Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Winter Event 2014 Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

BUG FOUND
    Event locked crates at lvl10 are dropping lvl11 gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The drops in the greater chest could use some tweeking. I have opened about 20 greater chests on different levels. About all were either 2k or 5k gold drops with exception to 1 armor drop and an event energy. Could the gold be taken out of the drop table for greater chests and maybe increase the drop of armor and frist recipe. The chest drop itself is rare and the craft time is a crazy 12hrs. At least make it worth it for people spending 150 tokens and 12hrs to craft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do i find syrillax i cant find him almost impossible i wasted 3 or 4 energies just finding him i only battle with tarlok or with the tribesman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWiz View Post
    Where do i find syrillax i cant find him almost impossible i wasted 3 or 4 energies just finding him i only battle with tarlok or with the tribesman
    not impossible, it gets easier as you move up the tire, i get him almost every run now (im plat tire btw)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiddyMakeit View Post
    The drops in the greater chest could use some tweeking. I have opened about 20 greater chests on different levels. About all were either 2k or 5k gold drops with exception to 1 armor drop and an event energy. Could the gold be taken out of the drop table for greater chests and maybe increase the drop of armor and frist recipe. The chest drop itself is rare and the craft time is a crazy 12hrs. At least make it worth it for people spending 150 tokens and 12hrs to craft.
    I think frist recipe should not have been made stashable. People have just made frist factories and the price is abysmally low already. Increasing recipe drop won't help things.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I think frist recipe should not have been made stashable. People have just made frist factories and the price is abysmally low already. Increasing recipe drop won't help things.
    Even if they didn't make it stashable. People would just swap the egg instead of the recipe. Its kindof a lose/lose there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thought for the Devs.

If energy where to drop all year round maybe the 4 hr craft time would be bearable for alot of users.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lidless View Post
    I was actually having some fun at the start of this event, but now i realize this event is pointless to run. The token rewards are completely useless in value compared to what it costs to obtain them as well. I have a lot to vent about so ima start ^^

I enjoyed halloween event. It cost a lot to run for lb spot, but i was able to enjoy hoping for certain items and token rewards that i knew id make a little gold from to help fund my runs. This event? Thats out of the question. Im on the lb right now and i have to enter every zone knowing without a doubt i will not earn anything at all from it.

For example, in plat tier the greater chests are mainly the best ill get. When i open them i get some crappy frigid armor sometime, but mostly its 2000-5000 gold. This is over 30+ opened so far. Ever since the update nobody in my guild has seen an Eye of Syrillax drop. When it comes to gear from greater chests...the ring was the only viable item that may be worth something, and it doesnt even exist.

Now then lets talk about the bugs. I bought the Orb of Ursume which is supposed to prevent crits and increase my dmg by 50%. I spent extra gold to purchase this early on since im not a plat user. This orb no longer works. It will randomly work for a split second then the dmg buff vanishes again. It also doesnt mitigate crits anymore. I solod my way to plat tier which the bosses were somewhat challenging, but do-able. Now? Impossible for me.

This isnt entierely because of the gem. Its also the fact the minions you kill end up blanketing the map and absorbing all the damage which makes Syrillax insanely annoying and tedious to fight. Sure you can use strategy to work around this, but from a lb perspective...this is very very troublesome.

Id just like to know. Have any of you out there doing this event seen an Eye drop (excluding plat tier reward) since the last update? For me to keep my spot on the lb i have to run this event knowing i have 0% chance of obtaining the only item that is worth anything in this event. Not to mention using way more potions than usual because of bugs.

Feedback welcomed. Im very disappointed atm ;o

My Orb doesn't seem to work at all, yet I still wear it in hopes it will.
    As for syrillax eye drop. I've pick up 3 eyes so far from defeating Syrillax (excluding my plat tier reward of enchanted eye)
    However, I have killed Syrillax 245 times...
    Last edited by Kanaomi; 12-16-2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Typo

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaomi View Post
    My Orb doesn't seem to work at all, yet I still wear it in hopes it will.
    As for syrillax eye drop. I've pick up 3 eyes so far from defeating Syrillax (excluding my plat tier reward of enchanted eye)
    However, I have killed Syrillax 245 times...
    Yea it turns out its just so rare i thought it was a bug ;p... the orb is definitely broken though for sure.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

It seems like this thread was created to burry concerns and issues people are having with this bug-riddled event ;o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lidless View Post
    Yea it turns out its just so rare i thought it was a bug ;p... the orb is definitely broken though for sure.
    345 kills now, and 4 eyes...lol definitely a rare drop :<

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Im just over 300 kills and 2 eyes ;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

160 Syrillax kills, 2 characters to plat, and 0 eyes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

106 Syrillax kills on two toons: 1 eye + 2 more for party mates. On the other hand, I know a guildie, who is still gold tier (meaning not many Syr kills), but already looted 2 eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This event would of been a success if you would of made the eye purchasable with event tokens. I would gladly pay 1000 tokens for an eye vs 950 for a recolored vanity.
    Last edited by DiddyMakeit; 12-26-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I would just like to say one thing:

Excellent job on the frost fiend this event!

In past events these bonus critters have been excessively annoying, following you around and stunning you, or wasting your time for little no reward or a valueless egg. This time they are not difficult to kill, they give you a nice token, and they don't hinder your play at all. This is the first event since the introduction of event critters that I have enjoyed the little guy, rather than finding him a PITA. So thank you devs for getting this one on target.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Definitely a great job on the design, and I'm happy to see that Tarlok returned. I'm disappointed that it's so costly. Just to make it to LB is like 60m, which is less than the event prize value. I think you should up the difficulty of the bosses, it's just a boring, long slap fight between me and Skrillex (Syrillex? I can't remember it's name), no real challenge, it's easy to pot through. I like the different tier awards. It makes it worth getting to at least gold. The Eye drop should be higher (As should the rest of AL's drop rates. It's more profitable to not buy all the needed, and necessary items for elites (Ankhs, pots, luck kits) than to actually farm elite). Haven't played much of the event, but what I tried has been decent.

Regards
    Noisykillar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Add a cool particle effect to enchanted eye pls

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi STS, so the event ended? It was great, I had fun; but what happened to the cool down period? I would love to use the tokens I've been saving for some chests or Breezaga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Should be able to reach the event map through the messenger in towns, Manhands.

Overall I found this event extremely disappointing. Even after being adjusted, the Eye of Syrillax was in no way worth the cost of the 150-200 runs it took to reach plat. I fought Syrillax over 300 times, getting 3 characters to platinum tier, and did not loot a single eye. So I got 3 useless recipes. This does NOT constitute a reward for 4 weeks of daily runs + tomb grinding to get the energy. Nor was it even close to being worth 15 gems, 10 plat AND an item that almost never dropped.

The severely lowered drop rates on normal essences, especially Fire and Glacial, made it next to impossible for anyone who plays fairly to make money. Yet those who don't play clean were seen to be making a fortune on the CS - the same names repeatedly selling stacks and stacks of Tarlok Gems. There is only one way anyone could make that many, and it's not by fair play. I got a new pet and levelled it to 41. At the end I had enough essences for 4 Tarlok Gems. I leveled another pet to 40 on another toon and got enough essences for 5 Tarlok Gems. Lowering the drop rates this much seems both cheap and excessive on the developer's part, as it just feels like they were trying to force us to spend plat on essences in order to craft.

I get that STS is trying to help the economy by making things harder to obtain so markets don't get flooded. However, they would do better by keeping drop rates reasonable and cracking down on the unfair play practices that cause market flooding, rather than punishing the rest of us.

There is a difference between making things rare for the economy, and making the game totally unrewarding. Lately Arcane Legends has been heading in the latter direction.

• To run for an entire month and not loot a single eye to use the hard-won recipe on?
    • To run planar tombs 250 times and loot 3 chests containing a single epic item in each?
    • To run Planar Arena 400 times with absolutely 0 return on investment?

These are accurate stats, because they are my own. Keeping items rare is one thing, driving people to quit because there is no reward is another.
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-07-2015 at 06:27 PM.