Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    I have no objections in the gems you have hoarded and I know karma* where all running events as I was event constantly invited a few times **by a few of your members .

I also dont question your legitimize either in your acquired wealth as I trust STS would have taken care of any fraudulent stuff by now =)

Also ill make the as clear as possible this is not intended to be a instigation of any sort and I do apologise you feel this way, it is far opposite from my wish.

However lets not beat around the bush you are a experienced player and you and your comrades have from what ive been reading up in the past have voiced loudly about changes to stuff in the past, and lets not pull wool over anyone eyes here, are changes made to "your" advantage.(I say Your in sense of anyone with toons still with unused paragems stashed away hoping to make a good buck out of this sort of change being made)

No other logical reason is there of doing so.

Now nothing wrong with this however not many people will have been able to acquire so many of these wonderful and "exclusive" gems.

Alot of people where struggle just to get a main with 1 para let alone a multiply of toons. This shouldn't be at the fault of the player who has a vast amount of wealth, but you have your multiple gems so let it be.

I just urge you to not get overly greedy and use years of experience to you have towards making subtle changes that will further tip the balance in to your brethren favour and let us little guys have a chance too ^.^

The event is over.

Let it rest.

Lets just look forward to more great fun times with events with opportunities along the way to be had.

But lets leave some dignity in this event and not milk it dry

One <3
    Hey Baron,

I appreciate the more kindly worded post. I really do! It helps keep opinions from turning into flame wars so thank you for that.

Yes, you could see it as the hoarders making gold but the truth is that they already are. If a player is reputable & hoarded para gems, you've struck a gold mine. If a player is not reputable - he/she is basically left with gems that he/she can only use on items that he/she can afford. Now, that's not very fair, is it? What if the player wants to advance? The gems were already used on previous gear so now it discourages advancement of gear. By keeping the gems tradable, this alleviates that issue.

Right now, the value is roughly 1.5-3m per gem. Imagine when the reputable sellers run out? Price rises and it'll become even harder to find someone who has them and is reputable. Thus, this locks players out.

I've already obtained all my gems so this is of no benefit to me, really. It just helps players not deal with the struggle that I had to go through.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Change the color of the stone, and leave it untradable.

There has to be something other than the LB banner and the title that holds some significance for people who participated.

Also, if you can't be bothered to check the item you're buying carefully before trade then you deserve to get it taken by someone who was smarter and more desperate than you.

New Players? Too bad. There's a reason why participating in events is such a big deal in STS games. If you didn't make it to the party, then there will be plenty of items for sale with the gem crafted in it.

For the poor guy who spent all that time farming for the stone?

Use it and make it count, then sell whatever it is you use it on or don't.

Why does every little thing in this game have to be micro managed or spoon fed?
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hey Baron,

I appreciate the more kindly worded post. I really do! It helps keep opinions from turning into flame wars so thank you for that.

Yes, you could see it as the hoarders making gold but the truth is that they already are. If a player is reputable & hoarded para gems, you've struck a gold mine. If a player is not reputable - he/she is basically left with gems that he/she can only use on items that he/she can afford. Now, that's not very fair, is it? What if the player wants to advance? The gems were already used on previous gear so now it discourages advancement of gear. By keeping the gems tradable, this alleviates that issue.

Right now, the value is roughly 1.5-3m per gem. Imagine when the reputable sellers run out? Price rises and it'll become even harder to find someone who has them and is reputable. Thus, this locks players out.

I've already obtained all my gems so this is of no benefit to me, really. It just helps players not deal with the struggle that I had to go through.

Its cool bud, we have passed more then a few comments in game before and should know im always up fora peaceful chinwag ^.^

You make a point about being able to retain some value of the gems and however your method I just cannot agree with.

The beautiful opportunity that arises from these spare gems however then is the use in other gear which will in turn raise that gears value.

By fusing this wonder gift from STS with other gear means people that might not be able to afford the top end gear might have more ofa fighting chance with a buffed up legendary weapon or older mythic weapon which once might have lost its touch but now can be restored.

If you have been fortunate enough to mange to put 1 damage gem in each of the gear you wear then great.

now maybe those spare gems can be put to use in other gear that's bought from someone else then sold off to someone else making the cycle of commerce a more fun and fair place imo
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The common people finally have something the rich want. The rich cry "Make it tradable so I can have yours too" Sorry not this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spasmatic View Post
    The common people finally have something the rich want. The rich cry "Make it tradable so I can have yours too" Sorry not this time.
    If you do not want to sell the gem then do not sell it. This gives players the choice instead of being forced into one option. Please do not make it out to be some hidden agenda. Players always reserve the right to say no. Nobody is taking that right away from you.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I could really use that gem on my twink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

make it can trade. agree to Zeus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bully For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Change colour pls. I get confuse while switching gears in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Dumbest company ive seen. The constant inconsistencies is horrible. Fail management

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

what if STG just chooses to bring the Soulstone back at some point to give new players a shot at it?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Some people want this, some others want that. We'll never get a fully agreed subject. My view on this is; players that weren't able to play during the event. I'm sure most of them would love to own a 'para gem'. What if they become tradeable? They'll remain at a high price which would leave you guys with the same "exclusive" feeling. Anyhow, most of you here have a valid point - but what's there to lose? You've achieved it. For you, not others. +1 to the thread thinking about players that didn't have the opportunity to get their own gem.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    what if STG just chooses to bring the Soulstone back at some point to give new players a shot at it?
    In my opinion, if something is marketed as "exclusive" it should not make a return. This will alienate a large group of people that paid a lot of money for things because they were supposed to be rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spasmatic View Post
    (1) You can sell the gems you earned during the event and earn a substantial amount of gold

(2) The current situation of para gems leaves players vulnerable to scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I see no harm in having them trad-able..Just have a person (npc) in town that can remove the gems that equipped to items already. this would be great for grand gems that have been equipped to items also. But since this is the 1st mythic gem of its kind..they will be very desirable.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I see no harm in having them trad-able..Just have a person (npc) in town that can remove the gems that equipped to items already. this would be great for grand gems that have been equipped to items also. But since this is the 1st mythic gem of its kind..they will be very desirable.
    this would be a great opportunity for a gold sink also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    this would be a great opportunity for a gold sink also.
    Now we are talking..so i can get that mage vanity mwahahahah.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    I have no objections in the gems you have hoarded and I know karma* where all running events as I was event constantly invited a few times **by a few of your members .

I also dont question your legitimize either in your acquired wealth as I trust STS would have taken care of any fraudulent stuff by now =)

Also ill make the as clear as possible this is not intended to be a instigation of any sort and I do apologise you feel this way, it is far opposite from my wish.

However lets not beat around the bush you are a experienced player and you and your comrades have from what ive been reading up in the past have voiced loudly about changes to stuff in the past, and lets not pull wool over anyone eyes here, are changes made to "your" advantage.(I say Your in sense of anyone with toons still with unused paragems stashed away hoping to make a good buck out of this sort of change being made)

No other logical reason is there of doing so.

Now nothing wrong with this however not many people will have been able to acquire so many of these wonderful and "exclusive" gems.

Alot of people where struggle just to get a main with 1 para let alone a multiply of toons. This shouldn't be at the fault of the player who has a vast amount of wealth, but you have your multiple gems so let it be.

I just urge you to not get overly greedy and use years of experience to you have towards making subtle changes that will further tip the balance in to your brethren favour and let us little guys have a chance too ^.^

The event is over.

Let it rest.

Lets just look forward to more great fun times with events with opportunities along the way to be had.

But lets leave some dignity in this event and not milk it dry

One <3
    Hes not being greedy, he is asking for them to be tradable and unsocketable so other players can have a chance at more then one para gem per gear. He gave you an example of how much dmg his rogue had which was quite broken. What hes saying now is to make it tradable so others can have more then 1 para gem for thier gear. I dont see how this is being greedy lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What about players who would loved to sell them because they had like 2 or more but used them because they were not trade-able?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Disagree that was a platinum reward ONLY if you need gold spend more cash
    Last edited by jiph; 11-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Unfortunately i am forced to post again cause the blindness is getting over 9000.

Paragems aside in this game there are MANY items a new player will never get. Arcane Legends feeds on exclusivity day n night.
    New players wont get shady n Surge, they won't get San valentine hearts, they wont get Lb banners, nightshade, will probably never make it for any seasobal LB banner ecc.
    Not to mention when a new player comes his priorities are others: capping, getting a decent pet, getting a couple mythics. The last thing he will think about is having 4/5 paragems so he can kill OP rogues AND FORTUNATELY IF HE WANTS ONE HE CAN ALWAYS BUY IT FROM A ALREADY GEMMED ITEM!!

Coming back to why this suggestion is a game breaker, to compensate Zeus OP damage which is a exception in a vast amount of rogues and players its being proposed to create more rogues like him. In the scenario where there are 10 rogues that OP. You create other 50 rogues that OP so they can kill the previous 10 rogues, You dumb?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post: