Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragkin teeth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't mind being rich or poor in game....pls sts stop the test server already we can't farm teeth because of disconnection...enough already....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I'm glad some of you are actually looking at MY point of view instead of just thinking about how easy it personally was for you and your selective elite friends
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I never said it was easy did you see my post on the second page?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuorsyra View Post
    Elite tindirin is not that easy period!
    Ofc you can run that place in 15 min or less if you're in op parties but anyway, that's still a huge waste of potions...
    You should try understand noobs mentality. Spending a large amount of money on potions is a don't for newbies, I don't think they're willing to spend 30k on potions. And there are other things, for example I'm a noob, and I feel quite uncomfortable when running in a pro party, I feel like this is gonna be my last run with them, they're gonna kick me out, they're gonna call a stronger player to replace me..
    This might sound silly but these are all factors that might discourage players.
    Btw I ran elite wilds in a legendary pt a decent one, 2 wars 1 mage and 1 rogue, and couldn't proceed, kept dying I still remember that cuz I never died so many times in a dungeon run.
    I dunno who said elite tindirin is easy to complete with legendary gear as long as the pt is skilled, but that's not true.
    That has happened to me once before and til this day I feel more pressure than I should to not fq up as much as I possibly can. Which makes the game feel a little less fun
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

One point however is that the drops in elites right now are worth only a fraction of whst they used to be which makes running elites less fun and enticing. You have to work even harder to make money... back when I ran the magmatic totem of brutality was 1.4m which made running enticing. I completely know how guys feel about running elites and being poor because I was in your shoes before. I had to sacrifice my friendships in my guild in order to join a new elite farming guild. That is what I sacrificed in order to get richer, but right now, it might not be worth it since drops dont really pay too well for their effort

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    I ran with legendary equipment in elite tindirin to get the drops and gold for a mythic set, you just need to run with some op friends, it certainly can be fit for players with legendary gear

But glad someone sees it from our point of view
    Last edited by CheifR; 11-10-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thats true, I was fortunate enough to find a friendship with bigoggy who helped me, but I remember that same feeling of being under equipped and looking like a noob with fadedtwo and candylicks having full myth and samael etc. And they discluded me from some runs because they wanted to go faster and I completely understood.

Also feocalev for some reason kept running with me who had glaive and samael while i had an expedition bow and tarlok armor and i thought the best pet was malison.
    Last edited by Dogoeswoof; 11-10-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I think it's really hard for new players right now. You need to get into a good guild, to get into a good guild you need to have decent gear/stats. (You can get nice stats with legendary gear, add some gems and you're good to go.) To get that gear you still need to be able to make gold, and lockeds and elites offer half of what they used to be worth. I don't have any problem running with new players in elites if they use pots. That's my biggest pet peeve(Not saying y'all don't use pots)... It's possible to spend 15-20 mins in Breck and farm a locked for pot money to get be prepared for elites. It's also being courteous to the other pt members.

Soon though with the tombs the best gear will be available to everyone. Just need hard work and pots..(hehe)

Whenever someone calls you noob just shrug it off. The fact is that EVERYONE was new once. In reality 80% of the time the person calling you a noob is new too and they're just trying to look cool.
    Last edited by Raregem; 11-10-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I think it's really hard for new players right now. You need to get into a good guild, to get into a good guild you need to have decent gear/stats. To get that gear you need to be able to make gold. And lockeds and elites offer half of what they used to be worth. I don't have any problem running with new players in elites if they use pots. That's my biggest pet peeve(Not saying y'all don't use pots)... It's possible to spend 15-20 mins in Breck and farm a locked for pot money to get be prepared for elites. It's also being courteous to the other pt members.

Soon though with the tombs the best gear will be available to everyone. Just need hard work and pots..(hehe)

Whenever someone calls you noob just shrug it off. The fact is that EVERYONE was new once. In reality 80% of the time the person calling you a noob is new too and they're just trying to look cool.
    I think my problem is that I spend 40% of the time I play AL helping noobs when I should be helping myself..
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    I think my problem is that I spend 40% of the time I play AL helping noobs when I should be helping myself.
    See even you say noob... just cut that word out. Why can't you help yourself and help new players at the same time? There's no reason you can't say "sure, I'd love to help but I am doing this why don't you come along with me." Chances are if they are truly new that they will be learning something, so it's win win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    See even you say noob... just cut that word out. Why can't you help yourself and help new players at the same time? There's no reason you can't say "sure, I'd love to help but I am doing this why don't you come along with me." Chances are if they are truly new that they will be learning something, so it's win win.
    The only reason I say noob is cuz everyone else does. Hell I even call myself it everyday lol. At this point I don't consider"noob" an insult but another word for "less experienced"
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Noob has a bad connotation though, less experienced is a kinder way to call someone who is new rather than what most people say. For instance, enemy guilds call full myth/arcane players noobs in pvp when they lose or get killed in hopes to hurt or taunt others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    Noob has a bad connotation though, less experienced is a kinder way to call someone who is new rather than what most people say. For instance, enemy guilds call full myth/arcane players noobs in pvp when they lose or get killed in hopes to hurt or taunt others
    I see what you mean. I'd hate to be hypocritical by saying how some people don't look at other's POV and turn around and do the same
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nah it's attitudes that need changing not drop rates. Only reason why so many r calling for the latter is coz it's the easier option.

This so-called "noob" mentality that's been mentioned - get out of it fast. The sooner u can distinguish who's a good PVE player and who's not, the more fluid and fun ur farming grind is gonna be. Skills > Gear - for rogues/sorcs, a telltale sign is when their killing speed seems higher than the stats u see when u bring up the char screen. Also watch the way they group mobs and tackle bosses. The whole run feels different. This is abt being able to look past gear and recognize a skilled player on any platform from the way they move. I've met several under-geared players that show more skills than old timed runners, so don't be so easily impressed by shiny things or numbers on an avatar.

Time will fly and the teeth will follow :3
    Last edited by Heiress; 11-10-2014 at 09:45 PM.

R E T I R E D . S P E E D . D E M O N

αβ H e i r e s s θΩ

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heiress For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiress View Post
    Nah it's attitudes that need changing not drop rates. Only reason why so many r calling for the latter is coz it's the easier option.

This so-called "noob" mentality that's been mentioned - get out of it fast. The sooner u can distinguish who's a good PVE player and who's not, the more fluid and fun ur farming grind is gonna be. Skills > Gear - for rogues/sorcs, a telltale sign is when their killing speed seems higher than the stats u see when u bring up the char screen. Also watch the way they group mobs and tackle bosses. The whole run feels different. This is abt being able to look past gear and recognize a skilled player on any platform from the way they move. I've met several under-geared players that show more skills than old timed runners, so don't be so easily impressed by shiny things or numbers on an avatar.

Time will fly and the teeth will follow :3
    I will repeat... That's all dandy but it doesn't take skill to stop yourself from being one hit plus more dmg output can and does play a large part.
    My point is for one, you can be skilled yet not have the gear to tackle certain situations

You pretty much pointed this out for me but not all players have that kind of experience nor do they know people with that experience nor do they even know that there is different ways to go about these maps so will ANY of you show me some legendary geared non-plat players run these maps being oh so skilled? Otherwise I can't just take your word for it

Have you not read the plenty of experienced players talking about losing much more than they're gaining?(not to mention hours of time they'll never get back being unproductive.) You guys are probably in the situation to where there's way less that you have left to accomplish so to take time to do this may seem much less of a problem.
    NOTE: If u can get that "skilled" team make sure they aren't wearing vanity during the run so I may see their gear
    Last edited by CheifR; 11-10-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

You pretty much pointed this out for me but not all players have that kind of experience nor do they know people with that experience nor do they even know that there is different ways to go about these maps so will ANY of you show me some legendary geared non-plat players run these maps being oh so skilled? Otherwise I can't just take your word for it
    I have already taken on this challenge: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...irin-The-Wilds

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I will repeat... That's all dandy but it doesn't take skill to stop yourself from being one hit plus more dmg output can and does play a large part.
    My point is for one, you can be skilled yet not have the gear to tackle certain situations

Have you not read the plenty of experienced players talking about losing much more than they're gaining?(not to mention hours of time they'll never get back being unproductive.) You guys are probably in the situation to where there's way less that you have left to accomplish so to take time to do this may seem much less of a problem.
    NOTE: If u can get that "skilled" team make sure they aren't wearing vanity during the run so I may see their gear
    I'm a mostly elite legendary player, and I got my elite skill by my very awesome guildmates. Also there are many guides about elites

20. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I have already taken on this challenge: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...irin-The-Wilds
    Nice guide! It'd be great for getting the achievements there! But at the same time proves my point on how unproductive it can be. Although it is a helpful guide, repeating that process as a way to farm would be extremely painful.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I'm a mostly elite legendary player, and I got my elite skill by my very awesome guildmates. Also there are many guides about elites
    Did you read the meme I made earlier on this thread? Lol
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

So..do you want new myth pendant exclusive only on locks ?

This is good people can farming for mythic rarity item. U just too lazy