Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Service Stabilization Update 11/26/14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I still have lots of lag spikes, however I don't DC as much as before. It seems to be getting better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

For the past two days I have been able to do what I haven't been able to do for weeks: run maps in a party or with randoms. Yesterday I did several elite Wilds run and didn't dc at all. Today I did more elite Wilds and normal Wilds run in full party and doing sizeable pulls and had absolutely no dc, on my part. One of my normal Wilds party (a warrior) dc'd twice in maybe 8 runs. I had been playing my rogue but saw mages in parties dropping clocks just fine. Some of the randoms I ran elite Wilds with complained of lag and some eventually dc'd but they were not all mages. Had a warrior and rogue dc'd from lag too.

I had 1 sec freezes maybe twice, but ping stayed stable at around 390-500, and that's saying something since I'm in Indonesia and a lot of the networks here are unreliable.

I do experience major lags, with ping ranging from 5k to 30k in guild hall though. I didn't dc but it makes conversations awkward.

In general I'm seeing improvements. Thank you so much for all the hard work on resolving this issue. The improved stability really makes the game that much more fun again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I get disconnected alot times in a day..wel start of this event no more dcs...thousand times thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Futumsh, null_void, Allotabit, Samhayne, and several others, we think we have a handle on the DCs. Without getting too technical ('cause I am not very technical) it had to do with the network layer and the amount of data going back and forth between client and server. We put some things in place that should prevent the wide-spread DCs, and we have a list of other items to work through to decrease the traffic even further, so hopefully you will see service getting better and better.

For now, let us know here... how is the game playing? Better than before? Are you mages back to dropping clocks?

Again, we are very sorry for the interruption of service. It's quality will remain our top priority. Thanks for the patience and invaluable help you folks provided us!

Best,

- Gary
    Thank you very very much!!!!!
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Are you guys seeing an increased frequency of freezes (but not DCs) from recently?
    But yeah a lot of freezes almost no DCs
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was pretty pleased playing today, only dced once and like others posted, ping goes up but comes back down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Only froze once, no disconnections at all. It was an extremely graphic-intense moment so there should be no real problem here. Previously, freezes would subside after a few seconds but this one time it just for over a minute so naturally, I refreshed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

In my situation, I experiencing less DC but ARCANE Ping then.

*Arcane Means Red. LoL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm seeing a very strange lag issue.... here is an example of what happened more than once today...

We have a 4 player party in planar tombs. 3 of the players all appear to me to be fighting the mob we are currently fighting at close range, but the rogue in the party appears (on my screen) not to be nearby. I can see on the mini map that the rogue is far behind us on the trail, but I see arrows from that rogue's bow flying past me into the mob even though my mini map tells me the rogue is nowhere near us. Then after about 30 seconds of this, the rogue suddenly flies by me (as if someone pressed FF on the VCR) and enters the screen to fight the mob. Apparently the rogue was there the whole time, but for some reason my game client forgot to update the rogue's position on the screen even though everything else was proper and staying current. So what I was seeing was some kind of lag, but only in certain aspects of the game. Strange right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I saw such "flying" moves long time ago before this DC issues as well. It's probably because of network lagging of that player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    the rogue in the party appears (on my screen) not to be nearby. I can see on the mini map that the rogue is far behind us on the trail, but I see arrows from that rogue's bow flying past me into the mob
    This happened to me twice before this whole issue with chronic dc's cropped up. The first was on elite Jagged Trail, and the second time at Watcher's Tomb 4. After the problem with pernicious dc's started, it happened once when I joined a normal Wilds with a warrior and rogue in it. I saw the rogue still standing and shooting at the last turn before the path that leads to boss place. When I arrived at boss place, I saw the warrior already fighting a dragon with arrows flying in from the nonexistent rogue. The boss fight seemed real time to me, my arrows finding a target and doing dmg, but invariably after these kinds of episode I would dc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Keep getting system maintenance in progress every time I log out and try open game. Little strange as after few times am able to load game.

"Winter is Coming" :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game freezing in 1-2 sec in pvp (TDM) with 300-400 ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yeah..Im not able to log on because of a service maint.
    When will it be over?Thanks guys for your efforts.
    Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, Gary the servers seem a little better since the last update. Yet I have still be disconnecting a lot in the Planar Tombs (any of them.) Also, I have been disconnecting in the towns at time. You might blame part of this on my internet, but in the tombs it's at least 20 times a day. Normally between 12pm and 6pm CST.

-Smokey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are you guys seeing an increased frequency of freezes (but not DCs) from recently?
    yes

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Great feedback folks. We are doing a full audit of all our network traffic, and we do have a big ol' pile of things to look at, but we're going to let it run like this for the weekend. Keep up the descriptions of where you are having problems, it is very helpful.

Thanks,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

This may be completely unrelated, but isntead of dc my game crashes, this could easily be a problem on my end, but idk...I got a crash maybe 3 time an hour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Fix this now please?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk