Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Restoring the Balance of Arlor | Important Changes in the 12/11/14 Update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Good job to those who looted it also about changing it that's ludacris how would you feel if you looted only to be told sorry have to change it back
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    ― dr.seuss
    SL retired.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reconstruction For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Good Evening Legends!

Remiem here with some important info about the latest Arcane Legends update on 12/11/2014.

The Unexpected Return of Shady and Surge

It came to our attention today that the Locked Grand Crates of Ursume has a very small chance to drop the Shady and Surge pet egg instead of The Brothers Whim. Our devs were able to react quickly and switch the pets out in the loot table so, as of this announcement, The Brothers Whim now drop as intended and Shady and Surge have been removed.

Luckily, thanks to the fast acting fingers of the devs the impact of this bug was minimal. Our numbers show that only 8 Shady and Surge eggs were introduced into the market as a result of this error. Again, I apologize for this unfortunate mix-up. The nature of the ever-evolving MMO means that something things like this do happen, and the best we can do is to rectify the situation as quickly as possible and move onward and upward! To the lucky recipients of the Shady and Surge eggs, we do not have any intention to remove these extra pets from the game. It was an honest mistake on our part and you rightfully paid to open the crates, so they are yours to keep. You lucky ducks really were at the exact right place at the right time.

As always, we appreciate your understanding and will do everything in our power to reduce mistakes like this in the future.
    This goof up clearly shows that devs/ mods screw around with loot tables as and when they like. This only proves that there is no so called luck in this game and STS throttle loot as an when they like.

Could Devs/ Mods clarify if the new mythic bow and gun were added to the loot table on the day #1 and #2 of the event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defiling View Post
    I guess the best move that STS should really do to fix this issue is to replace the looted Shady And Surge egg with Whim. It's really unfair for those who spent a lot of time running the LB just to have that pet. Remember it is supposed to be a Leaderboard Reward and should be kept that way. For the record, I don't own a Shady and Surge. I just want to speak on behalf of those who really worked a lot to have this pet. This is really a disappointment. My apologies STS but I think the terms "Honest Mistake" and "Lucky are those who looted it" are really unacceptable right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nerf SNS, reduce the SNS damage pools in PVP to 1. Some kiddish players asked to nerf breeze and STS did it. Why not nerf SNS in PVP and what's the red tape all about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Zzzz
    Last edited by heisenberg; 12-12-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Fix sns before further release.
    Lol@balance.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-12-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Well people got the recipe they wanted. Congrats to the 8 new sns owners. Sometimes glitches and timing work out well. It's not the first time. The op pirate rings and archon rings dropping were two that come to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is not a bug, it's a huge injustice, I 've been playing for many hours and days to lb with friends that I closed my eyes, and many silvers , energys , gold , elixir ,time ,etc ,,,, and read this NEWS. I can not believe me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

finally possible loot recipe?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Is it me or they buffed the mushrooms damage in arena?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    ........ How the heck did this happen... We pay for a game who is broken gg
    Who asked you to pay?

Anyways, I don't understand why all I see is complaints, complaints and complaints. Most of them, from the richest players in the game. Developers are developers, people who design, create, invent and bring to life a game. They can't always make things perfect. They try their best to apologise and put a little bit of positivity in all of you. I'd love to see some of you at their place. Do you think that posting things like ''wow you suck'' or ''wow this is stupid I hate this game now'' will help? Do you think it'll make everything get better for you? No. Just appreciate what you have. Look at others, they complain about how to get 5k gold or how to be good at PvP. But here is full of rich and pro's complaining about seeing a few more SnS in the game? Alright. Just doesn't sound fair neither right. That's just my little piece of word.

Anyhow, I appreciate that you've let us know, Rem!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychologist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb

buying s&s... lol! I'm still mad I have a job and couldn't have reasonable chance to get the pet too...
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    what i don't understand is, HOW IN THE HELL, sts mistype WHIM to SHADY AND SURGE in ursume lock loot lol. it's amazes me then again yea my nekro arcane skill from 40% terrify to 40% Banish hahahaha.

i hope those sns egg were just a typo, when you hatch it. it'll become whim instead lol. then good game to those who paid excessive gold for it xD.
    The way that the mistake happened is that in the file naming structure goes by art, rather than pet name. Shady and Surge use the same skeleton as The Brothers Whim, so they are named very similarly in our system. Of course, that doesn't make it excusable, but just so you all know the behind-the-scenes of it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killarrow View Post
    This goof up clearly shows that devs/ mods screw around with loot tables as and when they like. This only proves that there is no so called luck in this game and STS throttle loot as an when they like.

Could Devs/ Mods clarify if the new mythic bow and gun were added to the loot table on the day #1 and #2 of the event?
    I understand your assumption, but this is not the case. The Locked Crate of Ursume was a new item, which means new loot table. When creating the loot table, SNS accidentally got switched with The Brothers Whim. To reiterate as I said above:

The way that the mistake happened is that in the file naming structure goes by art, rather than pet name. Shady and Surge use the same skeleton as The Brothers Whim, so they are named very similarly in our system. Of course, that doesn't make it excusable, but just so you all know the behind-the-scenes of it.
    To address your other concern, yes, everything other than The Brothers Whim was in the loot table and correct, including the frost-touched mythic weapons.

Again, we apologize for this mix-up. We are not blind to the potential economic impact, and that this news will come as a disappointment to those who obtained SnS through the Ursoth leaderboards. We will continue to keep an eye on your feedback and decide what, if any, further action should be taken on this matter. As it stands, we plan to leave the new pets in game and learn a very big lesson from this going into the future.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #74
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

UPDATE: Our Data Analyst ran another set of numbers and discovered that indeed only 2 Shady and Surge eggs were introduced into the game. The other entries in the database were trades and sales of those 2 pets among other players.
    | | | |

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

O.o just read this thread...wow...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

we should all be glad what happened to steam network holiday thing didn't happen to us!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/2p1u6q/steam_auction_gem_duping/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._valves_steam/

rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    UPDATE: Our Data Analyst ran another set of numbers and discovered that indeed only 2 Shady and Surge eggs were introduced into the game. The other entries in the database were trades and sales of those 2 pets among other players.
    hmm
    Melissa.Mls/ Melisaz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Exactly. Wasn't it mentioned in the chatbox by a dev after Elondrian event that SnS would return in winter? Perhaps it was intended and the new locks were designed like that but then they changed their mind but forgot to take it out. In any scenario, more SnS means more newbs get to win effortlessly and consider themselves pros. Other than that, swapping the eggs with whim is not a good idea at this point even if it's manageable.

Actually no, that conversation was about whim. It was me that got them confused (they're both small and double...really)
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

STS has yet to do a full server reset on their mistakes... will this time be the one? nope! So 2 more people got S&S, I don't see what the big deal is now. That's only 2 more to the world of Arlor XD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!