Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When you were new..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i got scammed at my 1st vanity , after that i starting to buy plat .. purchase lepre ^^ now 300k daily income btw i love to restart my alt lvl to remember me when i was a noob ^^

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

When ethyl was first released i saved for it and managed to get one for 60k which was all i had i was broke, then next week it was 5k -.- Lol

Ign: Manipulativ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I started with during the final month of Kraken update, and I pvp lvl 10 with pierce, nox, aim, shadowbolt who cares about heal, stats distribution and skill upgrades; I just spam all my 3 arrows like theres no tomorrow and pierce away when the going gets tough!
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I just learned how to invite people to a map...

Like last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

-when i was a nub i was like wow those rogs dash n 1 hit everything at brackenridge...then i asked a rog how to 1 hit then he/she said that "u must be a pro" then i was like "ok"

-when i first went to pier i saw everyone yelling "Selling lockeds" then i said "buy locks" i was so curios so i bought one and spent a whole day trying to do offers to open one lock...and all i got was 2 devo armor and gold :|

-frost was my best pet

-during the nordr expansion i walked through the ice and couldnt move and i thot that my pc's arrow keys are broken...and it took me 3 weeks to finish the whole questline and only knew later that the ice is the cause i couldnt move :|

-i also put all my stat point on my mage to str cuz i want my mage to be "TANKY"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

i forgot these lol

-i started during the mid-kraken expansion and only reached lvl 25....i never really experienced to cap until the shuyal expansion

-after i capped i wander in the city of kelys and used o stalk junglejan and mightysorc(lol) until mighty asked me if i wanted to join Eminence :3 lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

- Put all my stat points on STR because I was tired of dying
    - Put points in durable and speed passives (I'm a rogue)
    - Didn't have bow skills because I thought you need a bow to use them
    - Ask on guild chat "How do you get reroll?"
    - Didn't know you can just click on auction to open it. I used to use the cs in Kraag because they are less crowded
    - Frost, Blight and Cinder were my top pets because they hit multiple enemies
    - Move from map to map using the teleport
    - Didn't know how to send invite to party members till last season
    - Didn't know you can check prices of items for classes and levels other than yours by unchecking usable only, so kept asking mage/warrior to do price check for me

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

"Experienced"-.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Well when I started the game I saw the other 2 starter pets listed in stable for 9k and I sat there thinking WTF!!!!! 9K?????? I had only 50 gold at the time. The I looted a crate and was roaming around in outpost asking for a key. I sold it for 5k (which was the cs price I later realized so ty for not ripping me off whoever bought it). That got me super excited.

I was roaming around flaunting my gold till someone showed me 150k. I went crazy, cussing him out, calling him hacker etc etc. The a couple of days later I felt what Columbus felt when he discovered America. I had discovered the CS. Till now, I played under the assumption that pots should be saved up and sold. Slowly I built my gold up to 100k (to this day idk how). Maybe I looted a entombed hammer. Nordr was latest release at that time. I got the best legendary gear possible (noble set and entombed warfare I think) and started farming elites and elite golden warchests. Then I tried PvP, got 1 hit by a rogue, quit the account and built a rogue.

Soon I discovered KM3. I farmed it till I could afford to buy mythics. Then my account got scammed and when I got it back I had 4m. Bought a mythic ring and started regularly PvPing. It also got me thinking as to how anyone could earn 4m in a week. My dear friend Eridah showed me the world of merching. I still suck at it but now mythic weapons are finally in sight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Hmm my first plat purchase was $5 I think, since I didn't know about the first time buyer bonus (clearly I'm blind and couldn't read the screen)

I did this so I could buy blight from the stable for plat because I didn't know there was any other way to get it and I really wanted that adorable green dragon.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I joined saw pro pvpers and wanted to be one spent 45$ for aba got good gear and pvped on my 18 warrior made new one lvl 20 pro with crawly then elon event got 8 dova sold 6 used 2 on him that's my story lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

when I was a newb I used up all the platinum offers and bought nordr and betrayer vanity and feeling generous, I gave away my betrayer set :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

When I started I was anti-pot too, potions price seemed too high at the beginning so I think I used max 5 potions in the first week
    I was upset when I discovered I couldn't open 2 eggs of the same pet because I wanted one pet with the low levels passive and 1 with the higher lvl passive
    Oh and I sold for 0 my first level cap banners because there wasn't a way to expand inventory without platinum
    Last edited by firechandra; 11-05-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I started playing al last year August and started pvping this year actually been solo ever since ,I always try to die a lot in the process to see where mistakes were maken and tried to atleast build survivability even tho undergeared and as a rogue normally when there is clash I only use aimshot to save my manna consumption, if another player is by their self then more mana would be used. But when I first started pvp It took me many deaths because I tried new things like pvping naked to see if I could win. I started getting better the more I died, and I practice kill steals timing with just 1 skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I started mid season four

* i dont use pots i wait for heal and regen because pot price is expensive at that time
    * i dont know what the auction is until im lvl 25
    * i wanted a dev maul soo bad that i bought one 5 lvls below my lvl just for looks
    * i thought using the pet aa decreased happiness
    Last edited by Migzorille; 11-07-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

well... i Knew such mmorpg before so i guess i was ok with the game. In short i am Experienced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I knew little about the other classes' spells - as a mage, I thought shadow veil was a boss attack and ran from its aoe whenever I saw it.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    I knew little about the other classes' spells - as a mage, I thought shadow veil was a boss attack and ran from its aoe whenever I saw it.
    That's very funny. lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

"When you where"-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

First scam I ever got as a beginner happened right after I open kraag. It was season2 when I started this game.

I didn't realize there is an auction in the game, didn't even know I can trade gears with others.
    Someone pm me selling a legendary gear for 20k. I answered I have only 10k which I made through quests.
    He said 10k would be fine and trade it. I didn't even think that I have to check stat of the gear and just gave him 10k. Haha

Weeks later, I found many other things and realized I got scam.
    My noobie experience.
    Aegis