Quote Originally Posted by MICRO.LE View Post
What about later in the game, is it better to use good dropped items rather then buy them? And to hijack my own thread, what determines the items price? I know certain pinks or others item aren't as valuable as others, how would I, as someone who pretty much just started, go about selling or trading items without getting ripped off or cheated?
If this truly is your first time through, then just enjoy it & learn on your own. The game is designed for you to succeed (i.e. no death penalty) & there are some fun surprises waiting for you that it would be wrong to spoil. There are no points for running perfect & believe me your first time through the ao3 gauntlet will be epic & worth the wait. It's even better with a bunch of fellow noobs, trying to put things they've only heard of into action. Lol, was that a growl? Did you see what killed me?

You are supposed to get slaughtered, regroup, replan & overcome. When it works right & your group is cool, this game play element really delivers.

My advice: try everything out yoursef for the best gear. Use performance as the critera because some stats can be misleading. Don't buy anything your first time through; the joy of a usable drop that makes you better is a rare treasure. Enjoy that while you can since even if it goes to 55 soon, if you play for three months, you will send most of your time capped & looking for gears you missed will give you something to do.

I've seen this sentiment expressed more eloquently elsewhere on threads like this & I think it's the consensus: just play it out. It's a good game & there's no need to skip phases by knowing too much too soon. Each phase is fun, enjoy it.