Thread: Para pools

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Para pools

So it seems I either have to cough up 100k+ to respec in Shield or Gale to get through these pools, just pray for a perfect run or consign myself to the idea that my Mage cannot conquer this beast.
    I like a good challenge but this just seems cheap and unfair to the squishier amongst us.
    He would be plenty difficult without the ridiculous poison death pools, STS please consider removing the pools or at least taming them down a bit.
    I've worked hard at this event and finding out I can't complete the final boss is like reading an epic book only to find the last chapter ripped out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iahwahska For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Have your warroir heal you before you cross. or respec with that shield thing

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thanks for responding.
    War buff didn't help, about to level 41 hoping a combination of better gear and my newly won Blinky's damage reduction might make the difference. If not yeah I'll either have to pay the currently excessive cost to spec in Shield or concede a wasted energy point and disappoint a group every time I draw Para which I really don't want to do.
    Funny thing is the first time I got him I could just barely make it across by spamming pots but now about 3/4 across I drop dead, dunno why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

+1 Please remove that poison pool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This boss was created as a gold sink/plat generating tool.

To beat it, you need ankh-
    Either buy with gold-gold sink
    Buy with plat-yay more $$ for sts

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yeah that sounds about right.
    It's too bad I really enjoy this game and the people I've met playing it. They even got me almost to the point of being willing to spend actual money on playing it but being subject to insidious manipulation like this makes me have to consider if there might be better things I could spend my time on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .no View Post
    This boss was created as a gold sink/plat generating tool.

To beat it, you need ankh-
    Either buy with gold-gold sink
    Buy with plat-yay more $$ for sts
    It's not really a gold sink if the money goes to another player. A gold sink is like the 10m gold vanity that permanently "drains" the gold from the market

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

But the warrior heal is perfectly doing its job, I did 2 runs with my warrior. And even the mage shield with 2sec invulnerability is working good against pool...

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

With a group of 4 there is a way to beat this boss fairly easy. even a group of 2 can do it..
    Heres how:

1. Assess the team before jumping in to kill paracelsus no one should quit the map.
    2. The weakest of the team should stand just before the 2 green pools and keep still there.
    The reason why theres someone in that area is to lure the tiny minions towards him, this person should be able to kill the minions fast without moving far away from the pools and shouldnt die in the process. Paras little minions will 100% go to this person standing outside. That leaves the rest of the team killing paracelsus alone. Even if the 3 members killing paracelsus dies he will not reset as long as the 4th member outside is alive.

We have done it with 2 members, 1 rogue and 1 warrior. The warrior stands outside while the rogue kills paracelsus alone. took us less than 10 mins to kill.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InternetExplorer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    With a group of 4 there is a way to beat this boss fairly easy. even a group of 2 can do it..
    Heres how:

1. Assess the team before jumping in to kill paracelsus no one should quit the map.
    2. The weakest of the team should stand just before the 2 green pools and keep still there.
    The reason why theres someone in that area is to lure the tiny minions towards him, this person should be able to kill the minions fast without moving far away from the pools and shouldnt die in the process. Paras little minions will 100% go to this person standing outside. That leaves the rest of the team killing paracelsus alone. Even if the 3 members killing paracelsus dies he will not reset as long as the 4th member outside is alive.

We have done it with 2 members, 1 rogue and 1 warrior. The warrior stands outside while the rogue kills paracelsus alone. took us less than 10 mins to kill.
    Nice sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

surviving the pools is easy imo
    if u have shield...stand near the edge of the pool then charge shield then cross as fast as u can..
    and i think blinky's dmg reduc doesnt work on the pools

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I like that strat and was actually doing just that but the rest of my team bailed. I can wipe out the minions before they even cross the pool.
    Might still bite the bullet and buy respecs to get Sheild though but if standing out there doing crowd control keeps him from resetting that might be the thing to do.
    Thanks for all your responses.