Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Should a noob get involved with the Winter event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whizzyrich View Post
    Thanks for the helpful reply.

I tried again a couple of times this morning to clear a single map. Everyone in my party just gave up both times leaving me facing certain doom. Made me think that the devs have another market segment in mind for their own brand of gold farming. ☺ The not welcome mat is definitely out there and I would have to be blind to not see it. ☺

Anyway it just send pretty pointless for someone as squishy as myself. At least I can farm some reasonable stuff on regular maps.
    Don't get dissilusionated. Just find a strong party and rock that. Maybe joining a guild helps breh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Hi again guys,

Just to paint a picture of what it was like running the Winter event - does anyone recall the Foreman vs. Frazier fight? ☺

Truthfully, I would rather do something else than watch my toon flat on its back for 4 minutes out of a 8 minute fight. The other 4 minutes I'm running back to the fight. ☺
    Like I said, the event would last a month. If you run watcher's tombs in the meantime you would soon level up to a point where the event boss is scaled better. In the meantime, don't quit running the event. You are still able to get the tokens as long as you're in the map. Use lightning, fire, clock and shield. Make sure you shield first before you drop clock It's only 3 runs a day, anyway. Levelling may not be important to you, but things will get easier once you reach a higher level. Furthermore, a lot of people are running tombs now so you can get a party quicker. Like I said, just try to keep it up till you get the recipe for tarlok gems (wisdom, preferably so you can keep some for yourself). And then you can just craft gems for selling.

What's your ign btw? Let me see if I can find something in my sorc that I can pass on to you. It might help a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I already thought of that, but when I joined a guild I was just totally lost. I think guilds are probably more appropriate for those who have been playing this kind of app for a while. I've only been at it for three weeks. Maybe the next event?

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Ticklish,

Thanks for the offer to help me out!

Ign: WizzyRich

Stats:

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-10-14-12-04.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  180.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-10-14-12-13.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  249.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

End game farming makes life much easier. You're missing out
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

My suggestion? Take the first week of event speed leveling to 40 in tombs, crafting energy from essences you collect. Mages level fastest of all classes. Event bosses are easy and PUG more reliable at 40+ level. Or join a guild and party up. Many will accept level 40 with no fuss now and every level 40+ is always calling for party. Use up all the energies you have crafted and get the tokens and buy recipes so you can craft the gems and event lockeds and Frist the frozen reindeer.

I'm not sure of next event. Seems to me next year we will be looking at expansion and new level cap before there's another event. Event is where many make the money and investment that can support them outside of event. And this one is a month long. Plenty of time for you take advantage of it.

And I don't know which guild you joined, but if the words/phrases used in the convos confuse you, you can always ask, if not on gc, then by pm to officers. Or...well you can join mine. We will try help you as much as we can. Whatever you decide, don't give the event a miss. As flawed as it is in many respect, it's still a good money-making time.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 12-11-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I Ilhanna,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It was very informative.

Being new to this app and genre, I am pretty lost in guilds and everyone seems to be pretty busy. As for the Winter event, I enter it once a day to see how things are going. The parties I run with all give up pretty quickly. I'm usually the last one to say goodbye.

From what I can tell, Spacetime devs know who spends real money and what gets them to spend. Clearly the event is not targeted to me or others like me who quickly quit. There is another segment of the player population that is enjoying it and spending money. If I recall, 1% of all app players account for almost all app revenue. I think the Winter event is targeting these players. For me it is pretty much a non-event since I'm not going anywhere beyond the initial levels - if even that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Even if u dont farm energy u can get plenty of tokens. Best advice buy a locked recipe and sell it. Gud money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I Ilhanna,

Being new to this app and genre, I am pretty lost in guilds and everyone seems to be pretty busy. As for the Winter event, I enter it once a day to see how things are going. The parties I run with all give up pretty quickly. I'm usually the last one to say goodbye.

From what I can tell, Spacetime devs know who spends real money and what gets them to spend. Clearly the event is not targeted to me or others like me who quickly quit. There is another segment of the player population that is enjoying it and spending money. If I recall, 1% of all app players account for almost all app revenue. I think the Winter event is targeting these players. For me it is pretty much a non-event since I'm not going anywhere beyond the initial levels - if even that.
    ? I have a,lvl 30toon as well and we always finish the map!!!
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    ? I have a,lvl 30toon as well and we always finish the map!!!
    Today we completed one map. Took two strong warriors. So of course it is possible, but I'm not going anywhere. I would need to consistently be part of a strong group which is not happening. But like I said, I go once a day so things may improve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I Ilhanna,

I haven't spent a dime on this game and still look at it as an opportunity to earn tons!!(I'm for the most part a, legendary geared player as well) It seems everyone is pretty much telling you this is the best time to earn $ WHILE LVLING. This is the most productive possible time to be playing. Take the advice, join a guild and run. There is no complications to being in a guild. They're just friends to talk to and help you when you need it (which you do) so if you REALLY wanna advance in this game- heed the advice of these veteran players that have also extremely helped me grow accustomed to this game aswell
    Today we completed one map. Took two strong warriors. So of course it is possible, but I'm not going anywhere. I would need to consistently be part of a strong group which is not happening. But like I said, I go once a day so things may improve.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    I haven't spent a dime on this game and still look at it as an opportunity to earn tons!!(I'm for the most part a, legendary geared player as well) It seems everyone is pretty much telling you this is the best time to earn $ WHILE LVLING. This is the most productive possible time to be playing. Take the advice, join a guild and run. There is no complications to being in a guild. They're just friends to talk to and help you when you need it (which you do) so if you REALLY wanna advance in this game- heed the advice of these veteran players that have also extremely helped me grow accustomed to this game aswell
    Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it. But let's face it, the Winter event is designed to make money and we know how it's done as one veteran app player to another.☺

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it. But let's face it, the Winter event is designed to make money and we know how it's done as one veteran app player to another.☺
    If i can run this event on a,lvl 15 and a,lvl 31sorcerer(that is super undergeared) than you can friend Cheifko and let me run with you
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    You get 3 free energy balls to use
    I like the way u mentioned balls there lol

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hi Wizzy, it seems like you created this thread not to get help, but rather to continue to complain about the monetization model. There are a ton of helpful people here, if you would let them.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hi Wizzy, it seems like you created this thread not to get help, but rather to continue to complain about the monetization model. There are a ton of helpful people here, if you would let them.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I got the info I needed. Tried it out, and my opinion is the Winter event is all about creating peer pressure and I am beginning to feel lots of it. It is the essence of all of all of these kind of apps. For the same reason I avoid guilds. Sooner or later the peer pressure starts seeping in. One thing I did notice was the preponderance of rogues in leader positions. I am not surprised that I spend most of my time flat on my back. ☺ So thank you everyone for the extremely helpful advice but let's consider this thread closed. Thx again!
    Last edited by Justg; 12-12-2014 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Less sweeping generalization.