Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pay too win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Of course you're going to get snobbish responses if you are "begging, literally begging". 99.9% of the time soneone who begs for help with a run will spend that whole run begging for gold, pets, gear and anything else they can think of. It's awful.

Basic mythics don't require platinum to get, and a set is about 1.5mill depending on your class. You can easily make that in 2-3 weeks of farming. If you have a decent amount of skill and a good attitude, people will overlook a lack of extra bling. I run with a number of legendary players with perfectly acceptable stats. Get some decent stats and find an end-game elite guild to join. Even Pheonix's requirements are designed so that they can be met by a player with elite legendary gear, and we have some of the strictest requirements in the game.

However, If you go to them begging, you're going to get a poor response. I had one guy ask me to help him in Shuyal yesterday, and I was going to, until at the end of his request he says PLSSSSSSSSSS. That got him an auto-rejection. No tolerance for beggers. If they beg for help they always want more. Have some pride in yourself and show maturity and people will be much more receptive.
    Not even 1.5mil, during 2X events and such a set can easily drop below that by a few hundred thousand!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelo View Post
    Not the begging part, but I mean if someone does come up to you, then you are bound to be influenced by responding in a way that will come off as "snobbish". Also, this is off-topic, but have you played Skyrim? It's an amazing game. Since the legendary edition is 40% off on Steam, I'll be buying it once I get some cash. You should try that for a while!
    I'm currently playing destiny and wow and diablo 3 wondering why I keep coming back to AL honestly. The only reason I keep coming back is because of the friends I've made.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Not even 1.5mil, during 2X events and such a set can easily drop below that by a few hundred thousand!
    I hope so I will hustle and get up on some

: pop holding it down :

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    I'm currently playing destiny and wow and diablo 3 wondering why I keep coming back to AL honestly. The only reason I keep coming back is because of the friends I've made.
    Well, some of the games you should try especially if you love the RPG aspect are Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim. As for the non-fantasy type games, then you should try out Saint's Row 3/4 (VERY FUN), Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and the most popular, GTA 5.

I agree about coming back for friends. Only reason I came back to AL was because my PS3 broke. Now I've made a couple of good friends. Haifer's definitely one of them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

If you present it as just you being needy and expecting other people to drop their own gaming to come and help with yours, or just spamming/demanding that someone comes to "help you" this usually receives a very poor response in guild chat. This is because its presented in a way which is all about you. YOU need help. YOU need the AP. YOU are just sitting around doing nothing and relying/expecting other players to do something they don't need to do. (not you personally, I'm just saying this is often the case).

Instead, try to get involved in a guild community. When people post asking for parties for things, accept them and go - do runs with people, help others, make yourself known to the guild and make friends. Events are great for running and getting to know guildies because its easy to say "invite me for event " when someone asks. You will find that when you are readily available and often take up requests to party with others and play with them, then they are more likely to respond if you ask for a party for something you specifically need.

When it comes to getting help for things its not about gear - You just need to put in the help and presence first to get it back. Mature and independent players will get help, while people who present themselves as needy will not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelo View Post
    Well, some of the games you should try especially if you love the RPG aspect are Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim. As for the non-fantasy type games, then you should try out Saint's Row 3/4 (VERY FUN), Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and the most popular, GTA 5.

I agree about coming back for friends. Only reason I came back to AL was because my PS3 broke. Now I've made a couple of good friends. Haifer's definitely one of them!
    Me? 0.o

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Haifer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

While I agree with one thing here. I have dealt with the experience of having people beg for gold, pets, gear, etc. The top % 1 just say screw everyone else we have made it. Now I understand that is impossible for them to help everyone out but at least don't sit there like a bump on a log and forget that they weren't in that spot before.
    I'm not in the top 1% but I don't believe this is true. Sure, it probably is for some of them, but definitely not all. Just last week I was with Twixc farming for essences, and every run he invited random people from the tomb lobby to join, so they could share xp from us to level up faster. That's not something someone does if they are the kind of jaded jerk that is portrayed here.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I'm not in the top 1% but I don't believe this is true. Sure, it probably is for some of them, but definitely not all. Just last week I was with Twixc farming for essences, and every run he invited random people from the tomb lobby to join, so they could share xp from us to level up faster. That's not something someone does if they are the kind of jaded jerk that is portrayed here.
    Well twoxc is one of the good ones. It's a rarity that player of his caliber even takes out the time to help and I want to tell him thanks. But I still say that the top 1% is high on a hog and don't want to help the lesser folks.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haifer View Post
    Me? 0.o
    Yes you boss
    *unprecedented*

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of comments:

1) Yes, you do need to purchase a little bit of plat to be successful in this game. However, you don't need to be some big plat whale to get really good gear, it just takes some time and effort. If you are unable to spend any money on this game, then you wouldn't even have a device to play the game on. Back when I was a kid there was no such thing as a free game. You had to go to the store and buy your games, and they all cost money. So this is not some big crime that a game cost money. The company who makes it is not a charity, they have employees that have to get paid, etc.

2) Many people don't realize this, but when you are a leaderboard player and you stand in town with nice gear, you get about one private message every few seconds, and it can be hard to keep up with it all, especially if you are busy doing something like trying to list an item in the auction. So many times I do not reply to people I don't know. I'm not intending to be rude, but it's no fun to sit in town for hours answering people's questions. I like to actually play the game too.

3) There is a difference between asking for help, and asking someone to do it for you. Most of the players who have asked me for help in the past month have asked for help completing planar tombs. Unfortunately, they don't have the gear to do dungeons that hard, so they end up dying and I fight the boss by myself since they have no ankhs and then when they walk back to the boss after dying, they drag the mobs with them and I die too. Some dungeons in this game are too hard for those with weak gear. Asking someone who has better gear for help is not going to help you finish the dungeon, it's just going to get the other player killed. Every time I have tried to help someone with lower gear finish planar tombs, the result has been many deaths added to my stats and we still can't manage to beat the boss. There is an order to things. If you do not have good enough gear to finish the hardest dungeons, then maybe you need to do the easier ones until you save up enough gold to get better gear.
    I missed responding to you. I'm from that Era where you had to play the game without in game purchases. Let's just say I go back far as Sega master system. I buy ankhs and again I hold my own. I know that STS isn't a charity. They have to pay there employees and keep the lights on. It's just again that the top players act as if they never had to have help. I'm not a crate popper never will be one. I'm a old school player where you earned everything you got. Oh and by the way I've completed the tombs with legendary gear and I don't like farming death either. You must be one of the snobbish players also so this a typical response from one of those type of players. I'm neither amazed nor surprised at this.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 12-21-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Regiza I feel you, I'm not a plat player too. But where do you base your 1% statistics? Becoming a full mythics isn't that hard. You just have to be patient on farming and merching.
    I just created a warrior a month ago form the scratch. I used it for farming tooths, after a month is already a full mythic. Now I can run with players with top gears no problem. Running the normal tindirin maps doesn't need mythics or arcanes. After farming tooths, dragonite bars and breeze eggs sells in millions of golds, thats a start.

My point here is, I think you didn't even tried or you tried but you give up too early then posted a rich-vs-poor thread in forum. If you really are an old retro-style gamer then grinding and farming is not a problem, I even remember hatching, reseting, trading and training for a lot of months to get just ONE perfect stat pokemon back then. It dwarfs the efforts I do here in AL just to be an elite-geared player. Please don't preach that your some kind of hard-core gamer who farms everything in-game if you didn't actually do it. Heck! I can create 10 facebook accounts and play the bard daily quest everyday, and at the end of the month its an automatic 800k to 1m worth. Your just lazy.

Again, I'm a non-plat player too. Never purchased nor spent a thing here but I got full mythic set on 3 characters, a couple of arcane pets and top-geared twinks. Don't blame others if they don't party you in elites, strive so that those others will be the one begging you to join them on elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

All games which include "online" on their genre are all PAY TO WIN, what makes you think its not? On other games they let you purchase the Godly items for a certain price (boring) here on AL you try your luck on crates, and to those people who farmed their way to getting mythic/arcane stuff i salute you!
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

A lot of people stand In town afk. If they aren't answering they may not even be playing. Or like other have said they may be getting tons of pms.

Best thing to do if no one is helping you and you find poor parties is solo. Assuming everyone else owes you help in this game isn't much different from begging and won't get you good responses. Just some advise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This isn't meant to offend anyone. So try not to look at like that. Let's face it AL has become a pay to win game. If you don't have the mythic and arcane gear no one will run with you when it comes to end game content. The gap between rich and poor is so expansive that it's ridiculous not mention that it's not fun too play anymore. I had to beg I mean literally beg people that have the tip top gear in the game to get help. All my gear is legendary but, after having to beg people that have the best gear in the game I just simply said it's not worth it. The top players are so snobbish that if you speak to them they are so high on horse that they don't even speak back. Kind of reminds me in real life that if you don't have a certain status or income bracket then they don't want anything to do with you. And this is a game and I read where people say they help people all the time and I've asked some of you gamers who post these comments and no answer so it's just all lies. I may just leave the AL community and play something different.
    AL always been pay to win (LB), but I can accept that because I'm not chasing LB, only play for fun
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of comments:

1) Yes, you do need to purchase a little bit of plat to be successful in this game. However, you don't need to be some big plat whale to get really good gear, it just takes some time and effort. If you are unable to spend any money on this game, then you wouldn't even have a device to play the game on. Back when I was a kid there was no such thing as a free game. You had to go to the store and buy your games, and they all cost money. So this is not some big crime that a game cost money. The company who makes it is not a charity, they have employees that have to get paid, etc.

2) Many people don't realize this, but when you are a leaderboard player and you stand in town with nice gear, you get about one private message every few seconds, and it can be hard to keep up with it all, especially if you are busy doing something like trying to list an item in the auction. So many times I do not reply to people I don't know. I'm not intending to be rude, but it's no fun to sit in town for hours answering people's questions. I like to actually play the game too.

3) There is a difference between asking for help, and asking someone to do it for you. Most of the players who have asked me for help in the past month have asked for help completing planar tombs. Unfortunately, they don't have the gear to do dungeons that hard, so they end up dying and I fight the boss by myself since they have no ankhs and then when they walk back to the boss after dying, they drag the mobs with them and I die too. Some dungeons in this game are too hard for those with weak gear. Asking someone who has better gear for help is not going to help you finish the dungeon, it's just going to get the other player killed. Every time I have tried to help someone with lower gear finish planar tombs, the result has been many deaths added to my stats and we still can't manage to beat the boss. There is an order to things. If you do not have good enough gear to finish the hardest dungeons, then maybe you need to do the easier ones until you save up enough gold to get better gear.
    number 3 is usually the problem. The elite maps weren't meant for those that can handle it. There are plenty of other maps people can run but they choose the hardest maps, die, and complain.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Regiza I feel you, I'm not a plat player too. But where do you base your 1% statistics? Becoming a full mythics isn't that hard. You just have to be patient on farming and merching.
    I just created a warrior a month ago form the scratch. I used it for farming tooths, after a month is already a full mythic. Now I can run with players with top gears no problem. Running the normal tindirin maps doesn't need mythics or arcanes. After farming tooths, dragonite bars and breeze eggs sells in millions of golds, thats a start.

My point here is, I think you didn't even tried or you tried but you give up too early then posted a rich-vs-poor thread in forum. If you really are an old retro-style gamer then grinding and farming is not a problem, I even remember hatching, reseting, trading and training for a lot of months to get just ONE perfect stat pokemon back then. It dwarfs the efforts I do here in AL just to be an elite-geared player. Please don't preach that your some kind of hard-core gamer who farms everything in-game if you didn't actually do it. Heck! I can create 10 facebook accounts and play the bard daily quest everyday, and at the end of the month its an automatic 800k to 1m worth. Your just lazy.

Again, I'm a non-plat player too. Never purchased nor spent a thing here but I got full mythic set on 3 characters, a couple of arcane pets and top-geared twinks. Don't blame others if they don't party you in elites, strive so that those others will be the one begging you to join them on elites.
    Kinzmet,
    Apparently you rarely read the forums. I work my tail off and play hard also. I can't afford to make 10 Facebook accounts and do 10 bard daily quest. My priorities have changed I mean do have a life. Not saying you don't. I farm eggs, locks, gear, etc. The return versus what your spending doesn't cover what your putting out. And as a rich vs poor alas, you missed it again. I said the gap between the two is expansive if that is a rich vs poor then fine but, that isn't the intent. Lazy you say? You don't know anything about me first of all. If you read the post which apparently you didn't. I said that this isn't meant to offend anyone. I take back the comment about not having a life out of this game. You probably don't have any friends and then complains about not having any. You probably live in your families basements. You probably don't a bill one to pay for or kids or real responsibilities what so ever
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 12-21-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    number 3 is usually the problem. The elite maps weren't meant for those that can handle it. There are plenty of other maps people can run but they choose the hardest maps, die, and complain.
    I've ran into number 3 the most Cookiez

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rich vs poor .. its that :/
    But if u r old player , u sure normally have a gud gear , so got a lot of fun , im personnally a nab lol , i only have a elon bow n mythic set .. n some time , ppl u telling "snoobish" dont tell me too but its only a game , go find other player n got fun or go work .. i dont understand this thread U.u

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    A lot of people stand In town afk. If they aren't answering they may not even be playing. Or like other have said they may be getting tons of pms.

Best thing to do if no one is helping you and you find poor parties is solo. Assuming everyone else owes you help in this game isn't much different from begging and won't get you good responses. Just some advise.
    I never said that anyone owes me help let's clear that up. I've dealt with the pm issue myself. But you can't be one way in game and then come and post about your helping people and you know aren't doing that. No saying that you have done this personally.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 12-21-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    All games which include "online" on their genre are all PAY TO WIN, what makes you think its not? On other games they let you purchase the Godly items for a certain price (boring) here on AL you try your luck on crates, and to those people who farmed their way to getting mythic/arcane stuff i salute you!
    I agree with all online games are play to win. The prices for items are ungodly in the cs and the crates don't even get me started with them lol.