Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merching?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I read this thinking it was posted like today.... And first mill on malis?!?! You think you can take me with you? Lol you guys always seem incredibly efficient to me.
    IGN: CheifR
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Supply too big demand is low. Plus the game is broken so no one really cares to buy anything since they can't use it to run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    Hey guys! Skull here, and I was wondering....why is it so hard to merch in AL? I was a very good merch in PL, and I made tons of gold. Although in AL it's become a struggle to merch. I'm not too hardcore of a merch but in my spare time I like to buy some items a bit cheaper then usual and merch them ( obviously lol. )
    I just recently spent some of my gold buying a level 5 Sorcerer's Theurgist Jacket of Will. I've been trying to sell it for a while but no luck. Can anybody give me some tips on merching? I have about 300k to spend now.
    Some questions that I would love to be answered:

-What items should I merch?

-Should I merch holiday items?

-If an items costs approximately 325 - 350k, how much should I buy it for to merch?

I would really appreciate some tips from Love, or Apollo as I hear these 2 are master merchs.
    Please add me In-Game and/or post here, Thanks!

The economy of AL is unstable at the moment but ill give you some tips in merching.

1. Know the supply and demand in the game: (Always check Auction for this)

Sometimes, people hoarding items. You should be able to know that by checking auction and staying in towns where people spamming to sell stuffs like Pier and Expedition Map. Also, it is advisable to always check forums too if you really wanna do buy and sell as profession.

2. Know the SAFE PRICE: (Always check Auction for this too)

If you will buy and sell something, the safest buying price is less than 30% price from auction. This way, it will allow you some days of holding the item (if ever you werent able to sell it same day) But, I will strongly advise to sell same day cause since the economy is unstable, we dunno what will come the next day.

3. Best items to merch: (Based on my own experience)

I started merching since Season III. And from what Ive learn and I can suggest it to merch CONSUMABLES rather than unstable item prices. I suggest to merch ARCANE PETS since this stuff cannot resell once used. It can easily sell too as all players wanted arcane pets. But if you have low budget and just starting in merching, I suggest to start with Mythic items like helms, armors, amulet and ring. Also, watch out in vanity merching, sometimes they are good to merch too however, you need to learn the SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

4. Be an aggressive mercher:

You know what this mean I am sure since you already merched in PL. You know exactly your target price. ITS FIRMED! NO IF's and NO BUT's!! STICK TO THE PRICE AND THATS IT!

5. Never sell your merching stuffs in another mercher:

This will ruin your business. Stay away with merchers and just do what your target!

6. Do not afraid to say "NO" and reject offers:

Being a merch requires good deal and negotiations. And we always have our target price. If the deal is not good and makes you uncomfortable, do not afraid to say NO. And be friendly enough as you can.

7. WE ARE THE MARKET!

Always think that you are the market. They need you and they need your item. Be tough. No one will offer you if they dont need it.

8. Always have fun merching and welcome to wonderland!

Thank you guys!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=104188&dateline=14070  59351

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beatrix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

It's really your timing. Anytime new content is about to come out the market freezes and everyone hoards their gold for the new stuff. It's happened always since I started collecting on season 4.

Right now is a collectors favorite time since prices on old gear is low and no one else is buying. Figured this out the two weeks before shuyal came out. Picked up all the sets I was missing for half normal price.

The other problem is the lack of collectors in arlor anymore. When I first started collecting gear there were a lot of others doing the same thing. Now it's rare I find another gear collector.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The only way to really be able to merch is to merch items that drop to farmers. Unfortunately in AL, there is little demand for anything that drops until long after it is discontinued. So that makes merching not something that can really be done regularly. All you can do is hope to find mispriced items in the auction, or hope to find someone stupid enough to sell you an item for way less than it is worth. The days of buying items from farmers to resell at a small profit are over, because nothing that actually drops to farmers is worth anything anymore. There is far too much legendary items dropping and most of them should probably be epic or rare as they don't even have good stats. Mythic and arcane are the only items that really have any demand, and because 99% of them come from locked crates and not as drops, there is really no market to merch them. Merching in AL today means opening locked crates, hoping for mythic or arcane items, and then selling them.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-13-2014 at 12:43 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: