Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bulwark's feedback - nerf nerf nerf more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogani View Post
    You have people who spent 17m on this weapon because of the curse. People complain about the curse but it is essential to the weapon. It just is. It does not make the tanks unbeatable.
    And now its hard to sell even at 8-9m.. i saw one buying last night at 5m just for the fun of having one.

Why its hard to understand that before the curse can be applied to a player in PVP it takes ages to charge it??? while charging your enemies MOVE, while charging you GET HIT BY PET AA, while charging you get stunned... all of those will cancel the skill charge and you need to recharge it again. bulwark users can get killed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I would like all people who spent over 5m on the bulwark to please reply to this post with their names and amounts. This way maybe our developers can get an actual realization of how badly their customer base has been hurt. Sts..at the end of the day we are all your customers. We need to reimbursed or listened to. That's just good business. Please feel free to email me if needed. This matter should not be put to rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    in PvP it was just too over-powered.
    It wasn't overpowered, it was challenging! That's what many people dislike, the "challenge". They prefer to win easily, but.. Isn't that boring after a while? (as a rogue perspective!)
    + warriors lost millions on that weapon, it lost 50% of its value already... And price will keep going down, because a way better weapon is coming soon...

I hope you will test your items for real before releasing them in the future, that buff/nerf thing has became annoying. You never know if you should buy something when it's released, because "STS might nerf it" or "STS might buff it"... sigh... And when you finally buy it after the buff/nerf you predicted, bam! Buffed/nerfed again. Just... No.

Just to say: Please, buff it a bit for the last time. Warriors need it, the weapon needs it.

__ Iady/Taste/Clope/Nedgeng__

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem:1876883
    Hi guys. I hope I can help shed some light on the situation. On our end, we received feedback that the Bulwark was pretty under-powered at its release. This was true, compared to other weapons, especially at end-game. So, the Bulwark was buffed, with that curse that everyone loved so much (except the people being killed by it, of course.) Now, here's is where there was some confusion. The 100% chance to curse in PvP was NOT, and repeat, NOT intentional. This should have never been the case, and we truly apologize for this. So, when the Bulwark was nerfed again, this was fixing a bug, not just trying to mess with warriors or patch up mage balance by nerfing another class. The 100% curse chance still works as intended in PvE.

The developer team agreed that a 100% chance to curse was reasonable in PvE, but in PvP it was just too over-powered. As has been mentioned before, the Bulwark was meant to be a tank weapon. Not a DPS weapon. We will continue to take any and all feedback into consideration, but at this time there are not plans to make any further changes to the Bulwark.
    What is the point of having an extremely slow charge as well? The charge seemed reasonable since it had a 100 % chance to proc previously. Can you up the dmg on the curse since it rarely happens and decrease the amount of time it takes to charge the auto attack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Edited for personal reasons
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 10-20-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Hate to say i told you so but.........
    And?? are you telling others that they should have listened to what you said before? Well you might be right but dont you see theres something wrong here??? You bought a bulwark yourself!

" i will keep the bulwark for next level cap " <-- thats your statement in Expedition Camp am i correct?

Not all warriors in game is like you, that have the luxury of sporting lots of weapons, weapons designed for a " specific " bloody purpose. Some warriors actually saved for this weapon when it was rebuffed after the beta server thinking that finally STS had made them a weapon that is multipurpose.

Lets not point fingers here and tell whoever is correct. Make your post constructive.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    They never made it an offensive weapon....what happened was when they buffed the weapon,there was an oversight.....the oversight was leaving a 100% proc rate for curse in pvp instead of only 100% proc rate in pve.

Under no circumstances does that make it an offensive weapon, what it did was make it a glitched weapon.....

Imo warriors still did squat for damage on every attack except one, a charged normal attack which was giving warriors the ability
    to kill a mage with one charged normal attack!!!!!

Even rogues cant do that and we all know rogues are famous for 1 shotting mages.
    With that said how could this weapon not possibly be nerfed.......of course it had to be.

A normal attack should never be stronger than an attack from one of your skills........the curse was.

Rem said they will reassess the changes next week we shall see but quite honestly none of this changes the fact that this weapon was never meant as an offensive weapon. And I would be suprised if it is ever a viable option in pvp, matter of fact i was suprised when it was.

I truly am shocked though that more people did not see the writing on the wall. Stats dont lie and sts's favorite weapon is the nerf hammer.
    Hi guys. I hope I can help shed some light on the situation. On our end, we received feedback that the Bulwark was pretty under-powered at its release. This was true, compared to other weapons, especially at end-game. So, the Bulwark was buffed, with that curse that everyone loved so much (except the people being killed by it, of course.) Now, here's is where there was some confusion. The 100% chance to curse in PvP was NOT, and repeat, NOT intentional. This should have never been the case, and we truly apologize for this. So, when the Bulwark was nerfed again, this was fixing a bug, not just trying to mess with warriors or patch up mage balance by nerfing another class. The 100% curse chance still works as intended in PvE.

The developer team agreed that a 100% chance to curse was reasonable in PvE, but in PvP it was just too over-powered. As has been mentioned before, the Bulwark was meant to be a tank weapon. Not a DPS weapon. We will continue to take any and all feedback into consideration, but at this time there are not plans to make any further changes to the Bulwark.
    Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    And?? are you telling others that they should have listened to what you said before? Well you might be right but dont you see theres something wrong here??? You bought a bulwark yourself!

" i will keep the bulwark for next level cap " <-- thats your statement in Expedition Camp am i correct?

Not all warriors in game is like you, that have the luxury of sporting lots of weapons, weapons designed for a " specific " bloody purpose. Some warriors actually saved for this weapon when it was rebuffed after the beta server thinking that finally STS had made them a weapon that is multipurpose.

Lets not point fingers here and tell whoever is correct. Make your post constructive.

Cheers
    Your right, constructive is the thing to do......as far as your quote of what i said in expedition camp....that is false i never said that.
    Did i buy a bulwark, the answer is yes i did....on multiple occasions...do i still own one??? the answer is no i do not

Weapons for each 3 classes have a give and a take, mages have staffs and guns, rogues have daggers and bows, warriors have swords with shield and swords without shield.
    Thats just the way it is im afraid.

Quite honestly i see no huge reason to be in a big uproar about the value of bulwark considering what has happened recently to the value of EVERY weapon....
    Every thing has its time under the sun and then it dies
    nature of the beast i suppose.....

Patiently awaiting the arrival of halloween mythics
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 10-20-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

warriors have no place in pve most warriors U will find in pvp trying to b useful or trying to get warmonger ap but now it looks like we won't b able to do a thing Cuz u(sts) decided that bulwark was too op, well how's about U step into a pvp game and actually see how horrible uve made it . Bulwark warriors use to b the only ones keeping ring rogues on check since they can 1 shot fully maxed out Mages and sometimes 2 shot a ring mauler ,bulwarks might have had that op curse but after having all that charge time short range and the fact that Mages stun lock U almost every second ,u would get lucky if u cursed someone . idk i just suggest stepping into pvp without UR precious rings moderators and check out how easy U can kill a bulwark war now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I BUY BULWARK (+12str) FOR 15 MILLION GOLD. NOW PRICE IS 6-7M

IGN- ROBINXXXX

THANKS STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fail product. Thats all. What'ever we say here its useless. To all those people who bought bulwark including me. for 16-19m and now only cost 6-8m, i think were all VICTIM here. Idk why but it reminds me to invest real money again, i just thingking sts want us to invest real money here again, i hope im wrong. Now' if new wep release make sure no fail product again hays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I do not see the reason behind continuing to complain about something that was labeled as a bug fix. When you see 100% procs that can stack, it's common sense that something is up (eg. 100% banish on SnS's AA). When you can kill a sorcerer with one-two charged swings and zero MP used, something is up.

Further proof that it was overpowered? Bulwark users constructed their whole skill build around a weapon proc. This curse proc had little to no effect on rogues but it completely destroyed sorcerers. That's not class balance.

In addition, this was announced as a PvE tanking weapon in the first place. You say warriors are not needed there?
    • That's a whole different issue. Suggestions subforum can be used for actual suggestions too (not just nerf complaints).
    • Your reasoning is: "Well, we're not really needed in PvE right now so we *have* to be OP in PvP"? That makes no sense.
    • Maybe if you didn't add to the initial complaints about elite Tindirin being too hard, the mobs there would still be un-root-able and un-snare-able and the farmable items would've retained more value since you would need at least one warrior to run there. Just consider how a sorcerer without clock (time shift) is practically useless now for elites.

Lastly, people have lost gold before and much larger sums (kershal and nekro owners, for example).

To anyone still complaining:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

It was protested by mages since its out, why not change it quickly rather let it be op for a month? I lost 20m.... XP

Let it go? Hell no. Don't sell fail product to us STS, we need refund.

Even car companies refund if they have failed products.. I'm sure yours will be more simple to change cause you control this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post

Lastly, people have lost gold before and much larger sums (kershal and nekro owners, for example).
    - Do you think
    all those who lost gold on kershal and nekro issues really suffered??? all i know they just plat hack their way back to glory afterwards.

Are you certain that the mythics most of us are wearing came from legitimate plat purchase? The samaels, the singes, etc etc... If STS didnt just ban the plat hackers but also rolled nack all the items gained thru illegal plat hack. We would be on the same boat!

Theres something wrong in here and STS knows it, i will not list it again and again but theres something wrong. IT should be fixed. Either dropping that useless proc in pvp and replacing it with something that wopuld be really useful. STS should also think about releasing items " just for a specific purpose ". We can have board and sword a glavie a maul but make all of them useful in both PVP and PVE, the difference would be in stats and skills not with how much gold a certain player has.
    Last edited by InternetExplorer; 10-21-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Because i want too and im pissed

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I've always maintained that the 100% proc was a bug. A proc is NEVER, EVER 100%.

I've mentioned this in Oggy's thread, but the proc should be changed to a -damage% proc which would allow warriors to hit harder - like -25%. Giving one class's skill to another is never a good idea. Compare it to mages getting VB on gun attack - 25% damage, 25% crit, 60 str, and mana back per damage gained - just a bad idea!

I believe some HP and armor should be removed in favor of slightly higher damage (+10?). Ignoring what these changes would mean for the mage class - I think some change MUST be made to the bulwark!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I've always maintained that the 100% proc was a bug. A proc is NEVER, EVER 100%.

I believe some HP and armor should be removed in favor of slightly higher damage (+10?). Ignoring what these changes would mean for the mage class - I think some change MUST be made to the bulwark!
    i agree with this,, lets bulwark get some changes please.. (+10 damage ) i believe all the bulwark user will happy with that..

NOW WE STOP COMPLAINING THE NERF WEAPON LETS DO SOME SUGGESTION ON BULWARK TO BUFF AGAIN. \*_*/
    Last edited by Robinzzzz; 10-21-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

my question to STS is there anyone actually listening?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogani View Post
    my question to STS is there anyone actually listening?
    To be honest,after the post remiem made,no dev or sts staff commented after that.

I have made up my mind though,they will only listen if we are top rank plat buyers and a well known person in game ( the same person that started the nerf bulwark thing when it finally came out) as for us regular players we got scre we d big time.

Dont put hope that there will be changes anymore. Just think its 1-0 in favor of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    This is the most recent response on page 6 of this thread from 2 days ago:
    We've read that... in its entirety.. and after that? no more response from them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Apologize for my english

Well, in my humble opinion, i think what sts do to the tank is wrong from the start

Let me explain,

I played 3 mmorpg games before al, and there was no issues at all like this
    Its not about gear, balance pvp etc, its simply because roles
    Its because sts give chance for tank to kill in pvp, sts give chance for tank
    To have damage, thats it!!

And the pvp itself have bad design

Tank cant kill and never meant was, there are no balance in pvp in term of killing
    Especially for tank, yes, tank cant kill, but other classes also cant kill us in pvp

Tank are built for support, if tank want to play in pvp, they should stick to flag
    And to protect party, thats it, we may not kill, but well have flag achievement, which rogue almost
    Impossible to have

It should be built this way

Rogue can have the most killing, but low on flag, while mage balance between both, they can be set
    To killer mage, or support mage

On my 3 games i talked about, tank can only have damage output of 1, yes, only 1 damage

And dont get it wrong, the mobs are worse than al, bigger hp, and bigger damage

The most expensive gear for tank is gear that have biggest armor and hp

But in al, all tank want damage, all class have to be balance on killing

On my previous games, almost nobody wants to play as a tank

But in al, so many wants to be a tank, 1st because they think they can be a rogue
    With 7k hp and 2400 armor, and 2nd because rogue dont have male character,
    And mage character, idk what to say, bad, ugly kind of think? They should be npc
    Not 1 of our character

I hope you guys understand what i try to say here

Yes, all class must be balanced, but in different way
    Like i said before, rogue for killing, mage for killing support, or defense support
    And tank for taking damage

Nobody cant have perfect achievement on leaderboard,
    Doesnt it looks better when tank have 12k aps, mage 12k aps, rogue 12k aps
    Eventhough maximum achievement is 17800

It cant be perfect, it shows us we need each other, we need teamwork

For me, thats what it should be, but it is what it is

So how i play this game? Just trying to be the best pure tank al ever had (at least
    In my tank version lol), and i stick to believe it, no interest in pvp, since pvp have
    Bad design, and tank still can be easily killed in pvp, so flag achievement without party support
    Is meh to me, no fun

I may not kill, but i taunt and i taunt and i taunt, and when you run with me boys and girls,
    Dont worry, i will always keep you safe and warm 24/7/365

Cheers

Ps : although you guys think that bulwark is junk weapon, im gonna get it, and im gonna
    Face all baddest badass al possibly had, im gonna raise my shield, im gonna protect my friends
    And when the shield breaks off, ill make my body as a shield

Even if it means to sacrifice my life, because im a tank
    Last edited by Chivalrion; 10-27-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    This is the most recent response on page 6 of this thread from 2 days ago:
    No shiny you misunderstand. I saw the post. But there has been an overwhelming response to the "accident". This is a business. They have a responsibility to their customers.