'd rather just get gold if this is going to be case. Running the arena on this hard level could be fine be we need loot that makes spending this much plat reviving and this much skill involved to loot the new chests NEEDS TO PAY US SOMETHING BACK! Otherwise it's going to cost more than it's worth to even run arena which I know wasn't what devs were going for. Ok now that that is out of the way...

The purple poison pools may be a little over the top for some players (even good ones) to handle. Also whatever the boss effect is that makes you slow down even when on speed lix and almost run in place and not even be able to run and avoid the bosses or other stuff (poison pools, mushrooms, spiders) needs to be gotten rid of altogether. I think I understand the what the idea was here but its not working... it's just dumb running in place not being able to move. If it's going to be this hard and there's only a few right ways to run to keep from dying... you need to be able to run.

Other than that I think peoples initial reaction (even mine) was a little premature to nerf everything right away but like I said above if it's going to be hard we need good loot payoff. I think we need as players to look at the Arena as whole new area... not a reproduction of the old arena even though there are similarities. Already after a couple days running arena we are discovering there are new strategies to running this and they are NEW. Also a tank helps here in the beginning much like one did in Tinderin when it was new. Full party is much much better than trying to solo or even in pair.

Also special props go to null_void because even though I couldn't see... knowing the pride he taking is his work as a programmer I'm sure that he was up for most of the first night Arena went live and I for one really appreciate his dedication to figuring out why some things didn't work exactly the way we thought they would. Also Sam and Remiem thanks for putting up with all of incessant crying esp. when the complaining isn't even with any supportive information that helps in any way. :^}

Keep up the good work... AL's development in partnership with players is why I still keep playing the game and it's appreciated by many others I know.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

My completed arena runs are with a 3 arcane ring party, sns etc. Only one completed pug run so far with 3 rogue. The other runs ended up with quit.

Limit the number of spiders and mushrooms please.

And this thing is kinda annoying:

Last edited by Haligali; 09-18-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

place is too small for vortex!!

GAME: ARCANE LEGENDS
    IGN: Sazib||Ieed LVL: 41
    GUILD: MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I just hope that not supporting solo mode anymore is a glitch....
    I desperately need /partyi 000 back... (btw what is the difference among 0, 1 or 000? I haven't seen any).

I also tested planar arena.
    Solo Rogue (1,4k+ armor 3k+ health).
    Mother killed me after a minute...
    My damage was like 2-3% - Elite Rendtail has weaker armor than that...
    Maybe I will test again at lvl46/51...
    Last edited by vfreakhun; 09-17-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    Ok I almost completely agree with Jade and Candylicks comments here more than any of the others:
    Singe is now SO much more what he was supposed to be from the beginning. I have sam and singe and now singe is more inline and perhaps even surpassed sam finally. Props for devs SAM IS MUCH BETTER!

Overall the increased difficulty to arena Boss's is GOOD! It's supposed to be hard not easy but the big problem with this besides it being hard... IF YOU KILL HARD BOSSES the LOOT SHOULD REFLECT THIS! Between myself and one of my guildies we opened over 100 of the new elite arena chests and neither of us got a single piece of the new armor! The noble and architect stuff is worthless... I'd rather just get gold if this is going to be case. Running the arena on this hard level could be fine be we need loot that makes spending this much plat reviving and this much skill involved to loot the new chests NEEDS TO PAY US SOMETHING BACK! Otherwise it's going to cost more than it's worth to even run arena which I know wasn't what devs were going for. Ok now that that is out of the way...

The purple poison pools may be a little over the top for some players (even good ones) to handle. Also whatever the boss effect is that makes you slow down even when on speed lix and almost run in place and not even be able to run and avoid the bosses or other stuff (poison pools, mushrooms, spiders) needs to be gotten rid of altogether. I think I understand the what the idea was here but its not working... it's just dumb running in place not being able to move. If it's going to be this hard and there's only a few right ways to run to keep from dying... you need to be able to run.

Other than that I think peoples initial reaction (even mine) was a little premature to nerf everything right away but like I said above if it's going to be hard we need good loot payoff. I think we need as players to look at the Arena as whole new area... not a reproduction of the old arena even though there are similarities. Already after a couple days running arena we are discovering there are new strategies to running this and they are NEW. Also a tank helps here in the beginning much like one did in Tinderin when it was new. Full party is much much better than trying to solo or even in pair.

Also special props go to null_void because even though I couldn't see... knowing the pride he taking is his work as a programmer I'm sure that he was up for most of the first night Arena went live and I for one really appreciate his dedication to figuring out why some things didn't work exactly the way we thought they would. Also Sam and Remiem thanks for putting up with all of incessant crying esp. when the complaining isn't even with any supportive information that helps in any way. :^}

Keep up the good work... AL's development in partnership with players is why I still keep playing the game and it's appreciated by many others I know.
    I agree with everything you said!

I especially want to give some props to Null_Void. As a fellow programmer, I recognize dedication and commitment to your work, and I was online at 3AM when Null was working, so don't think that your effort has gone unnoticed!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I appreciate that the arena was supposed to be difficult and I'm really not asking for it to be "easy" just playable for the majority.

I've thought through my gear and my spec for this arena I didn't just go in blind hoping boss would fall over with one aimed shot. I have tried all sorts of combinations. With the setup I finally settled on I can solo some bosses successfully because they don't one shot me almost instantly like they do if I get aggro in a group environment.

Its all very well to say that you can overcome these bosses with tactics... this is true but you already need to be at the very TOP in terms of gear. I'm sure that those of you with all top gear, with teamwork are finding tactics and successfully farming arena.

My problem is that arena is currently feasible for a very small percentage of players in this game. EVEN respawning. For the entire rest of the population... the arena is too hard to be fun and will only ever be discouraging.

What I would like to log onto the game and do: Say hi in guild chat, get a party together of guildies with mixed gear, go in arena, have some fun (isn't that where we are supposed to be keeping the focus?) Know that if we work together through several tactics, pet and gear changes, we will be able to complete it.

What I Can currently do: Log on... join party of guildies. First boss up... attempt and die. Refine tactic. Attempt and die. Refine tactic more. Change pet. Attempt and die. Repeat in correlation with the patience of the people in the party. Realise its never happening. Remap, repeat, everyone gives up.

Number of people who want to party for arena gets lower every time I'm on as they realise that its really not something where the obstacles are passable with "just" practise and tactical thinking.

Please cater to the rest of us we want to have fun too and not just during events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Question ran arena all night this is what I got after many plat (I'm pretty good)...

Name:  1411009269000.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  115.0 KB
    Name:  1411009272690.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  123.0 KB
    Name:  1411009276046.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  120.2 KB
    How can anyone really afford to run with this outcome?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

The arena pinks.

Come on sts. We can't keep playing for this crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Hey you got pinks! I got a pocket full of purple!
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Hey you got pinks! I got a pocket full of purple!
    Ya u saw mine me too but those pink/purple aren't much better...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post

The arena pinks.

Come on sts. We can't keep playing for this crap.
    Dat blood gem doe ^_^
    Anyways, the arena gear is nowhere near good enough to be farmed in a place that most pts will have to revive at least 10+ times, there are NO players who can afford to farm the arena if there's no profit whatsoever in it. It's fine that it's hard, it SHOULD be hard to complete the arena, but the drops we get for our labor in this arena shouldn't amount to blues/cruddy pinks. I suggest that you 1. Put 3 drops in arena chests, 2. Buff the pink gear that comes from arena, 3. Put an egg or two as rare drops (legendary eggs atleast).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ok, let's say arena is completable if you use a bunch of Ankhs. Anyway, I join guys above and say that loot sucks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

After a review ,
    Hmm...
    As u see remi there are too many problems for players...
    As an old player , as a player who knows much of all (no lies, no exagges)
    Many players have experienced the following:
    Very tough with a whole arcane party with fully ARCANED pet and arcane geared (even I have experienced this)
    U will die at least like 15-30 times in an instant (has been proved)
    Also,
    There has been a few problems with my stat problem I was checking my stats on auc, suddenly my DMG changed to 622 while I exited the auc , in a few minutes my DMG expanded to 789 with same gears full perfect int myth armor helm , perfect int myth. Ring perfect lunar
    Also , lag connection problem persists I do lag less , but when I go arena my whole game starts to lag so bad my friends are really upset the gates go up and down when ferrix makes the pool
    Can I know why??
    I'm really scared at the moment also....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Dat blood gem doe ^_^
    Anyways, the arena gear is nowhere near good enough to be farmed in a place that most pts will have to revive at least 10+ times, there are NO players who can afford to farm the arena if there's no profit whatsoever in it. It's fine that it's hard, it SHOULD be hard to complete the arena, but the drops we get for our labor in this arena shouldn't amount to blues/cruddy pinks. I suggest that you 1. Put 3 drops in arena chests, 2. Buff the pink gear that comes from arena, 3. Put an egg or two as rare drops (legendary eggs atleast).
    Lol I've always had 2 blues and one red!