Thread: Curse in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Curse in pvp

Is curse still good in pvp? What additional skills should i unlock on the curse skill? There is a 15% damage reduction that i can unlock from the curse skill, is it wise to unlock that ability? Someone said that the 15% damage reduction was bad because it limited the damage that the enemy receives when they attack because their damage is reduced. Is that true? Thanks for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

hmm upgrade all apart from damge reductuion that is what i do on my lvl15 twink dont know abt endgame build

3. The Following User Says Thank You to siddhant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    hmm upgrade all apart from damge reductuion that is what i do on my lvl15 twink dont know abt endgame build
    Im gonna be twinking at level 26. Thanks for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    Is curse still good in pvp? What additional skills should i unlock on the curse skill? There is a 15% damage reduction that i can unlock from the curse skill, is it wise to unlock that ability? Someone said that the 15% damage reduction was bad because it limited the damage that the enemy receives when they attack because their damage is reduced. Is that true? Thanks for the help
    As far as twinking, Curse is a requirement for every mage. It sucks at endgame. The 15% damage reduction does not affect the damage output from Curse. I would go 3/5 Curse (last two upgrades), as skill points are extremely valuable at lower levels, especially for mages. Have fun twinking 26 was my favorite bracket!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    As far as twinking, Curse is a requirement for every mage. It sucks at endgame. The 15% damage reduction does not affect the damage output from Curse. I would go 3/5 Curse (last two upgrades), as skill points are extremely valuable at lower levels, especially for mages. Have fun twinking 26 was my favorite bracket!
    Thanks, i already maxed all additional skills on the curse skill :/ also i noticed that the damage reduction was 10% not 15% D:

Robhawk

At endgame nearly no good mage uses curse anymore. Even in clashs its not as good as it used to be. When i play vs a mage who uses curse he perhaps wins the first fight but with the same strat he will lose 80% of the following ones!
    To tell you what the counter to a "vs curse mage" is -> charge gale and fly away till curse is gone ad then you have 2 attack skills vs his 1 while curse is on cooldown and thats mostly GG only some very lucky crits could help him there!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    At endgame nearly no good mage uses curse anymore. Even in clashs its not as good as it used to be. When i play vs a mage who uses curse he perhaps wins the first fight but with the same strat he will lose 80% of the following ones!
    To tell you what the counter to a "vs curse mage" is -> charge gale and fly away till curse is gone ad then you have 2 attack skills vs his 1 while curse is on cooldown and thats mostly GG only some very lucky crits could help him there!
    Yea thanks. Curse mages are not supposed to be good for 1v1, they are more of a clash build or support build right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    Yea thanks. Curse mages are not supposed to be good for 1v1, they are more of a clash build or support build right?
    Correct.