Thread: Long shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Long shot.

I know everyone talks about the Harg'Kyth crash. Having seen it about one hundred forty seven times in my own ventures, it is getting annoying, and when you farm the stage for hours, you have no way of telling you dropped a Relic or not.

This is a long shot.... but is there any possible way... ANY at all... to track drops higher than Legendary, should they happen? Just for this stage. The problem hasn't been fixed, so maybe there are ways around it that will make it easier for everyone trying to get a decent drop. It does seem like a hell of a bug with no known triggers or offending variables.... complete random cases of nope.

I was wondering. Something that will track if you drop a relic, and basically give a flag of true, or false, if the player was or wasn't able to pick it up. So that way, if they go to support, it can be checked by representatives or something.

It probably sounds dumb....but hey, it's an idea.

There are plenty of people who still love to play Dark Legends. It is saddening to think about this once awesomesauce team edward pwning game to go downhill like it's old news. Many people have invested in it, and continue to.

Oh no! I'm rambling!
    See yas.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gynesis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Oh yes really gynesis, I really appreciate this idea becuase i have suffered form harg kyth's crash >.< Hope if sts can make through this. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gynesis View Post
    I know everyone talks about the Harg'Kyth crash. Having seen it about one hundred forty seven times in my own ventures, it is getting annoying, and when you farm the stage for hours, you have no way of telling you dropped a Relic or not.

This is a long shot.... but is there any possible way... ANY at all... to track drops higher than Legendary, should they happen? Just for this stage. The problem hasn't been fixed, so maybe there are ways around it that will make it easier for everyone trying to get a decent drop. It does seem like a hell of a bug with no known triggers or offending variables.... complete random cases of nope.

I was wondering. Something that will track if you drop a relic, and basically give a flag of true, or false, if the player was or wasn't able to pick it up. So that way, if they go to support, it can be checked by representatives or something.

It probably sounds dumb....but hey, it's an idea.

There are plenty of people who still love to play Dark Legends. It is saddening to think about this once awesomesauce team edward pwning game to go downhill like it's old news. Many people have invested in it, and continue to.

Oh no! I'm rambling!
    Great idea! If you can't fix the bug...(and they have tried...there were old updates long long time ago where they tried to fix the problem but it still is there)...least fix the most annoying part of the crash.

I love the idea, but people might not see what they dropped before it crashed. STS probably doesn't want everyone that crashes opening support tickets in case they dropped a relic.

So I would suggest a modification of your idea:
    Instead of just saving the info and waiting until a person possibly opens a ticket...

If a character drops relic at harg, set dropRelic flag to True. Record what type of relic: hammer, axes, or gem.
    When character collects relic, the flag gets reset to False.
    When character logs into dl, check if dropRelic is set to true. If so, add correct item to characters inventory and reset flag to False.

This way it is all automated, no interaction from support needed.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

5. The Following User Says Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Something has to be done, seriously. Even if the drop rates on that level were adjusted because of the crash. Like, hey, we know this messes up, so we upped the chances of it dropping. Just something...
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

yeah i know hours of farm and still u got nothing and the bad part is bug crash