Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Throughts on the energy and lb system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kjed View Post
    Its been obvious money runs the game right now, f2p is dead.theres no more free in this world.
    Both unconstructive and untrue. Sts has made a lot of steps lately to make things better for non-plat players. You can now but elixirs, respecs, revives and numerous other things for go,d that used to be plat-exclusive.

In any case this isn't about trying to go completely platless, this is about giving an option to those who can't afford 5 plat or 30k/run and want to run the event rather than the tombs.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-25-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Suggestion for future events leaderboard:

Make a leaderboard based on timed runs done exclusively with new items and pets. This will incentivate people to run the maps also after earning the best tier, will incentivate locked opening (that not only mega plat spenders can afford) if some of the items are only dropping from them, will incentivate elixir and respec sale, will award player skills, will keep new item prices medium-high and last but not least will give an opportunity to be in the leaderboard also to not rich people, also to who has not much time because has a job or study.
    Another suggestion is to make a special banner awarded to people that will do a run under a specific time (like hauntlet achievement) to give people that won't be in the leaderboard a consolation prize if they did however a good job showing their capacity to do fast runs

With this leaderboard sts probably would also gain more dollars because every player will feel to have an opportunity till the end and they will spend for energies and kits since the last day instead on the current leaderboard as dogoeswoof already said after only a few days the difference from number 25 and 31 is already huge and more time passes less really competitors for the lb there are, at the end they will be 30-35 max trying to be in top 25.

Let me know if you agree or not and why and if you like this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Platinum
    Daily cost: 900 platinum (approximate depending on how much you die to spikes)
    Event cost: 12,600 platinum
    Conversion: $750 in platinum packs

Gold
    Daily cost: 5 million gold
    Event cost: 70 million gold
    I laughed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Ok lets be constructive.

There is no way imo to make f2p meet p2w in this Lb contest.
    As long as you give a slight advantage to the one paying in a contest its p2w n if you remove the advantages its f2p.
    What you can do is divide f2p from p2w.

Time ago like months i suggested to divide Lb contests.

The suggestion was basically this:

There would have been 2 point counters and 2 lbs. General point counter and Lb point counter.
    The Lb pc will count your points only if you crossed the portal with a originally crafted energy kit.

The general point count will count all points.

On one side you will have who spent more time farming on the other who spent more money. Everybody happy problem solved, GG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

These micro transaction games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Just for the record.....I hate the energy system! Totally and utterly loathe it! I will never ever play another game that implements it. There is no fluidity in the gameplay it's just, start, stop, farm energy, start, stop, don't wanna farm then buy energy, start, stop.

But in the words of SamHayne......it is what it is.

The event is awesome tho!
    Last edited by Xorrior; 10-25-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, my boss count adds up to less than half my points. Adjusted the totals in the first post accordingly. It is still a low estimate, but closer to actuality.

Thanks for catching this. Mine are inaccurate by a whole lot. Here's the screenies. With the boss points calculated, that adds up to 13,840 points, which is clearly way off.

Attachment 107209

Attachment 107210
    I think only one person in party who last hit the boss is counted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maketaca View Post
    I think only one person in party who last hit the boss is counted.
    See? I totally suck at being a ks rogue....*sigh* all my dreams of being a cheap-shotter are dashed.

Jokong aside, I believe you are right, but that isn't how they should be counting them.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly with this thread and I've felt this way for every LB event. While I suppose it's possible to make the LB using just gold (way more than it would be worth if your estimates were correct) it's still just basically a contest to see who has the most money (or who is willing to go into the most debt). With this structure right now, I already know before an event begins that I have 0% chance of making the LB. As Anarchist suggested, there should be more than one LB. I'm perfectly fine with the existence of this type of LB as long as there are others that allow casual players and non-plat players to have some sort of chance. Timed runs LB or whatever else they could come up with, but something that doesn't require you to be wealthy and have no personal life (no offense to you guys on the LB! )

I don't have a great solution, so I'm afraid I probably haven't contributed anything useful, but I do know that the current system is not a great one. The developers' goal is to make as much money as possible, just like every other company that exists, so as long as these events keep making them boatloads of extra money I don't see anything changing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It annoys me that players equate success in-game with having no life in reality. This is such a common statement, and it's totally absurd. We all play mmo's so implying that one is "better" than someone who chooses to make an extra effort for a top spot is not cool. We all have lives and all have friends, but we also have time to put in on our choice of entertainment. This is a choice and since we are all making the same one, let's not try and pretend some of us are cooler or have more of "a life" than others.

In any case, running LB has nothing to do with lack of personal life. A player can stay on it running 3-4 hours a day with a good team. That leaves plenty of time for going on dates, visiting friends, and having a job.

However, if you don't have a whole lot of real cash or excessive amounts of gold, you are relegated to running the lovely event maybe 1/2 hour a day and spending the rest of the time in the tombs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

well i put on this idea to overcome this kind of problem where people can compete with guild rather than alone but it got fade out too early just see once :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I agree with Serancha on making the portal free. It's very hard for an average player like me to play this event since either I need to wait the system generated energy which takes a lot of time or I need to farm in tombs for energy. Farming in tombs is just not easy as this essence is rare. And all of that is just for entering the portal, not to consider entering the tombs itself. I'm not dreaming of a Leaderboard from the beginning, just I am wishing to be on the platinum tier which is very hard already. Some of my guildies can't run also as not all are having plats to spend for entering the portal. This is only one case, then how about those new players that are just started which don't have enough either plat or gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mightymynk View Post
    well i put on this idea to overcome this kind of problem where people can compete with guild rather than alone but it got fade out too early just see once :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-leaderboard

I don't think having it by guild is a good idea. That would just guarantee the biggest guilds win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I completely agree with what this post is saying. I played my heart out during ursoth, made a lot of money (spent way more) and ended up 13th...the gap between the players above me was almost double of what my score was (ended up around ~ 65 k) and I had to tap out. There was no way for me to make up those points because try as I might I couldn't afford it. I spent 4 m on this event and had like 50 energy stashe'd from ursoth and was done after the second day. Something has to be done to give the common player a chance. Tarlok showed us what an event could be like when everyone was involved. It's what it needs to be again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The real issue is that the leader board system is a health hazard. STS encourages it and they aren't responsible if any of you idiots drop and die. It's ok they will have made their money by then anyway.

I'm shaking my head at the people grinding for those vanities trying to be the best in a virtual world where nothing matters. Is your real life really that bad? That you have to put your real life on hold just so you can obtain a pixel on your screen?

Take care of yourselves guys!
    Hi, this is my signature:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

They could argue that the players are mostly adults and should be smart enough to know their limits. Those who are kids should have parents that limit their gaming time. It's a choice. However, the lb as a health hazard is not the point of the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

They could argue that the players are mostly adults and should be smart enough to know their limits. Those who are kids should have parents that limit their gaming time. It's a choice. However, the lb as a health hazard is not the point of the thread.
    Yup, you are right! The vanities are more important than peoples well-being.

Do you desperately need that vanity in order to feel special? Sometimes games can give someone, a false sense of achievement especially when people don't have anything else going on in their real life.

Do what makes you happy.

@Topic: Every event has gotten worse and worse, ever since Tarlok. I'm lucky I got to experience at least one good event and I'm still hoping to perhaps play another one.

At this rate, most players are going to care less and less. 80% of my friends don't give a s**t about this event and guild activity has significantly lowered compared to before. The energy system isnt fun, the bosses aren't fun (very nasty), this game is turning out to be less and less fun. This company is really digging itself a grave.

Everything that should make sense like random portals are still pay-to-play. It doesn't make sense. The bosses are nasty at any level, especially lower levels. How is that supposed to entertain and keep new players? It just puts them off and makes them play another game. This is a mobile game; like most mobile games, it's a game that supposed to be a quick fun game but its turning into a hardcore chore-oriented, rage-inducing, stupid expensive, frustrating, health-hazardous game.

I don't give a damn, I'm only gold rank and I don't need a false sense of achievement. This leader board system is horrible and it should be scrapped. If not, I fear nobody will be excited for future events. They will pass because its all just catered to the rich and they aren't people who like to waste money on something that is fantasy.
    Hi, this is my signature:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

well portals of farming should be free...and when u finish the boss u go back to map and continue ur run...this would implement a much better competition for all (those who can pay and those who can farm) .every single people could have the chance to be platinum or just taste the event...+1 to u serancha
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

+10 To this thread

I agree on all points. The energy system while having become slightly more balanced for free players as time has progressed is still a race for who has the biggest wallet either in gold or cash. Period.

Just once I'd like to see and FEEL that this game is possible to win as a free player. I'm sick of grinding for hours and hours a day for crumbs.

Is it too much to ask that both sides of the field (payers and players) have an ACTUAL equal chance to succeed?

And by that I mean not having to spend what little we scrounge for in savings to just see your name on the board for a day or two before falling into poverty and obscurity.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Yes you have to get the killing blow for it to count in your numbers.

I like the idea of random free enter portals, that would be really fun and an incentive for people to run maps and get a bonus treat. They should however only spawn at the end when boss is dead.

I also think the portal entrance should be 1 or 3 plat, not 5. That's high for 1-2 minutes of game play.