Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Bulwark please

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I do TDM on a daily basis. I can speak for myself on that part, ty. I can also prove to you that you don't need Samael to kill a warrior in 1v1. Ty for your input.
    Well i never saw you in a single tdm room for month... perhaps timezone difference? Did you change your ign?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Well i never saw you in a single tdm room for month... perhaps timezone difference? Did you change your ign?
    Timezone it is.

Robhawk

Timezone it is.
    I see... well if you really beat RavagerX in a vs best of 5 or more, you get my credits... But hey arry lost to him and he is skilled, arcane ring, fully grand gems and samael... so... GL!
    Let us here the results of the match or even better show a video!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

But doesn't bulwark curse stack with mages curse..? Or does it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ok, i read most of it and basically warriors are stating: " bulwark isn't that op...the curse can be defeated if you change your whole build and strategy", and all the other 2 classes are agreeing that bulwark's curse is madness...my opnion is that the bulwark curse should have it's proc rate reduced to balance with bow/gun's procs, the rest including the status is ok...

increase 70 damage on bulwark???sure, give mage's an "enraged in 10 seconds" proc on gun aswell, along with juggernaut and maybe shadow veil

funny story: I was fighting alone 2 rogues on tdm, then a warrior joined them...I combo'd charged fireball, light + clock+ slag's aa = 2 dead rogues, then the warrior just appeared, stood on my clock, charged the curse and said "hi"( i had arc shield on and full hp) and i lived long(not really) 2.5 seconds

without the clock, the same thing happens...but i live around 4-6 seconds

...Those buffs should be well-thought made, not just making careless editions

*Sorry if any bulwark warrior got offended(please don't reflect my words into my direction), not my intention ^-^
    IGN: Komatovic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Let's give Elo Rifle an OP version of Juggernaut, seems fair right?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As Raregem suggested in another thread, instead of nerfing bulwark, developers should make the curse proc more visible. As a result, classes will know when not to attack in 1v1 situation but it would still maintain effectiveness in a clash because collectively, a team would have no choice but to attack.

That being said, I'm still maintaining my stance that nothing should be nerfed and instead players should be given time to find ways to combat pets, weapons, and gears.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Ice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by komatovic View Post
    Ok, i read most of it and basically warriors are stating: " bulwark isn't that op...the curse can be defeated if you change your whole build and strategy", and all the other 2 classes are agreeing that bulwark's curse is madness...my opnion is that the bulwark curse should have it's proc rate reduced to balance with bow/gun's procs, the rest including the status is ok...
    Having duelled many bulwark-users, I do agree with koma that its frequency of proc has to parallel that of other classes' mythic weapons.

To highlight th jarring proc rate disparity, this is my experience of vsing a bulwark tank couple of days back. Within that duel...th tank had 4 reflect procs on me, on top of 1 healing proc - that's a total of 5 procs.

Now take that number measured against th backdrop of my mythic bow, which didn't proc even once at all in th entire course of that 1v1 (Yes, I did use charged normal attack).

I hope STS looks into and revises the bulwark proc rate accordingly. At present, the likelihood of that reflect proc is seemingly too disproportionate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    Having duelled many bulwark-users, I do agree with koma that its frequency of proc has to parallel that of other classes' mythic weapons.

To highlight th jarring proc rate disparity, this is my experience of vsing a bulwark tank couple of days back. Within that duel...th tank had 4 reflect procs on me, on top of 1 healing proc - that's a total of 5 procs.

Now take that number measured against th backdrop of my mythic bow, which didn't proc even once at all in th entire course of that 1v1 (Yes, I did use charged normal attack).

I hope STS looks into and revises the bulwark proc rate accordingly. At present, the likelihood of that reflect proc is seemingly too disproportionate.
    Bow also has a proc to heal a small amount of hp 100% of the time on every skill/attack and every dot tick I believe.

Bow is still best of the 3 and that's why the price is still high on bow. Bulwark is about the same price as gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    As Raregem suggested in another thread, instead of nerfing bulwark, developers should make the curse proc more visible. As a result, classes will know when not to attack in 1v1 situation but it would still maintain effectiveness in a clash because collectively, a team would have no choice but to attack.

That being said, I'm still maintaining my stance that nothing should be nerfed and instead players should be given time to find ways to combat pets, weapons, and gears.
    Making proc more visible won't make a difference unless you're blind.

+1 give mages Juggernaut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Making proc more visible won't make a difference unless you're blind.

+1 give mages Juggernaut
    As a rogue, I've fought bulwark tanks & used a mythic ring, mind you. To me, it did not seem that effective provided that I did not try attacking while cursed. Then again, this is just a rogue's opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

is it true that bulwark charge process roots 100% ? i saw the green circles on the mobs during pve when the bulwark warrior charges it every time... if so .... then again STS gave bulwark skill in a weapon mage already has to root but mythic gun only random roots and not during charging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

As a rogue, I've fought bulwark tanks & used a mythic ring, mind you. To me, it did not seem that effective provided that I did not try attacking while cursed. Then again, this is just a rogue's opinion.
    I am also aware that by not attacking, the curse is less effective. However, by continuing to not attack, you won't get anywhere winning the vs. There's a specific time when the warrior can go down. Mages must deal a certain amount of damage each 15 seconds, and much different as far as strats when talking about a rogue who can easily dish a lot of damage in a short period of time. This is from a mage's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    is it true that bulwark charge process roots 100% ? i saw the green circles on the mobs during pve when the bulwark warrior charges it every time... if so .... then again STS gave bulwark a weapon mage already has to root but mythic gun only random roots.
    The greenish circles indicate that the mob is cursed. Not needed to make circles bigger.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Hey Zeus maybe you don't know but rogues attacks don't deL you much dmg. Rogue aim shot under ruse takes about 5% of hp which is ridiculous whereas one fireball take about 30-40% hp, no dot.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Hey Zeus maybe you don't know but rogues attacks don't deL you much dmg. Rogue aim shot under ruse takes about 5% of hp which is ridiculous whereas one fireball take about 30-40% hp, no dot.
    Hey, Caab. I'm aware of the curse mechanics and how they function. In a rogue's arsenal, we have other skills like Noxious bolt which reflect similar levels of damage that a spell like fireball would reflect.

On top of that, razor shield and upgraded shadow piercer with low damage are also highly reflective in terms of damage reflected by curse.

My point? There are skills in a rogue's aresnal that can drop an unwary rogue as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Hey, Caab. I'm aware of the curse mechanics and how they function. In a rogue's arsenal, we have other skills like Noxious bolt which reflect similar levels of damage that a spell like fireball would reflect.

On top of that, razor shield and upgraded shadow piercer with low damage are also highly reflective in terms of damage reflected by curse.

My point? There are skills in a rogue's aresnal that can drop an unwary rogue as well!
    Kk thx for informing me.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

How about giving mages a passive proc on the new mythic? Rogues have passive heal when dealing damage, tanks have passive heal when taking damage, mages don't have anything either way.
    Whilst I agree with Zeus saying we need to invest some time into combatting the new play style tanks have been given, I think that if sts is going to buff the warrior weapon like they have, the mage weapon should have a passive proc like the other two classes have. The one class that needs a passive doesn't get it smh... And before you all say that the armor proc is passive, it's not. By passive I mean not having to spam the regular attack button to get a benefit. Tbh I don't even use the regular attack much simply because it takes me 5 seconds to get the proc benefit that the other two classes get simply by playing how they always do.
    The bulwark buff annoys me a lot but I'm not going to complain too much just yet.

Finally, all you people that think anything is going to be done; either mage buff or warrior nerf, is just insane. We all know it won't happen, just sit back and accept the fact that tanks are the new mages of Arlor:
    SS & axe = fireball & gale stuns.
    Rally cry = gale speed.
    WM = ice & clock slow.
    HoR = shield AND heal
    Bulwark = curse
    Give tanks lightning and they have more effectiveness as a mage than half the mages out there. (In comes maul lightning proc)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Geusaquc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Haha, i just found a conversation during the warriors insane windmill glitch, when one warrior could one ss+wm combo kill 4 people:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ll-is-OP/page2

"learn how to PvP better", "stop crying", "stop whinning"

"mages need a buff", "mages are worthless"

The names here may different, but some things just never change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lol, isn't hotpimp CTF?^

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,909 Posts

Hey guys. We have QA looking into this. Thanks for the feedback. I'll update when I know more. Locking this up now.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com