Thread: Sorcerers Pve Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Sorcerers Pve Guide

Hiya friendly smurf!

As promised, if asked i'd make a PVE guide for anyone who'd need any helpful tips on how to effectively set their sorcerer up for the best results. Let's jump right into this.

Lets start from the end and make our way to the beginning. Depending on what type of equipment you're using is how you'd like to spec your skills (Passives). If you're rocking upgraded mythic gear, I find it helpful to have 5 skill points in STR/INT/DEX/DURABLE. Since the upgraded mythic gear already adds more damage, I find it more effective to put the skill points into something that wont make me die as fast. Vice/verse with Ancient druid gear. I tend to put the 5 points that i had in DURABLE into the DAMAGE passive, so I can deal the 5% more damage. Now the skills to use would be:

• FIREBALL (5/5) - This of course is your main stun skill. While it briefly stuns, it also does damage over time for 5 seconds. Now depending on the damage of the fireball determines you DoT damage. Also, whichever target you hit decreases their hit chance by 25%, giving you a better chance of not getting hit by that target. The Engulf ability increase the "splash" or spherical damage by 3 meters, giving you more targets to stun AND increases the number of targets who recieve DoT. (Engulf doesn't INCREASE the number of targets who recieve DoT, i'm merely implying that bigger splash radius, more targets effected.)
    • LIGHTNING (3/5) - Lightning is a very unique skill, while not very useful for AoE damage, its critical damage is your highest hitting crit skill. Lightning pitted with the 15% lightning damage and 250% critical damage make this a single-target destroyer. Definitely use this againts bosses. The other skills like the "25% chance if Lightning kills opponent, lightning will then snake over to other enemies" & the "25% chance for a charged attack to stun an enemy briefly" do have their ups and downs, but its better to spend those 2 points on something more useful.
    • ICE (3/5) - This skill revolves around freezing/slowing your targets and also doing DoT to them. The 2 skills I mainly use for ice would be Shiver and Jagged Ice. Shiver enables your Ice to stun (freeze) or to slow your enemies for 3 longer seconds. Jagged Ice works well with Shiver since it puts a DoT for the duration of Shiver on any enemy that's effected. * A great way to use Ice would be to charge it up and attack when the mobs are in a group. Since ice's cd is very short, you should be able to continue stunning the mobs and they can't break out.
    • ARCANE SHIELD (4/5) - I mainly use AS for elite runs, and not your regular runs just for that fact that its not really needed, but for players that can't go without it, a great build would be everything besides the push back. Yes the push back ability is a good skill to have at some points, but all in all, it doesn't effect that much during game play. What the shields purpose is obvious, to protect the caster from incoming damage. The shield by itself protects the caster from 30% of incoming damage for 10 seconds, but this all depends on your STR & INT. For PVE, a good STR to have would be around 94-120, (This is for you Elite farmers out there & of course a higher STR would be the icing on the cake. If you don't do run elites, 80-100 STR is sufficient.) * This all implies that you, the sorcerer, are level 41
    • LIFE GIVER (2/5) - Now many people will be in your face if you cannot keep the group from dying, which in-fact, sorcerers have the WORST healing ability in the game. Point blank. I use my heal more or less as a mana dispenser. Empower is the only skill I use in Life giver. If you want to play more of a support role, All 4 skills work great. Especially if someone is using Samael. Samael's passive healing ability ON TOP of Life Givers healing over time effects greatly.
    • TIME SHIFT (4/5) - Sorcerers TRUE role in AL would have to be crowd-control. That means with all our stuns and clocks, we can control a mobs movements if handled correctly. Clock with the skills Dodge and Death, Countdown of Pain & Freeze time are all the skills I use with clock. With Dodge and Death, this increases your hit chance of ALL the mobs under the influence of Time Shift. Countdown of Pain is another one of your DoT attacks, doing MASSIVE damage if paired with Ribbit's AA. (Best way to do this would be to have someone else use Ribbit so that way you can still use a pet that increases your damage) Then Freeze Time, rooting enemies instead of snaring them, ideal for caging mobs up or holding them in place while you heal up. * ​Time Shift's cool-down time is 10 seconds, not TO long but could lead to trouble if not used in the right way.
    • GALE FORCE (3/5) ​- I find gale force to be an underrated skill among sorcerers. While it may seem like gale force does hardly any damage, it actually deals the same damage as Fireball. The best points to spec into would actually be all of them, but the ones that you really need would have to be Protective Current and Speed of Wind. Protective current adds 50% more armor for 4 seconds, allowing this skill to be used instead of Arcane Shield if handled correctly. With speed of sound, this increases your movement speed by 25%, useful when needing to run away or to arrive at your destination faster. It also gives you the ability to dash forward, knocking mobs off-balance, stunning them for a brief moment. You can use Weighted Wind to "Potentially" increase the stun time by 2 seconds. Potentially meaning it wont happen all the time. In my studies, i found that this works around 50% of the time for me. I have no clue if this is just how i use it or what, but I find it that its a waste of a skill point. * After a few months of working with these skills, i found it that the best skill tree to use (NON-ELITES) would have to be: Time-Shift, Fireball, Ice & Gale. After I aggro the mobs, I use Time-Shift to root them then I immediately charge Ice to freeze the mobs. Once Time-shift is gone, i then charge fireball, charge ice, then i charge Gale Force to knock them over. I then repeat this process.
    • CURSE(5/5) OPTIONAL - This is an optional skill to use, and I use this in the new Planar Arena. I use it for the fact that if any mob hits me, it reflects a portion of damage back to them, which I use in the incredibly, difficult Planar Arena. For a better understanding, visit the link below.

Of course, all these skills and how I have them set-up for you today all implies that you're Level 41. For lower levels, experiment with this setup, and see which best suits you as a sorcerer.

• For more information on how your Arcane Shield works, visit http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96812-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13 for more information.

• For more information on how Curse works, visit http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173239-Curse-clarifications-please for more information.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyBells (Jasper) For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Good job there!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Ice wielder is helpful..
    Worse Heal?
    Yes, ever think the same before I realized the regen 10hp per sec for 10 sec is very good to mage & team of course.
    Now, it help me while I receieved poison and keep allies survived too from mobs n dot enemies skills such as poison or fire from the tindirin ground or shuyal plants. IMO.

Yep Time Shift is serious problem while we charged it then failed cause a ministunt -_-

Nice guide

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kreasadriii For This Useful Post: