Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Problems with gear progression

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruceboster View Post
    I dont understand why STS only increase Armor, Armor, and Armor.
    They need to increase armor. Have you participated in end game PvP? 1-2 hits and you are dead. Fights last 2 seconds. What we need is to increase armor and health, not more damage.

The only problem thus far is that in order to get the increased health, we have to give up significant damage. I'd like to see gear for next season that does not give us big damage increases, but instead increases armor and health.

As we have had mythic helms, armors, rings and amulets already now for 4 seasons, it would be smart if STS skipped releasing new mythic or arcane weapons next season and instead released new mythic helms, armors and rings (amulets are coming later this season from what I understand). If anything, just have another version of the same level 41 mythic weapons released. They did that last year with the glaive/bonesaw being the same weapon. That should help with this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

in season 5 tarloks were closest to mythi. it not prefect and was like 20 dmg defrint but still better for who cant spent 3m per set insted buying a set for 400-600 k is pretty awsome! now druid are pretty fine but it make a rog/mage a semi tank that cant survive coz bosses/elite mobs crit for 5k dmg :/
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They need to increase armor. Have you participated in end game PvP? 1-2 hits and you are dead. Fights last 2 seconds. What we need is to increase armor and health, not more damage.

The only problem thus far is that in order to get the increased health, we have to give up significant damage. I'd like to see gear for next season that does not give us big damage increases, but instead increases armor and health.
    Correct. We don't expect to see massive damage increases, however, we do not expect to be taking a 20-40 damage drop over our current gear for a minimal amount of armor. When you give up that much damage you need more than a little bit more armour, since you have to survive way more hits than you would otherwise. The current new gear gives none of this, however, since it also tanks our hp.

And although we may not expect huge increases in damage, we do expect to see some increase over the mythics that are over a year old.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    STS wants us to play their game and spend our money so that everyone benefits. Them by profiting, and us by getting rewarding entertainment value for our dollar. I don't mind paying what I can when I can to support a game I enjoy and believe heavily in supporting other developers in what they do. I'll never be a plat whale, since I don't have the means for it, but have been a good, solid customer for almost 2 years.

Now, recently I made a thread here regarding the quality of the new gear being released, along with some other things. Here is the part of Samhayne's response relating to the gear standards:

Now, if you'll indulge me for a moment, I will show the stats of the new necroptic gear as compared to the mythics I am wearing currently, and have been wearing for well over a year (year and a half for the helm). I don't have mythics on my warrior because he's mostly retired, but I will compare to rogue and mage mythics.

I will grant that the new items are not gemmed, but that is only 8 damage difference to perfect. When compared with the huge drop, the problem doesn't change. You just have to look at the CS prices on these new "best" items to see how bad they are.

Necroptic helm

Rogue
    Attachment 107389

Mage
    Attachment 107387

Necroptic armour

Rogue
    Attachment 107390

Mage
    Attachment 107388

Now. It has been said before, and I will say it again. Itemization is a total failure the way it has been implemented. The developers have stated before that items are supposed to get better and better over time as a game evolved. I am not going to waste the time to find the quotes, but I recall them distinctly.

So, if the planar gear was made terrible on purpose, so as not to ruin the awesomeness of the halloween and winter gear, where is this supposed awesomeness? Why are we taking a drop of 20-30 damage over the gear we purchased at the 26 / 31 level caps? This does not encourage users to log in, run maps and spend money.

STS we implore you. PLEASE make the new gear BETTER than the old mythics. Give us a reason to play this game. I don't want to leave, or stop supporting you, and neither do any of these other players. But if you can't give us a decent quality product for our dollar, we will go and look elsewhere for someone who does. New gear is supposed to be better than old. Not worse than that we had 10-15 levels ago.

Please adjust your itemization stat calculations to account for the majority of players at end game. The majority that needs something new to farm for that they can actually use. This is not it.
    Amen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

As we have had mythic helms, armors, rings and amulets already now for 4 seasons, it would be smart if STS skipped releasing new mythic or arcane weapons next season and instead released new mythic helms, armors and rings (amulets are coming later this season from what I understand). If anything, just have another version of the same level 41 mythic weapons released. They did that last year with the glaive/bonesaw being the same weapon. That should help with this issue.
    Only armor dude but -hp. Ex: planar has more armor but less hp. Necroptic more armor and less hp. Is it well? They are only increase more armor every new gears but lack hp. It is so bad. New gears make planar arena more died except if new myth amulet come later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruceboster View Post
    Only armor dude but -hp. Ex: planar has more armor but less hp. Necroptic more armor and less hp. Is it well? They are only increase more armor every new gears but lack hp. It is so bad. New gears make planar arena more died except if new myth amulet come later.
    Apparently that is the case for rogues, but for mages we get significantly more hp and armor with ancient druid, living spirit, hellish and necro. But unfortunately we take about a 40-50 damage loss and also lose around 8% crit in the process. I'd like to see the next set of mythic armors and helms have similar damage and crit to the current versions, but give big increases in health, armor and perhaps even dodge %.

And they should make the level 46 elite dungeons scale with this in mind, meaning mobs and bosses should not have significantly more health than level 41 mobs and bosses, but they should hit harder (to account for our increased health and armor).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Apparently that is the case for rogues, but for mages we get significantly more hp and armor with ancient druid, living spirit, hellish and necro. But unfortunately we take about a 40-50 damage loss and also lose around 8% crit in the process. I'd like to see the next set of mythic armors and helms have similar damage and crit to the current versions, but give big increases in health, armor and perhaps even dodge %.

And they should make the level 46 elite dungeons scale with this in mind, meaning mobs and bosses should not have significantly more health than level 41 mobs and bosses, but they should hit harder (to account for our increased health and armor).
    Yep. I agree with u. This answer not make me confuse anymore. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Mythic weapons are supposed to be the top or have merit over other items for their current season and the 1 season that follows it

Im not counting season 3 & 4 here since mythics were upgraded during season 5

Mythics were upgraded during season 5, they were absolutely top for season 5 and 6, it is now season 7 guys =] this, THIS is the time to give us something better, even before the new expansion cap

I dont think it should be event gear that beats upgraded mythic gear because events last weeks not months, but now is the time to give us something better to aim for...

Something that makes the older mythics even cheaper for the new guys and that is better than but not better by a long shot, just better. (something=set armor&helm+ring)

Edit- when it comes, please make lvl36 mythic gear trade-able cause lets face it, #whythehellnot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You're more generous than most people Mata, to consider a 2 hour upgrade the same as an entire new gear set. I do understand what you're saying and (I think) why. However, we have been requesting new gear for a year now, since it became apparent that the upgrade did nothing but hurt the player community. I believe most feel that unless you have to farm to obtain a better set of items to replace what you're wearing, it's not new.

Without any new achievements to earn - achievements that make sense, and do not involve ruining an entire section of the game like the flag ap - and nothing new to farm for, nothing of value to sell, what is left to do?

It starts with gear. We need better gear than what we are wearing, if only for something to focus on and so we can farm and make money by playing the game.

Popping crates for a chance at an arcane item, since that's all that's worth anything, is not playing. (I am not including the event crates in this statement, since they are event items and not part of the main game)
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-28-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Robhawk

The problem is you wont fix our class with that! Why?
    Because rogues and warriors items also get better! So while we get more hp/armor, f.e. rogues get more dmg/crit... whats the point for mages to have more hp/armor on items then? Its useless...

BTT: Yes, there should be new and BETTER items then the VERY old myth helmets and armors, its obvious - STS just needs to see it too!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-28-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Upgraded mythics are lvl36 which mean they won't be outdated till lvl46, sts have said before that mythics are good for 2 lvl caps and arcanes for 3 lvl caps. They've stuck to their word on this which is quite impressive considering sts main priorities are to make $$$$, however 2 points which are real disappointing 1) they release mythic weapons every cap outdating previous weps and costing gamers millions, 2) new event pinks are supposed to eclipse previous event pinks which is clearly not the case here, all I'm asking for is slight armour and HP increase they can keep dmg low if they want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree w this topic, but to simplify things up, just upgrade lvl 36 myths to lvl 41, redesign, recolor, and improve stats, in that way people wont complain because we already have it, (myth armor , helm) and if it gemmed already let it be stayed as you upgrade your gear. You might disagree with me, but instead of topping up plats w real money to open locks or exchange gold, just upgrade it we bought our armors and helm in the first place..

I know sts wants to earn by releasing new gears to feed them or to pay their bills, but if they cannot refernish or polish as they release a new content every season or event why will we pay for it if we will complain at the end lol ,might as well just upgrade things no stress no dramas, Simple and effective no plats just upgrade.
    -Peace (\/,,)

The Commandos Elite Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbadulaserosx View Post
    I agree w this topic, but to simplify things up, just upgrade lvl 36 myths to lvl 41, redesign, recolor, and improve stats, in that way people wont complain because we already have it, (myth armor , helm) and if it gemmed already let it be stayed as you upgrade your gear. You might disagree with me, but instead of topping up plats w real money to open locks or exchange gold, just upgrade it we bought our armors and helm in the first place..

I know sts wants to earn by releasing new gears to feed them or to pay their bills, but if they cannot refernish or polish as they release a new content every season or event why will we pay for it if we will complain at the end lol ,might as well just upgrade things no stress no dramas, Simple and effective no plats just upgrade.
    -Peace (\/,,)

No more upgrading. Please people, think!

If you believe that's the answer you clearly don't understand the whole point of the topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbadulaserosx View Post

-Peace (\/,,)
    Sorry but lol

You just took everything the OP said, squashed it into a little ball, stepped on it and kicked it down the sewer pipes.

The last thing that we need is another mythic upgrade, no, what we're talking about here is NEW gear

16. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

A simple answer to this thread is NO, I wouldn't pay money for these....thats why i'm staying as a legendary gear player.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Elondrian sets are better than mythic. Now go and check it out. Now that i told you this, the price will go high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulnaj View Post
    Elondrian sets are better than mythic. Now go and check it out. Now that i told you this, the price will go high.
    Is that a joke?
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    A simple answer to this thread is NO, I wouldn't pay money for these....thats why i'm staying as a legendary gear player.
    Hate to tell you, these are the new and supposed best legendaries. That's the whole problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Hate to tell you, these are the new and supposed best legendaries. That's the whole problem.
    Thats the problem, that if its legendary (and plentiful) i'll get it. I have no incentive to use the best gear. Its like a new car...it starts losing value as soon as its off the lot. Same with weapons and armor. Only things like pets and vanities is all I play for. Now LB stuff is just an unfair advantage (money talks obviously) that only the same people are always at the top. now like your other thread finding alternatives to energy..i can see these top players spending WAY MORE to stay on top lol.

What you are suggesting is a pain for plat players on LB. because the competition will be more fierce. I don't care really about LB because the average ftp players cant EVER join it.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-28-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I don't believe much of the game has received proper planning, such as the maul, ring, and definitely SnS..