Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the recipe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We do look at this stuff on a regular basis. We also very much appreciate your feedback (when it is given in a non-angry fashion)..
    Haha, I LOL! yeah justg posting here proves that they too read our "dramas and feedback etc.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I would really like to know what metrics you consider to decide drop rates and how increasing the mythic amulet drop rate would create such a huge impact in economy.

I understand keeping mythic stuff mythic, but at the rate you guys release new mythic weapons it seems a bit contradictory to go for that "keep economy balanced" speech.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Questions about drop rates and such are great feedback and response.
    Questions:

1. Was the drop rate nerfed after the rain weekend, yes or no?

2. Why do you nerf / boost drop rates and not tell the community? FYI behind the scene changes, whatever the reason, will be seen as manipulation by your customers. That should be obvious by now.

3. Why can't the loot table drops remain consistent -whatever the payout is? if it's too high or low, you already know (or should) - if you don't, feedback should tell you to run a sql script to find out. Once you have that data, announce it to the community IN GAME. Add a message to the guild logs, anything to squash the perception of manipulation.

If you want the devs to hang out here and interact with the community, it is necessary for us to keep it drama free. I am here and listening, thanks for keeping it level.
    Drama is a part of life at some level - but drama in this game, whether it be PVP, or drop rate drama, has a single source. Once you guys turn around and look in the mirror, perhaps you'll understand where the solution has to come from, rather than blaming it on the forum community.

Don't forget, the drama you are getting is because people still care about this game and their investment in it. It's high level is directly related to that investment and a desire to continue to invest in this game. The window of opportunity STS has to capitalize on this desire to invest, seems to me, to be closing quickly.

...Ota

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Buffing and nerfing drop rate isn't called balancing economy. Make one decision and keep it on that, don't change n change.
    The way it is now, it's rarer than Challenger ap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Questions:

1. Was the drop rate nerfed after the rain weekend, yes or no?

2. Why do you nerf / boost drop rates and not tell the community? FYI behind the scene changes, whatever the reason, will be seen as manipulation by your customers. That should be obvious by now.

3. Why can't the loot table drops remain consistent -whatever the payout is? if it's too high or low, you already know (or should) - if you don't, feedback should tell you to run a sql script to find out. Once you have that data, announce it to the community IN GAME. Add a message to the guild logs, anything to squash the perception of manipulation.

Drama is a part of life at some level - but drama in this game, whether it be PVP, or drop rate drama, has a single source. Once you guys turn around and look in the mirror, perhaps you'll understand where the solution has to come from, rather than blaming it on the forum community.

Don't forget, the drama you are getting is because people still care about this game and their investment in it. It's high level is directly related to that investment and a desire to continue to invest in this game. The window of opportunity STS has to capitalize on this desire to invest, seems to me, to be closing quickly.

...Ota
    Great shout!

Pointing fingers to community wont help solve a thing....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Great question. The answer is that customer opinion is one aspect, but we also need to look at the actual data to make informed opinions. If we asked you: Do you want more cool stuff, faster, for less work, the answer is always going to be "Hell yeah!".

Keeping the economy balanced, however, requires a more in-depth look at the actual metrics. We do look at this stuff on a regular basis. We also very much appreciate your feedback (when it is given in a non-angry fashion).
    I see where you're going, and I fully agree. However what I'm saying is that a poll like this will most likely widen customer input, and thereby lead to decisions that conforms with the majority of the costumers instead of maybe just a few posts/rants (not saying this is the case at the moment, but there will always be preconceptions). More importantly it will lead to increased custumer trust, since more people will voice their opinions.

tl;dr an easy fix that might calm costumers/players down a little.
    Last edited by Mouly; 12-11-2014 at 10:53 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Put the disappointed/angrered under "drama category".

Problem solved.

I value my money.

Problem solved.

When there are industrial quantities of suggestions and feedbacks rotting, and the same mistakes, the same complaints are made everytime with no results...i think the last solution for a player that cares about AL is highing is voice, after which he leaves the game...then there is silence and you think all is well.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-11-2014 at 11:09 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Yes this is bad, I meet a lot of player platinum what cannot play while no was nerfed the recipe, and now they are making a guild called PLeasewewantrecipe for that STS hear them

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

But well let say you comunity that I only must is wait hmmm 5 seasons, to buy all because now imposible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Questions about drop rates and such are great feedback and response. Accusations of us scamming and rants about not buying platinum are drama. We listen to the former, believe me. The latter are non-productive, lead to piling on, and in general make the forums a poisonous place. If you want the devs to hang out here and interact with the community, it is necessary for us to keep it drama free. I am here and listening, thanks for keeping it level.
    Ok i have a question, why was the drop rate nerfed? It wasn't so great at all, max numbers of recipe in auction was around 5-6. But now there is simply no drops at all :/

No recipe, no money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I don't know why it is so difficult for you to answer our questions. It's as if you're using the "negativity & drama" card to point fingers at the community to place fault on us and keep the focus off the questions that we're asking. It's as if you're punishing us by not answering our questions because we're not nice enough to you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to leeelooo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

If i where sts, id say this was a glitch, sorry for the trouble and all the extra drops them days, we will work on our loot tables so this dont happen again.. wwkwkwkawkwk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to illwilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    If i where sts, id say this was a glitch, sorry for the trouble and all the extra drops them days, we will work on our loot tables so this dont happen again.. wwkwkwkawkwk
    Yeah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Questions about drop rates and such are great feedback and response. Accusations of us scamming and rants about not buying platinum are drama. We listen to the former, believe me. The latter are non-productive, lead to piling on, and in general make the forums a poisonous place. If you want the devs to hang out here and interact with the community, it is necessary for us to keep it drama free. I am here and listening, thanks for keeping it level.
    If you don't answer questions don't you think it will cause negative rants and assumptions. Its clear to everyone you made the recipe drop for "some reason" then without a word nerfed it. You're actions can be percieved in many ways and is having a negative impact. Deal with the questions and solve the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

This need a explication STS e.e

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I agree we need to be more transparent about our drop rates and the reasons behind them. That being said, after verifying with the design team the drop rates were NOT nerfed after the weekend. Regarding drama, here is what I have posted about it in the past:

It is not about us wanting praise or shying away from criticism, it is all about tone. The forums are an excellent place for us to find out what is happening in the games immediately, as well as garner opinions and ideas for upcoming development work.

We hang out here, and communicate directly with you. Without moderation, they could easily devolve into a pit of poison. If this were to happen, none of the developers would want to hang out, and the games would suffer greatly because a fantastic communication channel would be lost.

So be cool and let us know what you think, and also realize that we WANT to communicate with you in a level fashion, and it is all good!
    So stay tuned on this issue, and thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Justg; 12-11-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I agree we need to be more transparent about our drop rates and the reasons behind them. That being said, after verifying with the design team the drop rates were NOT nerfed after the weekend. Regarding drama, here is what I have posted about it in the past:

So stay tuned on this issue, and thanks for the feedback.
    So, just a thought, is it possible that since it was 2x Mythic chance on lockeds weekend and some possible bug it affected the drop rate of Mythic Recipe?

If it was the case and you guys corroborate it on forum (and please dont use it as an excuse you havent thought of), I still wanna see the drop rate ratio for this item and request a buff.

I still think there was something wrong and still is about the drop rate, it was raining recipes during weekend and now just it aint droping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Not nerfed?

Then why is that, we keep running arena in that time, because we heard every day 4-5 people looted recipe, and there was around same amount in auction for sale always. But since then, recipes disappeared from cs, and i havent heard anyone looted. I check traders market also, this was the last available: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pendant-mythic he might looted, or found in his inventory from earlier, i dont know.

I remember in season1 there was a period when malison eggs simply stopped dropping, maybe the same bug?
    Last edited by Haligali; 12-11-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

So it was completely random for those recipes to drop in such a way that weekend? Seems highly unlikely they would go so dry after dropping so much.

Definately seems something effected the rate that weekend even if was unintentional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Question:

1. How many dropped during the 2x weekend?
    2. How many have dropped since?