Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why Breeze Shouldn't get Nerfed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XfrostfireX View Post
    It really irritates me when people are afraid of change. How do you expect the game to continue being fun if everytime something new comes out it gets nerfed because it is better than something in previous years. Thats the point. To keep the game moving.
    What I've noticed on forum is that when something competes with the elitist gear or pet it's ...too OP.....NERF it. Also when these very people loot something rare like the imbued armour, they will HINT at STS to NOT change the drop rate, cos they have it and they don't want others to own it. That's all I have say on the matter.

I personally hope they never NERF Breeze just to annoy these nerfmongers. They complain about...what if 4 breeze pets in pvp, but they are most likely the same people who have used 4 Sams for the last 3 seasons in pvp.

It's not all about pvp there is a pve element to the game and maybe this pet would allows us to deal with elite mobs better. Nerfing it would probably make it useless in pve.

Look at the sad case of Nekro, people spent real money looting the fossil from chests, and then spent time and effort into crafting it via a quest, then nerfmongers started complaining that this NEW arcane pet is better than all previous, and guess what.....it got nerfed so badly, it's now a pathetic excuse for an arcane pet.

Just my 2 cents here.....When you make a very long winded quest with extremely rare drops and where it also costs us real money, the thing needs to be OP. I don't want to spend my money and you the devs get bullied into nerfing the damn thing.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 12-03-2014 at 04:06 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

STS should toughen their stance on decisions theyve made, so they should really form up a dedicated team testing out all new contents. A dedicated team as in people affiliated with STS as so the nature of their results are available to them first hand not from players who sometimes are bias and sometimes add personal sentiments for the item.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

It's not that its just OP - which is fine! I never could in a million years afford Samael and I'm not going to try so this pet is everything I wanted! BUT.

There's OP, and then there's crazy-out-of-this-world-too-good-to-be-true. A pet that stuns you for SIX TO SEVEN SECONDS WITH NO IMMUNITY? Seriously? NO other pet can compete with this. Some changes have to be made.

That being said, pls pls pls don't go overboard with the nerf...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post
    I agreed 90%, Frozen should be less often and this is a great alternative against Samael

Come on! Samael has been rocked from 3 seasons!

I still can't buy samael :/, Frozen it's my only option against SnS and Samael and all the others OP Pets!

Also I guess the frozen can be avoided with razor shield and Jugger
    Freeze does work on a war with active Jugger. Not sure about the razor though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Quit crying just so things get nerfed.

Lol

"Pls buff bulwark it sucks" then..

"Nerf bulwark it's too op" now..

"Buff bulwark it sucks again"

"Nerf singe it's stats are too op" then..

"Pls buff singe it's useless" now..

"Nerf singe hp gain it's too much for twinks"

"Nerf Nekro it's stats are too op" after nerf..

"Nekro is useless pls buff"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UndeadJudge For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #66
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've sent a note to the devs to see what insight they can bring about this new pet.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've sent a note to the devs to see what insight they can bring about this new pet.
    Please don't nerf it -.- gosh the other pets have been out for far too long. There should however be a way to counter this, let's just say maybe heal skill for any class has a 25% Melt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Most of whats being said in the don't nerf category in this thread would probably be more well received if it were a new mythic/arcane pet. It seems to clearly be a mistake unless devs wanted a legendary pet to be better than all mythic/arcane pets for PVP. People keep bringing up sam, but it seems this pet is more useful than ALL other pets in PVP as of today. If breeze doesn't get nerfed then make him mythic/arcane and make it 2K fragments as the first farmable mythic/arcane pet. I do suppose it's too late for that though as people already own them. I think it will probably be nerfed for PVP like it or not. New Legendary Pet should not be the best pet for PVP. It should be better than the last legendary pets. On par with early mythic pets, and not of arcane value. For those arguing that sam and sns have ruled, the appropriate solution would seem to be release a better mythic and preferably arcane pet. Make breeze competitive but not on par with arcane pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CAK Vader View Post
    Please don't nerf it -.- gosh the other pets have been out for far too long. There should however be a way to counter this, let's just say maybe heal skill for any class has a 25% Melt.
    If it were to be OP, they would've made it of arcane rarity, or even higher. As a legendary pet, I don't think it fits its title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

You know what would be good right now? A Scorch buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Lol

"Pls buff bulwark it sucks" then..

"Nerf bulwark it's too op" now..

"Buff bulwark it sucks again"

"Nerf singe it's stats are too op" then..

"Pls buff singe it's useless" now..

"Nerf singe hp gain it's too much for twinks"

"Nerf Nekro it's stats are too op" after nerf..

"Nekro is useless pls buff"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its because they cant find a good balance, even its too op, or useless.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hey everyone,

Oh gosh, looks like the nerfmongers won this round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

I agree keep pet as it is, kinda fun to be frozen, pet is easily obtainable via cs or fragments and makes PvP crazy

"Winter is Coming" :O

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by famousfame View Post
    I agree keep pet as it is, kinda fun to be frozen, pet is easily obtainable via cs or fragments and makes PvP crazy

"Winter is Coming" :O
    Yup yup

Winter is comming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

That pet is out of control atm. EVERYONE is buyin it..

I saw it for the first time in action in twinks.
    We made a little guildfight between 2 guilds and the lvl15s team used 1 breeze vs full 17 team without breeze.

Guess what happens 17 team got totally destroyed by this pet. It don't freeze 1 player it freezes up to 3 players and sometimes it lasts for 8 seconds. Thats just crazyyy lol

I rather like a mage to freeze me, than a pet who does 90% of the job in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    That pet is out of control atm. EVERYONE is buyin it..

I saw it for the first time in action in twinks.
    We made a little guildfight between 2 guilds and the lvl15s team used 1 breeze vs full 17 team without breeze.

Guess what happens 17 team got totally destroyed by this pet. It don't freeze 1 player it freezes up to 3 players and sometimes it lasts for 8 seconds. Thats just crazyyy lol

I rather like a mage to freeze me, than a pet who does 90% of the job in pvp
    theres tricks on how to avoid getting freezed if you are not the one who is targeted by the pet. If they know it, it wont be that struggle for the lvl 17 team.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

How you wanna avoid the crystal? if you are all grouped in a clash you can't even see it..

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #78
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Here's the latest update on Breeze from STS Design: Breeze's AA's will remain the same, but will now be subject to freeze/stun immunity in PvP. Not necessarily a nerf, but just setting it to perform as intended. I hope this helps. This update will go in with our next content push some time next week.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Remiem. Most people have not commented on this, but the AA states that the blue circle is supposed to give a damage buff to your party / self. It does not.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

I've clashed with it and there are many strategies to get around this using two warriors+. Honestly I'm having fun with this new pet, my stats are horrible but it feels like I moved my Sam from my 41 to my 15.

SNS drops 6(7,8?!?not sure) pools which scatter. Of course they won't autotarget. The freeze is only one pool which is avoidable if not being targeted by it. Even then, if you move past a wall or corner while it uses the AA you will only get the initial 1 second freeze and the freeze pool will appear on the opposite side of the wall preventing the main freeze.

I'm pretty sure breeze was intended to be op as how it is. It is very useful and brings in something new into the game. The design of the pool is exactly the same as the sns pools apart from the color, ice crystal, and size of it. I'm sure it was intended to be a "brother" of the sns type pet when it comes to the AA.

Poison, heal, and freeze pools are currently out (not sure if more with the new pets). I find this to be very unique and fun and I expect to see more in the near future (movement reduction/ debuff removal/ teleportation etc.). new aspects of the game starting to show and is honestly making this game fun and interesting. People that complain about a nerf tend to be people that don't want something new to overpower their gear/pet. Also they won't do anything about this except complain for some nerf which will keep the game static. There is always a way to counter something in this game, just have to go out and find out yourself. Just the way every player had to go out and earn deaths to earn their place in pvp.

About the nerfs

1. The auto target shouldn't be affected. I'd be more scared of a randomized drop pool in the direction of the target. There are many reasons behind this and I'm sure many of you will realize this. So I will keep quiet on this subject.

2. The freeze time seems overpowering in a 1v1 situation, but in a clash there are countless strategies to get around this. I don't think the freeze time should be reduced, but instead reduce the # of frozen people. 2 max. Possibly have the freeze pool dissappear when a second player gets frozen.

3. The only real nerf I expect to see has to do with the passive. The frequency is above the charts and can be timed to give a long lasting freeze with the AA effect. The passive should be less frequent and should fall under the stun immunity system with the AA and passive themselves. The freeze itself is already being ignored by a target that has recently been stunned by something else. Only step needed is to have the AA get ignored if the target was recently frozen by the passive and vice versa. As I've heard this is already being applied.

My thoughts didn't change much after I got the pet. Having a team that has the pet and knows what they are doing when the pet is around is all you need to counter it. As far as Jugg and razor go, I remember being immune to the freeze when I used Jugg. I am just not sure if I wasn't frozen because:

1. I avoided it

Or

2. Jugg prevented it

I haven't really tested Jugg so I probably have no place to talk about this.

+1 to the pet
    Last edited by Volt; 12-05-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night