Thread: Elites 100% tooth drop rate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Elites 100% tooth drop rate

Elites should have a guareented tooth drop every run. That's still 150 runs(For dragon bar) which if you average runs at 10 mins a piece is 25 HOURS of grinding. 25 hours... Let that sink in with 100% chance. Now if you're starting at 0 then it's probably 40 or more hours of elite runs to get ONE item.

Please change the odds so you get one per run.

Thanks!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

GOOD suggestion.+1
    Out of thanks though.

Ps: recovered one.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-12-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

AMEN!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Yes, I love farming. But farming should give a player progress.. No matter how small it is. I wouldn't even mind if the pricetag was bumped up as long as each run guaranteed me a closer spot to my goal.

The Blacksmoke elite quest in PL was a good testament to farming.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Even if it was a 50% chance, it would help give elites a purpose.

It was advertised that tooth drops were to be higher in elite, but to make elites have an actual benefit, that increased chance needs to be high enough to outweigh the additional time and costs of elites. I think perhaps this was not taken into consideration when that "better chance" was calculated.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

100% agree
    elites popularity +1000 (temporarily at least)

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Yes, I love farming. But farming should give a player progress.. No matter how small it is. I wouldn't even mind if the pricetag was bumped up as long as each run guaranteed me a closer spot to my goal.

The Blacksmoke elite quest in PL was a good testament to farming.
    Exactly it gets discouraging! The new tombs offer a guareented crystal per run so I don't see why it's not the same for elites in regards to teeth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

+ 1
    The dead cannot be killed.
    Ft. Nuisanze, Crucifixxion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Why should this change now if it wasn't changed back when it was released as arcane ring's component? If it wasn't for the mythic recipe 0.5% drop rate, we wouldn't be having an issue with teeth, I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Why should this change now if it wasn't changed back when it was released as arcane ring's component? If it wasn't for the mythic recipe 0.5% drop rate, we wouldn't be having an issue with teeth, I believe.
    Honestly there wasn't anything worth farming teeth for before.. the dragon bar for half a second. Now we have a pet and the bar. Why shouldn't we get a tooth a run? We get a planar fragment a run. We aren't putting in any less effort, pots etc in elites than we do in tombs.

It would still take a long time to get 150 teeth or a 125 with a guaranteed drop. It would feel more rewarding as well. There's no feeling of accomplishment when you've ran 4-5 elites in a row with no return. The loot is already eh as it is and you just end up wasting gold in pots.

Every time I do a planar run at least I know I am moving forward with the fragments, even if i loot an epic at the boss. There is no sense of that in elites regarding the teeth, just wasted time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

It makes sense because we'll need a ton of those planar shards (100 for one ingot + 100 more for recipes of a set) plus 60 more for mythic amulet. And that's if you want to craft just one set. Planar Tomb is supposed to be the elite of elites, hardest content to date so it's more reasonable to have 100% drop rate since the boss can pretty much one-hit everything but arcane rings. In comparison, poor Wild's dragon can't even one hit a singe buffed mage with anything else than AoE. And let's not forget teeth can also drop in normal tindirin, which means accessible to a much larger player pool.

I don't want to see drag bar falling to 1.5m by the end of the month. Recipe is out of reach for legendary geared players; take the value away from the one thing they can farm and they'll just have to stand there cross fingered while the top 5% does Planar.

Yes to a buff in drop rates or a double dragkin rate week but not 100%. It will just devalue everything too fast (and the new dragkin pet sucks unfortunately so very few will spend on it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I agree +1 to idea

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    It makes sense because we'll need a ton of those planar shards (100 for one ingot + 100 more for recipes of a set) plus 60 more for mythic amulet. And that's if you want to craft just one set. Planar Tomb is supposed to be the elite of elites, hardest content to date so it's more reasonable to have 100% drop rate since the boss can pretty much one-hit everything but arcane rings. In comparison, poor Wild's dragon can't even one hit a singe buffed mage with anything else than AoE. And let's not forget teeth can also drop in normal tindirin, which means accessible to a much larger player pool.

I don't want to see drag bar falling to 1.5m by the end of the month. Recipe is out of reach for legendary geared players; take the value away from the one thing they can farm and they'll just have to stand there cross fingered while the top 5% does Planar.

Yes to a buff in drop rates or a double dragkin rate week but not 100%. It will just devalue everything too fast (and the new dragkin pet sucks unfortunately so very few will spend on it).
    So your argument is legendary players will have nothing to make gold from and the price will fall? When it takes 60 hours to get one bar you think anyone enjoys that? It gets discouraging when you have so many dry runs in a row, people just give up.

Let's account for time here since you're using legendary players as a large part of your reasoning. Let's say 17 min run average for leg that's 42.5 hours(for a bar) with 100% drop rate. How many players are going to run 42 hours straight to get the bar?Realistically you'd be looking at two-four weeks for one bar per player.

The price of the bar was most likely so low before because it was only used for a ring and let's face it a shard was not sitting in everyones back pocket. Low demand for it.

And I'm fine with them raising the cost of the bar to 200-250 teeth for 100% drop rate. I just want to see progress.

The likelihood that this will happen is probably the same as the mythic recipe drop rate, no need to worry Maddy.
    Last edited by Raregem; 11-18-2014 at 05:56 PM.