Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Impressive event STG!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Flaming is against terms of service.

Why you people are arguing about my experience with pugs when I offered a constructive solution for STS to fix the problems you all say you have encountered is beyond me. Arguing for the sake of arguing when you agree there's issues that need fixing, and my solution would help solve those problems? Pointless.

I don't post on people's threads because they have disagreed with one of mine. In fact, I almost never look at who the posters are when I read the forum. I agree with what I agree with regardless of who says it.

Being a guild master makes one more aware of the average player than many people could comprehend without trying it for themselves. To lead a guild requires a comprehensive understanding of the player base, all classes, their gear, skills, limitations and benefits. I have personally helped over 400 players spec their characters and figure out what was the best gear they could get for their budgets. Even when those budgets were under 10k. I have been doing this since the start of since season 3.
    I am sorry if it looks like I am arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm a new guy here, but I've been reading the forums for a long time and you are one of the rogues, whose advices I value the most and I've implemented a lot of what you've said about builds/gear/etc. in my playing style. So no, I'm not just arguing. I'm sharing my experience. In this case - my experience with the event, the energy system and pugs.

I understand a lot of what you say about energy system or how Tarlok event was better. Now, if you ask me, I'd love to have an event every month. Events are fun. Game is truly alive during events. And I'd love all events to be as free as possible. However, we can't expect those people in STS to do something like this. They've decided on an energy system and I'm okay with it. Of course, improvements can be made and should be made. And honestly, I think there were visible improvements over the previous event. I do believe this event was way better and much more fun than Ursoth. Most people I know - people who ran both - think the same. This is why I am firmly on the opinion that a radical overhaul of the event system is not needed and should not be a priority for the STS team responsible for AL development. Instead, thy should focus on the game that we actually play most of the time. Like implementing something that would encourage people to run elites and Arena e.g. Because we can complain about event pugs till the Second Coming, but what about pugs in Arena for example?

This is what bothers me and I agree to an extent with what Jazzi said above. Some of the top players here have lost touch with the reality in this game. Just look at this - the most talked about topic right now is para stones, people hoarding them, people with 9 para stone builds, rogues with 700, 800, or - I don't know - 1000 damage? And all this while the average endgame rogue has 400-500 damage and is usually extremely happy every time they get a grand gem on their myths (if they could afford myths at all) or expedition bows. If we extrapolate this line of thinking on the event - most people were actually running this event to get a Blinky/Grimm, and those with a bit more time/gold - to get a new title and a cool aura. I myself was so happy every time a guildie, a friend or even a pug mate, who I'll probably never meet again, got a Blinky/Para stone during one of my runs. Because this is what keeps mmo games alive - the average players having incentive to play and being happy after they complete their goals, however insignificant or even laughable they might seem in the eyes of the top dogs. Without the average, casual players, there won't be any op players and arcane gods. As those op players will have in fact transformed into the average ones of a dying game.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    I am sorry if it looks like I am arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm a new guy here, but I've been reading the forums for a long time and you are one of the rogues, whose advices I value the most and I've implemented a lot of what you've said about builds/gear/etc. in my playing style. So no, I'm not just arguing. I'm sharing my experience. In this case - my experience with the event, the energy system and pugs.

I understand a lot of what you say about energy system or how Tarlok event was better. Now, if you ask me, I'd love to have an event every month. Events are fun. Game is truly alive during events. And I'd love all events to be as free as possible. However, we can't expect those people in STS to do something like this. They've decided on an energy system and I'm okay with it. Of course, improvements can be made and should be made. And honestly, I think there were visible improvements over the previous event. I do believe this event was way better and much more fun than Ursoth. Most people I know - people who ran both - think the same. This is why I am firmly on the opinion that a radical overhaul of the event system is not needed and should not be a priority for the STS team responsible for AL development. Instead, thy should focus on the game that we actually play most of the time. Like implementing something that would encourage people to run elites and Arena e.g. Because we can complain about event pugs till the Second Coming, but what about pugs in Arena for example?

This is what bothers me and I agree to an extent with what Jazzi said above. Some of the top players here have lost touch with the reality in this game. Just look at this - the most talked about topic right now is para stones, people hoarding them, people with 9 para stone builds, rogues with 700, 800, or - I don't know - 1000 damage? And all this while the average endgame rogue has 400-500 damage and is usually extremely happy every time they get a grand gem on their myths (if they could afford myths at all) or expedition bows. If we extrapolate this line of thinking on the event - most people were actually running this event to get a Blinky/Grimm, and those with a bit more time/gold - to get a new title and a cool aura. I myself was so happy every time a guildie, a friend or even a pug mate, who I'll probably never meet again, got a Blinky/Para stone during one of my runs. Because this is what keeps mmo games alive - the average players having incentive to play and being happy after they complete their goals, however insignificant or even laughable they might seem in the eyes of the top dogs. Without the average, casual players, there won't be any op players and arcane gods. As those op players will have in fact transformed into the average ones of a dying game.

Thank you.
    I don't think she was referring to you. Probably the OP, based on his posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    So you say you runned with pugs? Hahahah make me laugh more please. If you would have really runned with pugs then you would know that before the refinement patch appeared, on lower levels, the 2nd boss, the wolf, killed anything, even 5k hp tanks at lvl 25. The mobs panic was horribly lethal. Gratefully, STG team fixed it up few days after some of us complained. Please post your lies in your own threads where sun shines at your order, here I won't get scared of your arrogance.
    No one takes the person flaming others very seriously. From what I can observe, Sera has done nothing wrong but present solutions to the problem, while you have depicted her negatively.

You have the right to have opinions and others have the same right, regardless of its differences compared to yours. I can go in depth, but I'm sure you understand the concept.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 11-05-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hi there!

This is a general reminder to keep the discussion constructive. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serancha View Post
    you make long-winded posts about what i said but never even read my posts.

I have never suggested removing the energy. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said keep the energy for in-town portal (easy-access) use for the people who can/want to play that way (leaderboard runners would still use this), but add back in the free after-boss portals like we had in tarlok, so people without as much money can run and enjoy the event more.

And for your information i didn't "run a few times until i got bored", and i did run pugs and never met one that couldn't kill any of the bosses, or took more than 5 minutes to do so. I have multiple characters, most of which are legendary. So i suggest unless you know what you are talking about, you take your condescention and place it gently where the sun doesn't shine.
    burnnnn!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Aside from the DISCONNECTIONS and PATCHING on ANDROIDS..

My rating 8/10.

Thank you STS. Kudos to you guys!